Gucci - The Campaign Archive

I think this ad is hilarious.... it caught most of our attention. Exactly what gucci wants, either a smart or ridiculous move.

I loved the ad, very daring and extravagant.
Too bad it was against the rules in most countries :wink:

spiralball.gif
spiralball.gif

Hypnotized just like the lad himself. Good airbrushed advertising, from the crystal ball that sees just what we could be doing when wearing and carrying logos just is not enough.

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 3:44 pm
spiralball.gif
spiralball.gif

Hypnotized just like the lad himself. Good airbrushed advertising, from the crystal ball that sees just what we could be doing when wearing and carrying logos just is not enough.
LOVE IT !!! :heart:

RIGHT ON , BABY !!! B)

KIT :innocent:

Originally posted by BrothaG@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 9:43 pm
Really? What countries?

Originally posted by Episternum@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 3:10 pm
I think it's funny. It ran in V magazine and I cut it out and framed it because it makes me laugh.
Yeah, I have that issue. It was funny because the magazine is so huge so the ad was poster size. :lol:

I loved this ad. From a marketing perspective its pure genius along with being pure naughty fun :P

tott
Japan...from what I remember, it's illegal to show pubic hair there

Originally posted by Sugo@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 9:14 pm
tott
Japan...from what I remember, it's illegal to show pubic hair there
Hmm...that's kinda strange...only in advertising or everywhere?...

Originally posted by tott+Jan 23rd, 2004 - 5:14 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tott @ Jan 23rd, 2004 - 5:14 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-BrothaG@Jan 23rd, 2004 - 9:43 pm
Really? What countries? [/b][/quote]
I'm not sure in which countries, but this was in an article:

John Beyer, director of Mediawatchuk, called for an immediate ban of the image;

"The companies involved clearly release these kind of pictures to create as much publicity as possible, but it's a thoroughly unpleasant and irresponsible tactic. We can't simply ignore them.

Imagery showing young women in this way is extremely harmful to society, and should not be appearing in mainstream magazines.

The ASA has a duty to ensure that advertisements are decent, and this clearly isn't. It's deeply offensive and should be banned immediately."

I've heard that these kind of pictures are legal in Germany, though! :P

I hate it! :angry: To me it is about branding women, owning them and marking their territory. Disguuuuuusting! :yuk:

I guess it could be offensive - but if you take everything about gucci with a pinch of salt then it can be funny :P

For those in the UK , here -

Remember the takeoff or skit on Tom Ford's ' recreation ' of YSL's ' OPIUM ' , with the naked Sophie Dahl ? The ad was for NEWKIE BROWN ( a UK beer ) , with the fair haired chap in the boiler suit , lying back , clutching a bottle , looking as if he'd had ' a good seeing - to ' ! :P

Could someone here come up with a suitable skit on this GUCCI ad ? :o

Could be an interesting exercise ! :wink:

KIT :innocent:

A large, rotund hairy 'heman' with a 'g' for Ginsters cut into his pubic hair being ogled by a slim, lovely thing?

I think Hana's very beautiful (although i dont like her that much) but she looks quite weird when she smiles! Really! I'm from the Czech republic like her, even have the same name, but i still dont like her. It's true she's very successful but i'd prefer Tiiu to get the Gucci campaign. Hana's 1986, i think Tiiu is younger. Hana seems to get on weight, because about 3 years ago when she won some model competition organised by her agency she looked like an anorectic. Really.

Originally posted by Hana_cz@Jan 27th, 2004 - 1:53 pm
I think Hana's very beautiful (although i dont like her that much) but she looks quite weird when she smiles! Really! I'm from the Czech republic like her, even have the same name, but i still dont like her. It's true she's very successful but i'd prefer Tiiu to get the Gucci campaign. Hana's 1986, i think Tiiu is younger. Hana seems to get on weight, because about 3 years ago when she won some model competition organised by her agency she looked like an anorectic. Really.
hana was thinner than now?????? how is that possible????

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->