Greige

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
Green Greige
New York
There's a whisper in New York about just-launched sportswear line Greige Manufacturing Company. Greige was started by two former boutique workers, Cory Gomberg and Christopher Rosen, who have taken a shared design aesthetic and their experience from the sales floor to their own atelier, and they're beginning to grab some attention.
"Reviewing, wearing, and presenting the seasonal collections to discerning clients influenced our editorial/design process," says Gomberg about the Los Angeles boutique he shared with Rosen in the early '90s. Ten years later, feeling that men are still in need of wardrobe solutions, the duo started Greige to come to the rescue. "Greige was created out of necessity. We wanted to offer men items to covet, made with care, and fashioned with integrity," says Rosen of the drive for starting the line. Greige Manufacturing Company presents casual designer sportswear by way of time-honored fabrics, precise tailoring, and distinctive elements that ensure comfort and wearability. Extrapolating from the dictionary definition of greige, the complete collection combines traditional construction with a modern fit — a cultivated synergy between classic and contemporary. Greige incorporates structured pieces as well as knitwear (done by hand), and denim, made on vintage '60s machinery. Details include hand-tooled buttons, meticulous seaming, and novel laundering techniques. Garments are finished both inside and out with the same scrupulous attention.
"We are striving for those elusive conditions, seeking perfect imperfections, says Gomberg." For spring 2005, the debut collection of Greige Manufacturing Company will be available at premier retailers worldwide, including Odin New York (above).
-James Whitely
Photo: Greige spring 2005

can't post pics...the file's too big and i don;t know how to resize... :( :huh:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 9 2004, 08:37 PM
can't post pics...the file's too big and i don;t know how to resize... :( :huh:
[snapback]361481[/snapback]​
then, you can use "IMG" of Code Buttons.
just insert their addresses.

:P ...thanks runner...but i have no idea what you are talking about... :ninja:

IMG buttons?... :huh:

oh...i see now...

ok...so i tried that ...it didn't work... :(

Copy and paste your link into the IMG tab. Don't forget to remove the extra http first though. edit: Nevermind, I just tried it myself... :doh:

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Sep 10 2004, 01:01 AM
Copy and paste your link into the IMG tab. Don't forget to remove the extra http first though. edit: Nevermind, I just tried it myself... :doh:
[snapback]361745[/snapback]​
did it..didn't work... :unsure:

Originally posted by softgrey@Sep 10 2004, 01:03 AM
did it..didn't work... :unsure:
[snapback]361749[/snapback]​
Some pages don't work, I'm not sure why. In those cases I usually save the picture onto my computer, post it and then delete.

now I know it doesn't work... sorry.
JC Report images used not to have that problem though.

hahaha...thanks anyway guys...at least i know it isn't me...

I believe it is because it is a html image. Instead of a jpg.

Those looks are not very unique IMO.

Do you like the stuff SG? It's obviously quite basic in overall look, but from the article it sounds like the appeal would be in the fabrics, detail etc. It reminds me more of Margaret Howell than anything else.

pffff.......they call that designer menswear.....man they havent seen anything yet

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 10 2004, 04:22 AM
pffff.......they call that designer menswear.....man they havent seen anything yet
[snapback]361857[/snapback]​

What would you call "designer menswear" Acid?

Originally posted by Johnny@Sep 10 2004, 10:16 AM
What would you call "designer menswear" Acid?
[snapback]361888[/snapback]​

something special i cant buy in the highstreet

Originally posted by Acid@Sep 10 2004, 05:19 AM
something special i cant buy in the highstreet
[snapback]361892[/snapback]​

Do you mean something that looks like you can't buy it in the high street? If these clothes are really well made (as the article indicates) and therefore probably quite expensive, they probably won't be available on the high street. If there's high production values, nice fabrics etc, it would appeal to me, though it's obviosuly not everyone's taste :flower:

just clicked on the last link runner posted, not too bad styled but yes, nothing breathtaking there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->