Gisele No Longer with Victoria Secret

mellowdrama said:
Are they keeping Bob Dylan? Because without his endorsement, I may never buy another pair of $15 scratchy polyester underwear.

:lol:

that is utter bullsh*t.

VS doesn't care about Gisele's extra lbs, (*which are compleeeeeetely impossible to see*). look at KK and Adriana, both of whom are much curvier than Gisele.

One thing that Tyra always said was that VS never ever told her to lose weight. they liked her the way she was. (and lawd knows Tyra's much more voluptuous than Gisele).

^ I agree. I was also skeptical about that (among other things in the article) because Tyra has said something along the lines that VS does not have a weight limit/policy. Oh TMZ, sometimes you break great gossip and sometimes they're rather laughable. :wink: :lol:

I am so glad she is over VS - don'tlike the brand,don't like the panties, don't like the ads. full stop.

She got greedy and I'm glad VS took a stand. She can easily replaced by younger and hotter girls. A girl by the name of Bar comes to mind...

i heard on TV that VS pretty much said they don't care that she's not with them anymore because they have "younger" hot girls already lined up.

anapaula said:
A Brazilian magazine named Boa Forma said that Daniela Sarahyba just signed with VS. She is a stunning girl much more curvaceous than most of the VS models.

i saw it too, and juliana imai signed too, but i don't know if they are going to be angels or just catalog work like yamila diaz rahi. And...I don't like Karolina replacing Gisele...she has not the power Gisele has, I prefer girls with fierce walks like Flavia, Natasha, Trentini. Just my point.

eeh im soo sick of gisele..she should just act or something..soo over-rated

funny --- i have heard of Juliana Imai, but never really looked through her thread, until now.

she's quite striking, i gotta say. she's got the sultry sensuality that seems to be unique to Brazilians, yet she has that tremendously exotic Asian allure. plus she has breasts, and that helps when selling bras (though they are definitely smaller than they were a few years ago). i wish she would've been an Angel instead of Izabel ... but alas, i'm not making the decisions over at VS Inc. haha. even just saying the names: Karolina, Alessandra, Adriana, Selita, Juliana, Miranda, Izabel (erm ...)

i do think that VS should have an Asian representative. there is a huge asian population within North America and, beyond that, they broadcast the show all over Japan and Korea, though i don't know whether or not there are stores there. (if not, there certainly should be -that would help give the VS girls much more international recognition). i think that Juliana would make a great Angel.

however, she won't be replacing Gisele. judging from the way that VS is promoting, and the blurb in the new GQ UK issue (with Alessandra on the cover), i'm pretty sure that Karolina is, in fact, the replacement for Gisele as VS's "Head Girl".

that being said, obviously they need a new Angel, and i have it under very good authority that a deal has already been struck and that it is definitely Miranda Kerr. i don't necessarily agree with this choice. i think that she looks too much like a younger version of Adriana. but she's certainly sexy, has a great body, an outgoing personality, basically all the traits to be a great spokesperson for the company.

hopefully they'll use Doutzen to replace Adriana next year.

Miranda Kerr. is kinda....young looking. She has a semi-alien face.

Why do they go for Brazilians so much?

well, its probably impossible to give any answer to that without making a blanket generalization. but, in my opinion, i'd have to believe that they use so many Brazilians because of a few main reasons:

1 - Brazil is a very multi-racial culture. you can have a Brazilian who looks like Raquel Zimmerman, or Gisele, or Juliana or Cintia, etc. point is, there are many many different looks and combinations of features represented in Brazil.

2 - so what do these models have in common then? what makes them so used by everyone? well, i think it's because Brazilians, in general, have a much healthier relationship with their bodies than Americans. also, they come from a warm country, and a very social and sensual culture. these things blend and create a people who can wear next to nothing and instead of feeling "naked", they feel sexy and confident. it's not a "cold" country, where half the year is spent trying to stay indoors and bundled up in layers upon layers of clothing. they're outside in shorts and swimsuits and getting sun and feeling sexy.

julicalg said:
So, do you think an actress like julia Roberts deserves 20 million a year? Why is that actress deserve more than models? All of them show their image for a living and Gisele's image sells, the same with kate Moss... the same with all the other SUPER'S we had in the past

I compretely think that if we valued the models more we would have a hole bunch of Super like in the 90's... and Gisele has always been known in the industry for being punctual doing a hell of a good job (they say she even know how many frames left in a roll of film there are- she counts then as she is being shoot) and being fun to work with...

But that is just my opinion, I really believe we should value them as any other image driven profession!:flower:

Um no I don't think Julia Roberts, or any other actor, deserves that much money. I do think it's reasonable for actors to earn more than models because (in my opinion) there is more skill involved with their professions...

That said, I think acting, modelling, and the sports worlds really need to deflate their hype about paychecks. It's ridiculous, Gisele gets paid absurd amounts of money for looking bored and open mouthed in that lingerie, while we can't even guarantee that the very people MAKING that underwear that she sits in are getting a decent wage. Not a barely survivable wage...but a living wage.

eternitygoddess said:
Selita is the worst angel IMO. And I know exactly why they picked her.
Really? Then why didn't they keep Oluch if they wanted a "token black" model? :rolleyes:

Selita is mixed, not black.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that Gisele isnt doing victoria secret it will be hard for the average person to be intrested in Victoria secret. Most women complain about the product. If you ask any person who isnt into the fashion world to name a model from today, the first name they would give you is GISELE. The "new younge girls" have big shoes to full and I think Karolina will replace Gisele in a heartbeat.

As far as Gisele leaving victoria secret...good for her, she'll be good for the fashion world. I wanna see her on vogue covers, editorials, and MORE RUNWAYS to push the models back into the spotlight.

-Best of the luck to "The Body".

They can easily replace her with a "younger, hotter" girl but, none of the other girls have a personality like Gisele. I have seen Karolina, Adriana, Selita, Alessandra on talk shows and I find their personalities to be bland. They lack charisma and star power imo.:flower:

FrockRadar8 said:
It's ridiculous, Gisele gets paid absurd amounts of money for looking bored and open mouthed in that lingerie, while we can't even guarantee that the very people MAKING that underwear that she sits in are getting a decent wage. Not a barely survivable wage...but a living wage.
True. But if-ever Gisele's paycheck's had been reduced, the extra money would have gone in the pocket of the top executives as part of their yearly bonuses packages.
The poor little devils in their sweatshops will keep trimming for coppers regardless of what happens on higher lever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->