Gucci Cruise 2025 London

Best thing was seeing SDS walking super proud like if he had just shown an incredible collection 🤣

Omg, it’s insane, he has zero level, zero vision, zero everything. He must be one of the worst designers ever at a big house.
Ikr 😂 He still can’t believe he managed to land one of the biggest roles in high fashion and is just happy to be there

Pre-collections are always more commercially friendly but still kind of crazy to see how purely merchandising-driven it was, with absolutely zero substance or creative point of view. Gucci seems like one of these brands that's waiting for a Creative Director and meanwhile we're experiencing collections "by the studio".

When it started, I thought it was going to go the Celine route, then nothing, then some weird Chloé hints. Everything and nothing but Gucci.

Side note but... Watches "All of Us Strangers" once and we get "The Power of Love" as closing song and Paul Mescal and Andrew Scott in the front row...

Also I shouldn't say that but that botox'd forehead and this dumb bright ceramic white smile... I can't stand him :ninjas:.

He is so Valentino coded : merch merch and more merch. Nothing cohesive, could have been Gucci Londra Gucci Lyon Gucci Sydney.

There is no personality, nothing forward, no twist, no mistake. Everything is so clean, so devoid of life. Some looks were straight up from MGC trash bin even.

The setting screams "we don’t have budget, we save as much as we can".

We are all tired…. One of the worst designers that emerged the last 10 years easily.

Last edited:
I really want to see what he pitches to the Pinaults. What is his vision because this is not it. It’s just so bland. And if you say it’s merch driven not of it even look desirable. The key bags doesn’t even look new or exciting.

From a sales perspective you can see the retail appeal. It’s not interesting creatively but these garments are wearable and will sell. I think the hype they tried to drum up about London and the Tate was totally flat. Did not convey anything London or take advantage of the art adjacent angle that the Tate venue provides. It’s just generally bland but that’s what Gucci is now. Also, side-note but Sabato is kinda cringe. Lacking charisma. Seems to be lost in a vacuum of sycohphants who praise it all without scrutiny. The whole ‘love, hope, magic, dream’ schtick is wearing thin. It’s like getting stoned with a girl who needs to tell you about her Aries rising. Just get on with it and make something good with all the incredible resources you have at your disposal. Doesn’t even have to fashion tbh. Make a film. A good campaign that isn’t shot by Anthony Sekaloui (who everyone who works in fashion knows is the most cringe dude ever). It could be a lot better than it is.

He's such a sad clown! I'm not sure what's worse, the soundtrack (I wonder if SdS will tell us that it wasn't about the lyrics again), him being proud of the show (as if if there had been anything to be proud of), or the clothes. The collection is an odd mix of popular designers, but everything is so obvious, cold, and pointless. Just like this whole new Gucci, it's been extremely flat and nobody really cares about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aytac523
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->