Gloves

I really need some for winter, but there's no way I'm spending a couple hundred dollars on freakin' gloves. :rolleyes:

Somebody needs to make some for $50-100 or something.

rrr i really want a nice pair of leather gloves...wrist length preferably, but i think i have an unusually short pinky...or maybe they're just made funny. anyone know of any that are around $50?

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Oct 30 2004, 01:17 AM
i got a black pair of LV gloves...they are wrist length & have a pearl trim :heart:

i ADORE my rochas electric blue gloves, elbow length :woot: , from last fall

...and i love the LV creme gloves with the cutouts & bows & cut finger tips for spring

:heart:
[snapback]410891[/snapback]​

Wow... they' have to be sexy :smile:... Do you have any pics ?? :D

Since you did kind of ask for it... Some of my gloves. The yellow are my favourite and match my vintage yellow prom dress. These are all vintage, by the way. Also, it's a bit difficult to see, but the black gloves have tiny embroided flowers.

:yuk: I completely detest practical winter gloves though, I'd forgo them entirely if I could.

Black leather that are skin-tight with sterling details.

La Crasia makes some fabulous gloves. As does Boon of Antwerp I believe. More people should don opera gloves.

I saw some teal leather gloves at H&M the other day.. they were 12 bucks and i was tempted to get them, but i'd probably never wear them.

I love Pradas ... though I remember some really unique at Alexander McQueen SS'03 .. here's a pic!!!
00012.L.JPG

Me too. I love them all but the second one is my favorite.

Originally posted by Dixie@Nov 14 2004, 09:35 PM
I like cashmere or cashmere lined.
[snapback]431958[/snapback]​
I recently bought some cashmere-lined gloves on Bluefly for pretty cheap. They're pretty basic-looking leather gloves, but they're nice if you don't want to spend $200. I'm probably not gonna need to wear 'em very often.

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Oct 29 2004, 09:18 PM
:yuk: I completely detest practical winter gloves though, I'd forgo them entirely if I could.
[snapback]410969[/snapback]​

I so agree. they're so clunky and make people's fingers look so clumsy and big. I have a huge stash of vintage gloves, mostly mid-forearm/elbow length, and I wear them a low. my favourite pair:

i saw a fantastic pr of gloves today in a store window...
olive cashmere knit to the elbow with a blk lther fingerless glove over...
it was actually all one piece...but it looked like two worn together...it was beautifully done and the leather was really soft and beautifully finished...may try to duplicate this look myself at home... :innocent: :woot:

Victoria Secret has some cashmere lined italian leather gloves for $58. :smile:

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 15 2004, 02:03 PM
i saw a fantastic pr of gloves today in a store window...
olive cashmere knit to the elbow with a blk lther fingerless glove over...
it was actually all one piece...but it looked like two worn together...it was beautifully done and the leather was really soft and beautifully finished...may try to duplicate this look myself at home... :innocent: :woot:
[snapback]432818[/snapback]​

I actually was thinking of a similar idea last night - layering up my really thin, delicate elbow gloves underneath one of my heavier pairs of fingerless gloves/wrist warmers. I think it could look really quite cool. the leather ones you described though sound really much more polished and beautiful. ^_^

There is something about a great pair of gloves...

I own a simple black leather pair which I can wear in the winter if it's cold enough, but I like the more trendy fingerless and motorcycle ones too.

Originally posted by utopia@Nov 15 2004, 04:49 PM
I actually was thinking of a similar idea last night - layering up my really thin, delicate elbow gloves underneath one of my heavier pairs of fingerless gloves/wrist warmers. I think it could look really quite cool. the leather ones you described though sound really much more polished and beautiful. ^_^
[snapback]433221[/snapback]​

i think you should give it a try and let us know how it works out...i cut up a pair of gloves and re-sewed them last year...

then i saw a very similar style at yohji this year...so odd... :blink: :woot:
but that saves me a couple hundred bucks right there... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->