Gisele No Longer with Victoria Secret

The New York Post is reporting this morning that Gisele is in negotiations with H & M for her own lingerie line! They sopposedly are waiting for the VS contract to be over for legal reasons...

That explains a lot... if she has her line she will get way more than those 5 mil a year...she probably will do what she does with the 'Ipanema Gisele Bundchen' sandals line, get a percentage of sales...

Smart if it is true...

Harumi said:
True. But if-ever Gisele's paycheck's had been reduced, the extra money would have gone in the pocket of the top executives as part of their yearly bonuses packages.
The poor little devils in their sweatshops will keep trimming for coppers regardless of what happens on higher lever.

Good point! Ideally, the huge amount of money she'd earn would have to go back to the workers....but i don't think that's happening. Damn executives :yuk:

eternitygoddess said:
Miranda Kerr. is kinda....young looking. She has a semi-alien face.

Why do they go for Brazilians so much?

Is that the girl in the new commericals?...
If so, she is very young looking.
Watching TV the other night my bf said , " How old is she?, she looks too young to be modelling for VS, I feel dirty!":rolleyes:

Miranda is doing a VS commercial at the moment for Angels Wireless. And suprisingly, she's just turned 24!

1 - Brazil is a very multi-racial culture. you can have a Brazilian who looks like Raquel Zimmerman, or Gisele, or Juliana or Cintia, etc. point is, there are many many different looks and combinations of features represented in Brazil.

So is the USA. Also there are other countries in South America just as good as Brazil. If not, How bout the West Indies-Puerto Rico? Jamaica? Ha :innocent:

Selita is mixed, not black.
She is. But she seems to accept herself as black. I think Jessica White should be an angel, if they're looking for a black model. I think she takes her job way too seriously...Not that there is anything wrong with that..But it's hard to put into words. "I'm a VS angel! Oh my gah! Look at me!" :innocent:

But anyway VS is all about personality. Karolina def has that. She's silly and bubbly.

Last edited by a moderator:
jollyvixen said:
Really? Then why didn't they keep Oluch if they wanted a "token black" model? :rolleyes:

Selita is mixed, not black.

Most of America lives by the "one drop rule". So she would be "black" even though her actual ethnic background says otherwise.

I've never understood the hype around Gisele. She stopped being curvy a long time ago, and now just has killer poses and a very sexual walk to make up for her boyish body and sharp features.

Ironic that Victoria's Secret was originally a brand targeted at men buying for their wives and now it employs sexless skeletons like Gisele...

Rubbish actors get paid millions because millions of people will pay their $10 to see them acting terribly in dreadful movies.

They get paid millions because their rubbish producers make billions because they all exist in the same closed-shop circle-jerk with even more billions to perpetuate the whole setup... from some points of view.

Gisele has a Q&A in this month's Allure (which I occasionally flip through but never buy, this case not excepting). If it were doubtless that the timing was deliberate, I'd say it read like a show of support from a magazine which has always favored her, rather than a eulogy piece. Thus encouraging everyone's suspicions that she won't require one yet...

Gypsy_Doll said:
So is the USA. Also there are other countries in South America just as good as Brazil. If not, How bout the West Indies-Puerto Rico? Jamaica? Ha :innocent:

sure sure, obviously the USA and Canada are both multi-racial countries. they are "nations of immigrants". but it is the combination of the races, the mixing of the cultures AND the climate, and social sensuality all combined that make Brazilians more alluring and desirable than Americans. that's just my opinion, though. feel free to disagree. :flower:

happycanadian said:
sure sure, obviously the USA and Canada are both multi-racial countries. they are "nations of immigrants". but it is the combination of the races, the mixing of the cultures AND the climate, and social sensuality all combined that make Brazilians more alluring and desirable than Americans. that's just my opinion, though. feel free to disagree. :flower:

Exactly! In Brazil will rarely find someone that is a "pure" race so to speak. In the USA they have a diversity of races but they are not mixed into one person, they are all separated and marriage between different races are not a big and still illegal until the 70's.
I am Brazilian and I am Italian, Portuguese, African and Native Indian. Even Gisele has African blood, her grandmother was mulato(Portuguese/African).

I am Brazilian and I am Italian, Portuguese, African and Native Indian. Even Gisele has African blood, her grandmother was mulato(Portuguese/African).
Hearsay or facts? I had always thought her relatives were all German immigrants.

anapaula said:
Exactly! In Brazil will rarely find someone that is a "pure" race so to speak. In the USA they have a diversity of races but they are not mixed into one person, they are all separated and marriage between different races are not a big and still illegal until the 70's.

I agree:flower: I am half brazilian as in portuguese, native american and african american. (Other part of me is Dutch/Eastern European, which makes me a marsian:innocent: )

I'm very happy I can just say that I am ''brazilian'' to people and hold it there, because we are all so mixed. If I'd name all those different cultures ppl would tell me I'm crazy or have a big fantasy:lol: I think Brasil is one of the biggest multi-racial country's.

Gypsy_Doll said:
Hearsay or facts? I had always thought her relatives were all German immigrants.
I think so too....Her stats say she's German on both sides of family...

Gypsy_Doll said:

She is the 6th generation of German immigrants so it is possible that member of her family married someone that is not German therefore it is possible for her to have a mulato grandmother. I don't know about the facts but that what some said in Brazil.

Gisele as far as I know is part German part Italian, just like Leo. No latina or african in her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->