Gloves

Topshop, H&M to name a few have some real nice long (elbow) leather gloves in at present. I think Wallis and Dorothy Perkins may have as well.

H&M apparently have been selling out real well, not sure about Topshop but they are a plain black leather (unlined) that reach to the elbow.

I bought a pair for my wife the other day.

Cheers.

Diorling said:
I saw a gorgeous pair of gloves at Dior, black w/ white leather and they button up, they also had a metallic pair of asymmetrical zips on it...I didnt really care for either too much, they were cute but not $700 cute. I did see a gorgeous pair of bone lambskin w/ purple suede lining from YSL, they were cheap too! Only $295, I didnt get them because the color is so light and Ill get them so dirty.

Im holding out for Hermes.

YSL gloves are surprisingly cheap. I just bought a pair for my father and it was ongly a little bit more than 150 (eur)
Hermes gloves are heaven but you shouldn't be afraid of 700 ^^ because they can charge wayy more for that
The cheaper they sell (the ones I have haha) are 435 EUR. They are simple, silk-lined, with the "clou de selle" (stud with "hermes-paris" slickly engraved on it). Women's gloves are less thin so they are cheaper (aroung 350 but even with a big size it would be hard to put your hads on it) for the same design.
After, if you want suede, cut-out gloves, long gloves with zip, then the sky is your limit in term of prices.I've tried a nice 650 EUR gloves yesterday haha.

+ If you allow me do give you some advices, the Lanvin gloves are heaven. The leather is washed, and they go in a lot of colors. Heaven I tell you!

missbliss said:
I just noticed these fingerless leather gloves @ urban outiftters that are pretty similiar to the Juicy one's I posted above. They have the cute bow & keyhole wrist cut-out + their only $28! I might have to get a pair.

p255084c.jpg
-
p255083c.jpg

they also come in pink to.

I just ordered these in black. They are on sale for 19.99 but with shipping and tax, it comes to just under $28. The black leather doesn look that great in the picture, but I like the style so I hope they look nice in person. The gloves are punky chic and can be dressed up.

belletrist said:
YSL gloves are surprisingly cheap. I just bought a pair for my father and it was ongly a little bit more than 150 (eur)
Hermes gloves are heaven but you shouldn't be afraid of 700 ^^ because they can charge wayy more for that
The cheaper they sell (the ones I have haha) are 435 EUR. They are simple, silk-lined, with the "clou de selle" (stud with "hermes-paris" slickly engraved on it). Women's gloves are less thin so they are cheaper (aroung 350 but even with a big size it would be hard to put your hads on it) for the same design.
After, if you want suede, cut-out gloves, long gloves with zip, then the sky is your limit in term of prices.I've tried a nice 650 EUR gloves yesterday haha.

+ If you allow me do give you some advices, the Lanvin gloves are heaven. The leather is washed, and they go in a lot of colors. Heaven I telll you!
I got a pair of Lanvin gloves, Im loving them.

does anyone know where to buy fingerless black leather gloves for guys cheap?

there's some an hot topic but they have this weird metallic thing on them.

does anyone know any stores/department stores/etc. which could have them, not online cause I can't really order right now.

or would my best bet be at a biker shop?

does anyone know where to buy fingerless black leather gloves for guys cheap?

there's some an hot topic but they have this weird metallic thing on them.

does anyone know any stores/department stores/etc. which could have them, not online cause I can't really order right now.

or would my best bet be at a biker shop?

Well, if you go to a Harley dealer, and they are authentic Harley products, they most likely will say Harley on them. They'll also probably fasten with velcro (yuck) and have padded palms (probably with gel) for riding.

In my experience, fingerless leather gloves for men that are more fashion oriented are hard to find. I did find a pair of Italian made fingerless brown suede gloves at TJ Maxx one time, but that was a needle in a haystack kind of thing.

Cutting fingers off of other gloves isn't the best option because you'll have to deal with the stichiing coming undone.

Found these online:

http://www.leatherglovesonline.com/pages2/md1a-rs4100.htm

rs4100.jpg

Price looks good enough to gamble.

Last edited by a moderator:
cold.jpg

forever21,ebay,intermix,mywardrobe

Note the leather ruffled gloves by Sara Berman...I am so in love with them!! They would be so nice w/ a 3/4 length coat. They are about $110 at mywardrobe.com and because they are so exquisite I don't think that's such a bad price. You could wear them every year!

I dont think i will be wearing my fingerless gloves anymore.

bunch of homos down here wearing them, so ridiculous already.

www.glovesbybruno.com

What do you think of the Townsend in men's? I think the elastic is off-putting. CL buys the women's...i was hoping their men's would be more cool.

I've been wanting long leather gloves this season (since like, this summer:P ) and I just bought some dark jade ones at BR. I love them and really wanted them but they didn't have black and that's what color I really wanted. I thought the jade might be cute though still and then I could also wear it with brown coats while the black gloves wouldn't look good with brown coats. What do you think? Should I order the black from another store and return the green? Or just keep the green? Also, even with my employee discount they were like $95. Does anyone know of a cheaper pair of long leather gloves that are decent quality? I haven't seen any for less than $150ish (the BR ones are $128 regular price).

So a) keep the green, b) exchange them for black, or c) return green and get a cheaper pair of your recommendation? Thank you!:flower: I just really want a good pair of long leather gloves but they are not cheap so I need help deciding.:blush:

green:
br551017-02p01v01.jpg

black:
br551017-00p01v01.jpg

bananarepublic.com

eta: geez... I feel stupid since you guys are buying (or talking about buying) dior and YSL gloves and I'm worrying about spending 95 on a pair. I guess price is relative. When you're a full time student with income consisting of part time retail money doesn't go very far.

Does anyone think the days of white gloves will ever come back? Also, does anyone know why they fell out of fashion?

maybe they are too hard to keep clean?^_^ Idk I really can't picture anyone wearing them as an essential later than the 60s Jackie-O era of ladylike style.... Honestly I don't have any facts though...

^well, early 60s bouffants killed the era of the hat as a necessary accessory for going outdoors.

i do wonder what killed the era of gloves as a public must have?

Does anyone think the days of white gloves will ever come back? Also, does anyone know why they fell out of fashion?

My opinion is there was such a huge shift in Western culture in the mid 60's, gloves just didn't fit in anymore. I mean, can you imagine young ladies going to the summer of love in San Fran wearing white gloves and hats? (lol...I'd love to see a pic of that if anyone had one). Would one wear white gloves to burn their bra? or protest the Vietnam War? I don't mean just in the US, but with the student protests going on all over Europe and the US, I just can't see gloves and hats fitting in with that generation of young women. The then young baby boomers were trying their best distance themselves from their parents. A good way to do that was to "rebel" against traditional clothing. Sure, they remained somewhat with older women (I think my grandmother still wore them into the 80s for more formal events) but society in general, imho, became less formal day to day.

I collect pics of vintage automobile advertisements, and there was a huge shift in dress from around 1963 to 1968. We went from the Jackie O look to Mod to Hippie very quickly, even with the slow to respond Big 3.

eta: geez... I feel stupid since you guys are buying (or talking about buying) dior and YSL gloves and I'm worrying about spending 95 on a pair. I guess price is relative. When you're a full time student with income consisting of part time retail money doesn't go very far.

Price is definately relative. I just watched a pair of men's Burbery Driving gloves go for close to retail on ebay, and the retail was over $200. I take pride on being a discount shopper, but that limits me sometimes.

Anyways, you might want to try TJ Maxx. Last year I did see some nice italian made black leather elbow length gloves for $40. This year I did see some Michael Kors (they buttoned past the wrist to mid arm) for $50, and I believe their retail was 200. In my experience some TJ's get junk, and others have some diamonds in the rough. I normally check out the women's gloves section because some of the more fashionable men's gloves wind up there lol. Some of what passes for men's "fashion" is truly laughable.

My opinion is there was such a huge shift in Western culture in the mid 60's, gloves just didn't fit in anymore. I mean, can you imagine young ladies going to the summer of love in San Fran wearing white gloves and hats? (lol...I'd love to see a pic of that if anyone had one). Would one wear white gloves to burn their bra? or protest the Vietnam War? I don't mean just in the US, but with the student protests going on all over Europe and the US, I just can't see gloves and hats fitting in with that generation of young women. The then young baby boomers were trying their best distance themselves from their parents. A good way to do that was to "rebel" against traditional clothing. Sure, they remained somewhat with older women (I think my grandmother still wore them into the 80s for more formal events) but society in general, imho, became less formal day to day.

I collect pics of vintage automobile advertisements, and there was a huge shift in dress from around 1963 to 1968. We went from the Jackie O look to Mod to Hippie very quickly, even with the slow to respond Big 3.

Thanks for that bit of history. I'm sad gloves fell by the wayside, but I can certainly understand why. I did see an older woman in Zurich this summer sporting wrist-length white gloves and I did a triple take. She looked fabulous.

maybe they are too hard to keep clean?^_^ Idk I really can't picture anyone wearing them as an essential later than the 60s Jackie-O era of ladylike style.... Honestly I don't have any facts though...

Even though they will never come back probably in style, would you think it was weird if you saw someone wearing white gloves on the street? :blink: Just curious.

Even though they will never come back probably in style, would you think it was weird if you saw someone wearing white gloves on the street? :blink: Just curious.

I think hats and gloves (except for weddings and possibly church for some congregations) have become somewhat "costume" for the summer.

I remember riding my bike through the local park this summer when they were having a Civil War reinactors encampment. Some of the "gents" were playing old time baseball (skinny sticks for bats and no gloves) and a bunch of the ladies were watching along the sides in giant skirts, huge hats, and dainty white lace gloves. I must admit, I felt out of place with my modern cycling gear lol.

I think if a young lady walked down the street (at least in my part of the country, the Great Lakes/Midwest) wearing white gloves in the summer she is probably going to get some impolite stares. I think that is sad, especially with the fact I see so many young "men" walking down the street with their jeans so low their belt buckle is chafing their knees.

I think I missed my era. :(

white gloves say "i'm prissy" to me. not really a positive modern attribute. I had a pair of pistachio leather gloves that were just as dainty, but the color made them a lot more funky and today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->