Gibo S/s 2005

So, runner, I always thought that Gibo was the name of Julie V's label - was it actually around well before she came on the scene?

I think Gibo is originally a manufacturer that has much to do with ONWARD group.
so brands affiliated with ONWARD group have been produced by Gibo.

mmmm thats interesting. you are the font of all fashion knowledge runner! Thanks once more. I actually tired to find a website that would tell me how to write 'thanks' in Japanese but i couldn't find one....

Gibo is a manfacturer and they hired Julie V. to design a lien under there own name, but I guess that didn't work out. :(

I looked at the rest of the photos on UK Vogue site, it's quite nice for what it is, but I was expecting Julie so i'm disapointed.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 28 2004, 07:45 PM
Gibo is a manfacturer and they hired Julie V. to design a lien under there own name, but I guess that didn't work out. :(
[snapback]378431[/snapback]​

thats right spacemiu, Gibo is an Italian based mass manufactured of higher standards and their pulled off their own label brand with Julie V. right after her success with the LV 'hobo' bags, she was too hype at the moment.. i never really liked her 80s addiction.

i think they kept loosing money on her, the label never really took off the way Gibo was expecting, but now it seems that they are finally on the right track.
Commercial -as expected from an Italian mass manufacturer- but much better designed than before, wishing all the luck to their new designer, he seems quite concentrated and fit for the post

i never really liked her 80s addiction.

I agree with you there Lena - i remember seeing some particularly disgusting batwing affairs in a shop in Paris. not nice.

Originally posted by helena@Sep 29 2004, 12:23 PM
- i remember seeing some particularly disgusting batwing affairs in a shop in Paris. not nice.
[snapback]379207[/snapback]​

:lol: i know, quite horrid werent they, plus she was insisting taking them out every single season.. too easy, too boring :rolleyes:

yes i also remember some clown like black things with lots of primary coloured patches. she was definately better at illustrations & the LV bags. I'm not a fan of LV bags but I liked those ones.

100104_23.jpg

love this dress

Paths Less Traveled
Ichiro Seta sent out his first collection for Gibò on Monday. He had previously worked for Jean Paul Gaultier and Yohji Yamamoto, and his training showed in such clever items as beachworthy jersey dresses that twisted and tied. What didn’t work as well were looks garnished with shaggy, mossy trimmings. But Seta is off to a strong start.
from wwd :flower:

the hats are lovely. most of the clothes looks cute and easy to wear, but maybe a bit too boring though.

Saw some of this in an editorial in a magazine recently. Its sooo lovely. well done Ichiro Seta!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->