Gisele Bundchen confirmed she's not going to make her design debut w/Dolce & Gabbana

you mean that topshop actually design ORIGINAL things, instead of copying everyone elses ideas?? hehe

if it were easier to sue people for copying designs i'm pretty certain arcadia wouldn't have had such a huge turnover last year....

obviously with D&G there will be less copying, more "taking inspiration" from her look but if she actually spends any time designing it, you know taking into consideration the cut, the fit, or even how many buttons are on the garment i will be in awe!!

Yup, you got that right. I'm sure ABS would be out of biz too.... But who knows about Giselle. I just think you shouldn't tread in another field if you really don't get down and dirty in it when it comes to actual work.

I guess it's not happening...

Gisele's Not The One
Model responds to rumors of collection for Dolce & Gabbana
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
(NEW YORK) Gisele Bündchen wants to put to rest the persistent rumors that have her designing a special collection for Dolce & Gabbana. Through her agency IMG Models (whose parent company IMG also owns Fashion Week Daily), the Brazilian supermodel said, "I am surprised and flattered by the news that there was a party being planned in honor of a collaboration with Domenico and Stefano. [I am] surprised certainly as no such line is in development."

In December, reports surfaced that Bündchen, the face of Dolce & Gabbana's The One fragrance, was designing a range of clothing and accessories with friends Dolce and Gabbana. A release date of this spring was even touted, as were projected sales of $200 million, though to date no garments have arrived in stores. Then, on February 25, an additional report claimed that the designers were planning a star-studded party in Rome to celebrate the launch of the collaboration, followed by events in New York, London, Dublin, Paris, Barcelona, and São Paulo.

"They are two of the most talented designers in the world and are in no way in need of my help to complement their collections," Bündchen continued. "I have been so grateful to participate in their campaigns and runway shows and look forward to a continued relationship with them in this capacity."

www.fashionweekdaily.com

this is really weird....why didnt she deny this earlier? and why didnt domenico and stefano deny it?

i wonder if the OTHER rumours of her working with H&M on a lingerie/beach collection are true...but those rumours were older than the D&G ones...

I actually really respect her for this:
"They are two of the most talented designers in the world and are in no way in need of my help to complement their collections," Bündchen continued. "I have been so grateful to participate in their campaigns and runway shows and look forward to a continued relationship with them in this capacity."
She knows her place, unlike so many overly ambitious celebs:innocent:

Whew! Gisele should just stay the way she is. I dont mind Kate's line cuz she actually has style, Gisele is just a model.

I think it would have been interesting if anything... good... well, that's another issue to see. She seems to know her place in the fashion world and we should at least respect that from her.

I'm also glad this is not happening but like Lucy the timing seems funny. Why not deny it as soon as the rumors started?

I dont remember have hear about a wonderful style or sense of fashion of top model Gisele Bundchen but that is the trend of fashion business now, and who dont wanna make money with her famous name?

I understand She is a beautiful top model...

oh another celeb is going to "design" a collection. can`t wait

Maybe a mod can change the title, so that people aren't still confused...she will not be designing a collection for them...at least those are the words coming from her.

That's a relief. I like her statement, too (even tho I'm sure she didn't write it.) It shows she knows her place, not like another celeb wannabe designer.

I can't see Gisele designing a line in the first place. She's not even known for her street style (i.e. Kate) :blush:

That's a relief! I was happy about Kate's line, but not about Gisele's, because her style is a bit boring.

Maybe she read this thread and changed her mind :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiyahG
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->