truly one of her best tracks
my fav is still My sister says the saddest things

the problem i have with her
is she has yet to learn when to hold back
to edit herself
some tracks can be cringe worthy
some sounds can be disturbing

saw her in NYC last year, she had some audio problems
but poor girl, was doing too much at once.
a one girl show indeed
very talented.

obvious singles from the new album
Nightmusic, oblivion, genesis

but yes, check out Beast Infection if you havent yet
and if you have some extra time

this track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtrOs-okKrE

Apparat - ash/black veil
they just started their tour
this track, live :heart::heart::heart:

I'm surprised how people are disliking her & writing negative things in the youtube comments

Last edited by a moderator:
srdjan,what's the full url for the vid? it doesn't show up and when i went to edit,it was half of the link.

is anybody else in love nightmusic? it's like a nice mash-up of felt mountain era goldfrapp and the current uppity direction of royksopp.

Yes LOVE the song, but not the video... I have a problem with the frame rate of the slowmo parts in the forests. Against the beautiful sci-fi parts, it looked cheap.

@Scott It was Nightmusic (official video)

i have to agree with you la bordelique....to be honest,when i first saw it my first impression was that it looked like every other contrived attempt to be artsy by commercial performers.

srdjan,as to your comment about the opinions.....sadly,that's what happens when you put stuff like this on that needless vevo format.....you get these fans who are so immune to the homogenised pop-tart standard. and of course so many are insulting the way she sings more than anything....like the whole point of music is to understand lyrics....like silly puppets on a string. and i'm sure none of these people have ever heard of elizabeth fraser or listened to goldfrapp pre-supernature.

I can't even finish watching that, what the hell :lol:.. it's so awkward and contrived.. what a shame as it's one of my favorite songs, but I don't think I like most of her videos anyway.. she seems to have difficulty translating her sound to visuals.

I think I *might* be seeing her next month at some free festival in Pasadena.. kind of excited about that. :heart:

she seems to have difficulty translating her sound to visuals.
Exactly. And also with translating it to live performances. I find her music deep & dreamy, so when I listen to it, I usually have something in my imagination that, of course, isn't in the video. And I don't mind.
And when it comes to live, I also don't find Grimes as somebody who can make the magic while performing (whether it's making that magic I feel while listening to the audios or the atmosphere a singer makes at a concert, when everybody's singing). But I guess she has to earn some money too :smile:

I think I *might* be seeing her next month at some free festival in Pasadena.. kind of excited about that. :heart:

Make Music festival? I'm going to that too! :D

Grimes is my latest musical obsession. A couple of friends recommended I give her a listen and I instantly fell in love. Truly exquisite music. I feel like I'm walking through a forest... in space. :heart:

^ did you see her performance yesterday??
Such a good show... 5-song show anyway but still.. her voice is amazing live, and I thought it was hilarious how all the guys in the crowd were totally smitten by Claire while the girls want to be Claire :lol: ... I wish things hadn't gotten tense so she could've at least played another song.
Hoping to see a full set in October :heart:

Thats the most f**ked up video I´ve ever seen. Great photography through.

I'm now craving blond extensions. The Grimes complex getting to me too. :lol:

Still hoping to see her in October.. the XX are playing on the same date and apparently it's a no brainer. I hope to find someone that does prefer to see Grimes instead. :doh:

I have to agree about her having difficulties translating it all to visuals, i find most of her videos contrieved and awkward too,that said, i quite like the last one posted (genesis). Its weird enough for me to kind of like it :smile:

I'm now craving blond extensions. The Grimes complex getting to me too. :lol:

Still hoping to see her in October.. the XX are playing on the same date and apparently it's a no brainer. I hope to find someone that does prefer to see Grimes instead. :doh:

I'm somehow wanting that icy blonde hair color :lol:
Was I the only one getting a Sailor Moon vibe from her look in her latest music video?

Oh, that sucks they're both playing on the same day, but likewise, I'd rather opt for Grimes than the XX. I'm now furiously debating whether or not to attend her concert in Oct. :unsure:

I've already seen the XX and Grimes live, and while I prefer the XX (musicwise), it's something I prefer listening to in my room with headphones. If I wanted to go see a show with friends between the two, I'd choose Grimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LolaC888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->