Gucci Pre-Fall 2018 by Glen Luchford

What are they protesting? Solids vs Stripes? Flats vs Stilettos?

I agree that social protest is nothing that is in a direct relationship to the product Gucci is selling. One can say, it's rather the opposite. But isn't that the case with many advertisings?
I think what they are about here is the feeling of rebellion against the norm and the feeling that you get when you are in a strong group of common mindset. And that is certainly something that a Gucci customer can relate to.
Could they have chosen a different way? Certainly. But in my opinion it's not sacrosanct to use any form of social protest for an advertising purpose and it's been done badly many times before but here I think you can clearly see which protest it is and the atmosphere is captured really well. I like to watch it.

Agree with most other posters.

There's nothing glamorous about protest. It usually involves people feeling their rights (or even their lives) are being taken away.

This leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Beautifully shot, as usual. But glorifying protest simply to sell luxury fashion seems very... tasteless to me.

Fashion can (and does) do whatever it wants, but people get also get to state their opinions about those choices which everyone has done here very respectfully. Gucci didn't create this in a vacuum, I'm sure they can handle a couple of very measured critiques.

Agree with this, too. On top of that, WE are the consumer. We can choose whether we like something/want to buy it or not.

I did a little research, it's Marland Backus after a major hair transformation.

it is fun like there were rich guys protesting for nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerald30393
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->