guys and nail polish

modelbehavior228

Reaction score
I am a guy and I wear clear nail polish because my nails are very brittle. Even thoughI keep them very short, they will still break really easily. It starts to hurt after a while if all your nails are cracked, don't ya know it? If i was straight, I would probably still wear it, yeah, my nails are that bad. What do you all think about guys wearing it. Wierd? kinda? or not? I am thinking about doing them black for holloween.

Well, give opinions NOW!

Clear nail polish or no nail polish.. same difference to me
I do think that colored nail polish on guys is hmm.. distinctive ?
If you're having so much trouble with your nails maybe you should take some extra vitamins ( zinc, silica/silicum, vitamin b's ) :flower:

believe me, I have tried vitamins before. i just got my mom's crappy nails. And yeah, clear works cause when I whack something, the polish chips and not my nail.

I like "rock star" kinds of nail polish; black, grey, blue, metallic tones mostly. I would wear it more often except that one, it takes a lot of time that I usually don't have, and two, it seems to damage my nails; after taking it off, my nails seem soft and sometimes develop weird cracks or faults in them.

I think a lot of people do think it's weird. Some straight men will assume you are flamboyantly gay and/or a transvestite, and that you are seeking attention for it, and some women will think you are a bad boy (which I don't mind :innocent: :wink:)

Just curious, have you ever asked a medical professional if there is anything in your environment or diet that could affect your nail condition?

Black nails for Halloween? Anyone can do that. Black nails every day? That's stylin'! :D

I have a clear polish.

Ive been toying with the idea of black nails, that satin Chanel polish is what got me thinking.

i ummm... don't like nail polish on guys, but that's a personal preferance :smile:

I´ve got black nail polish and a clear one with metallic blue glitter! :D
Very rarely use either, though.

I feel quite like a bad boy with dark eyeshadow and black nail polish. :smile:
I´ve gotten a few looks, and nothing but positive comments. :smile:

I personally hate nail polish on guys. Especially black. It's just all a little too emo for me lol

When done right, it can look cool....but yeah, the chipped black polish is very emo. I suppose that's a not a bad thing....just a bit of a trendy thing... I see loadsa guys in London with chipped black nail polish, chipped in exactly the same way as their girlfriends. I wonder how much time they spend chipping away at their nailpolish.... :lol:

Clear nail polish looks exactly the same as nicely buffed nails, so I wouldn't think anything of that. On the right guy, colored nail polish can be a very cool statement. He needs to have that rocker/bad boy vibe.

I hate black nail polish on guys :smile:
Clear? I don't think it makes a difference, really. In looks, that is.
Any other colour... well, if I was a straight guy, I definitely wouldn't do it. But whatever floats your boat.

Dark nail polish on men is about on the same level as eyeliner on me... to me... a select few can pull it off...

As for clear polish... I imagine it's pretty hard to notice...

it may help if you file your nails instead of cutting them. it helps when my nails peel.

I treated my boyfriend to a manicure where he had his nails painted black. While window shopping, all the salesgirls went ga ga over him! They loved his nails and were all guessing if it was "Chanel Black" or not...

I think natural well groomed nails on men are nice. I don't really go for any nail polish on men. It just screams young rocker guy to me, not that there is anything wrong with that but I guess it all depends on what image you are trying to project there.

Clear or color for men

I had my nails cleaned and filed. I added a buff cream to make them well groomed. I added clear and my wife didnt like it. The cream she is ok with it since it isnt shiny. I sometimes add my own polish. Clear, white, silver, or pearl, or a light clear pink to look natural. Mostly on a pedicure. Hands only once or twice. Clear and or buff cream for manicure.

I am straight but I like this for me.

I am straight but I like this for me.

I have actually never heard of a guy applying nail polish.

I have a friend that plays classic guitar and he says the strings are a lot different than on an acoustic guitar, so he protects his nails by applying a clear coat.

more power to you, I guess. It seems like a musician-y thing to do, to say the least, but I'm a girl and I don't like nail-polish. All sorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjidiakez
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->