Grimes

is it me or does it seem like she's making some kind of ironic gesture at pop culture with that video? the courtney love look-alike....that gaga thing....britney....

^ I can see that but admittedly I didn't watch the video all the way through.

Wow, seems like a lot of us are going to see Grimes in October. I can't wait, I'm seeing her in a very small, intimate venue so it should we very good.

I saw her once last year at the New Museum in ny, then I saw her again last week at a free show on the hudson river which was really cool! I really liked her set and seemed like she was having a good time. I agree about the editing though, there was one song that was pretty terrible, totally cheesy and boring. I think she's become pretty popular really fast and her live show and visuals will take some time to really synch up and be as refined as her sound. But overall still think she's fun and the music and her style is interesting. I read somewhere she built a boathouse with her bf and sailed down the mississippi?

^ hauntingly beautiful :heart:.. the kind of sound I always associated with Montreal for some reason, influenced by Constellation Records artists I guess.

The song is slightly similar to Skin right? (except Skin's nowhere as raw). Wish she played some of that stuff live.

i've kind of been bewitched now. there's actually something very cocteau twins meets cocorosie about her sound that i'm taken with.

I found out about her quite ago, but I completely get what you mean; it happened the same way with me...Heartbeats was the song that hooked me up to her, I can listen to it non stopping, it's complete bewitching, I absolutely love her style and her personality in her interviews, so akward and cool at the same time :heart: ... does anyone has the lyrics? I've been looking for them like crazy.

^ Oh I love that one. It reminds me of the boat houses on Danube here in Belgrade, during the spring 2012 when I used to take walks in the noon.

she was too cute at chanel!

image.jpg

trouvez l'erreur... :flower:

image.jpg

exposay.com
madame.lefigaro.fr

Wow, she made it to the front row.

Grimes doing dubstep :ermm:, hope it's just a phase and we won't lose completely the original sounds, even though the result is not that bad... why do every artist need to go full comercial nowadays? :doh:

^ So true. I hate it when they become popular. I mean cool for them, but still.

Yes, but have you heard the other song she did with blood diamonds? Phone sex? its so good!

I loved the way she described herself, hilarious! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised no-one's posted in this thread recently. Her new album Art Angels is topping many end of year best album lists.

e.g. Stereogum

Thoughts?

I love the fact she took her time on this and didn't rush out a follow-up to Visions. She recorded a bunch of stuff she ultimately didn't like and ended up ditching it all. Worth the wait though.

My favourite new track has to be Kill v. Maim.

Can't stop listening to World Princess part II :heart:; I like most of the other songs too.

CR Fashion Book Spring/Summer 2020

Grimes

Photographer: Jason Nocito
Stylist: Julia Ehrlich
Hair: Chanel Croker
Makeup: Natasha Severino
Cast: Grimes

k1txNKlJ_t.jpg

CR Fashion Book Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads