Givenchy S/S 11 Paris

even though it reminds me of balenciaga f/w 05 collection, it looks great so far.

i like this, a lot. so simple.
but i really don't see much givenchy in this besides the hair and makeup.. maybe because it's so minimal? i really can't put my finger on it. maybe it's the presentation that threw me off. it's very tailored and while it's nothing new, i like the sheer bottoms and even the altered leopard print.

foeuz8.jpg

xf27wn.jpg

the invitation

twitter.com/vogueparislive

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite chic from the outside but this is almost too trivial for Tisci. I don't have a problem with the aesthetic, most of the clothes push my buttons, but you'd expect something more complex from him. This is too mediocre and almost too routine.

speaking of Phi, if I may ask quickly, they haven't shown for resort, and not yet for spring 2011 either ... can someone tell me what's up?

Phi closed.

This is a very nice collection !! I was expecting more, though, after that spectacular haute couture presentation.

I'll give it to them, for a Givenchy show, it was okay. although i don't like the direction this house is going (too goth for me), i thought this collection was better then prior seasons

1610x.jpg

2x610.jpg

daylife.com

^I look at the last picture and I forget whether I like or not the proposals... Tisci is one of the few to transmit this deep dramatism in his creations :heart:.

I really like this collection... When I read that there were some leopard prints I was a little bit scared because of the men's collection, but now that I've seen those dresses, I totally in love with it especially the dress that Iris' wearing... Can't wait for someone to post the HDs :flower:

It's quite chic from the outside but this is almost too trivial for Tisci. I don't have a problem with the aesthetic, most of the clothes push my buttons, but you'd expect something more complex from him. This is too mediocre and almost too routine.

Agree. You could say he's standing still not moving forward. Shame.

The song that can be heard is "King Night" by Salem.

36162_438411685457_43751150457_5694325_3168409_n.jpg

highly collectable: new givenchy invitation by m/m doubles up as a leopard-printed and shark skin-textured wristband
m/m paris' facebook

The problem with some designers is that they let their inspiration scatter and don't follow a SPRING/SUMMER or FALL/WINTER scheme for their shows. This is clearly the case here and though I love Tisci this didn't wow me as I'd like

Also, I generally dislike black/white leopard print

Love the collection and the make up ! It's so "Vampirish" !!! :blush: :D can't wait for HD

I guess that I'm one of the few that doesn't like this. To put it simply, I find it rather boring. And I feel like i've seen it all, all to often, just executed better or with a more interesting approach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turnipcookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->