1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

Gucci's Mexico City store
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif
(MEXICO CITY)
Gucci made its first retail foray into Mexico Wednesday with a party hosted by company CEO Mark Lee to celebrate its new retail location on the historic Presidente Mazaryk Street in Mexico City. The freestanding, two-story, 4,844-sq.-ft. store carries the complete Gucci collection of men’s and women’s ready-to-wear, accessories, small leather goods, shoes, and jewelry, and boasts large storefront windows and a double-height handbag room with glass ceiling. The VIP Salon and suite, one of the store’s distinctive features, is located on the second floor where customers can lounge while being served in privacy. In an effort to further compliment the Mexico City shopping culture, a parking area has been specifically constructed and exists along the entirety of the storefront. As part of the occasion, Gucci also announced a unique partnership with Ambulante Gira de Documentales. To commemorate the opening of the new store, Gucci, as part of its ongoing commitment to film, has partnered with Ambulante to establish the Gucci-Ambulante 2007 Grant to fund the completion of two top level documentary films in Mexico that will premiere in 2008.

from fashionweekdaily.com:flower:

oh my.. this is wonderful!, I just finished with my annual round of Ambulante documentaries on thursday and I was thinking that it's such a shame the political and economical censorship on such gems... they already have good sponsors but Gucci will make a huge difference, I hope it goes international one day. :heart:

OMG!!! it's just surreal, i also live in Mexico and besides my love for fashion i'm also very interested in films, It's great that the industry receive thiskind of support. Can't wait for my next visit to Masaryk!! don't know what Salma has to do with this, Ambulante belongs to Diego Luna and Gael García, i'm not even sure if she ever learned how to read.

i am completely out of the loop....what is ambulante exactly? a film organisation,yes?

I think it's all a ploy to get Gael Garcia wearing the GG logo.

*turns to Mulder...*

Scott, it's an annual travelling documentary festival organised and selected by Gael Garcia and Diego Luna.. it shows in different cities across Mexico.. most of these documentaries have either been censored by their respective governments or are just economically limited.. they got some good sponsors this year (xbox and american express among them) which made it possible to reach 15 cities but still, it's very little when you compare it to regular movies..
the selection this year had a lot of Lithuanian cinema.. as well as Cuban, Dutch, Brazilian, British.. and some others.. mostly Mexican films since Mexico produces more documentaries than movies..

MulletProof said:
Scott, it's an annual travelling documentary festival organised and selected by Gael Garcia and Diego Luna.. it shows in different cities across Mexico.. most of these documentaries have either been censored by their respective governments or are just economically limited.. they got some good sponsors this year (xbox and american express among them) which made it possible to reach 15 cities but still, it's very little when you compare it to regular movies..
the selection this year had a lot of Lithuanian cinema.. as well as Cuban, Dutch, Brazilian, British.. and some others.. mostly Mexican films since Mexico produces more documentaries than movies..

i'm intrigued

are any of these documentaries availabe on dvd?
if so.. could you recommend a few titles?

^^^
i'd like to know the titles of documentaries as well...

~tia!~

RedGloves said:
i'm intrigued

are any of these documentaries availabe on dvd?
if so.. could you recommend a few titles?
I don't know.. I havent found any of them here but I'm pretty sure American films like An inconvenient truth or Jesus Camp (part of the selection) are not so hard to come by.. maybe. :ninja:

you can see the entire program here.

I only watched 7 films this past week.. the role of a lifetime (lithuania), soy cuba 0 mamut siberiano (cuba?).. bajo juarez (mexico), control room (us-egypt), looking for fidel (us?), mexico la revolución congelada (ar), star spangled to death (us) and black gold (UK?).. they're all highly interesting.. especially black gold.. which is about the production of coffee in Africa.. la revolucion congelada is quite fascinating as well.. it's a film about the mexican guerrilla in the 1970s, it was shot by argentinian director raymundo gleyzer.. the documentary didn't see the light back then since he was kidnapped and disappeared by the argentinian dictatorship.. his wife kept the film throughout the years and it's finally being presented now..
star spangled to death is pretty good too.. the man is clearly upset with the government. :o :P . but it should be shown in schools. :magic:

no, they kicked off in Mexico City around February (if not late january).. they must be in Cancun right now.. next and final stop is Tuxtla. -_-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->