Givenchy S/S 2021 Paris

I like some elements – the shoulder things, the shoes – but it's all rather decadent, and not in the extravagant kind of way. More trash than chic, unfortunately.

He has a clear vision and wants to execute it, but this has nothing to do with Givenchy. The only value of the brand is now in the decades of marketing, and I guess you can flush the legacy down the toilet.

Also, the bags in every photo makes the company look desperate. And honestly, the bags overshine the fashion, which I guess was the whole point.

I like this, I feel like the menswear was what Claire was attempting to get at but failed miserably. This is definitely for a younger, not as imaginative/creative individual but I do like mostly what I’m seeing! And I am sure the accessories will do very well under MW.

To me this debut is way worse than expected. It's a total mess overhyped by the marketing with some hints of inspirations from the archives. Of course he had to make those copies of Tisci's pieces, too. When it comes to the accessories, I feel like those bags have been done better by other designers. It's literally nothing to be excited about so I'm not sure how it's gonna sell. What's more, this whole 'sexiness' seems to be completely hollow and done to death by everyone else. And don't let me start on that awful black gown with red strings that looks like a cheap Alexander Wang rip off.

I thought he would keep it classy like in the first half since we already have Balenciaga to sell us that trash aesthetic...but it quickly devolved into just that.

The leather briefs are quite Helmut and the painted jeans are Margiela-esque but that was to be expected really.

I do have to admit the bags look perfect...to knock someone's teeth off.

P.S: Do you think the high-wasted pants were designed to contain the dreaded lockdown belly?

Some of the bags remind me of from some pieces from Phoebe Philo’s Celine and Daniel Lee’s Bottega Veneta
The key points are the bags and accessories, obviously. I can already some of them become the next trendy items, but I also enjoy most of clothes and dresses here
Overall, I prefer this to Clare Waight Keller’s first collection in Givenchy and Daniel Lee’s first collection in Bottega Veneta

It looks like he took all the ‘cool’ element of each current brands and Bottega-rized it, I see some JW Anderson Some Balenciaga, some SL
It is nice to see the pricing strategy

Not a single original look. Pathetic. Insta th*ts will love it. Thank God Hubert doesnt have to see it.
Hubert was very lovely man who admire women. A few years ago i watched document about him. He was not happy about his fashion house because for him was too dark and not classy.

The last big bags is ridiculous, if you need something like this you go to Ikea and buy the blue bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"