French or American Manicure ?

the nail bed is supposed to appear longer...hence giving the illusion of a longer, more slender finger :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh neither, they're both tacky to me. Most people that I know here in Seattle do the French or American manicure-it is very rare that I see somebody who has an all-over colour on their nails, aside from a red or the occasional nude. Then you have me...who has an obsession with Essie's Aruba Blue and OPI's Lemonade Stand by Your Man.

i had no clue it was called american..i assumed it was french.
for american nails in history i liked the 50s and earlier curved nails with polish and the 70s long natural nails with or without polish the most. or short nails with polish.

i dont get the obsession with certain french tips mostly the razor sharp edges on the long versions where it looks as though you will hurt yourself and has no color polish on it. it seems pinup models love this look still.

i dont get the diffrence between american and french manicure. honestly i did the french thing for quite some time, but never ever with fake nails.

i always had long nails, well not that long just long enough, and they always gre thick and nice but i got over them and started to do a solid color with shorter nails, then i entered fashion school and longer than just above the tip of my finger are a pain to work with.

i dont think ill go back to do french anytime soon, because the fakeness of nails around me right now is insane, not to mention the horrendous applications and glitter, rhinestones and whatnot they put on these days. i want to get away from that as much as i can.

i specially love bright bold colors like midnight blue, black and red
Veracruz3 003.jpg

and what about these? i dont think they can be called either french nor american lol
unas.jpg
mitiendafavorita

^ekk no :lol: I don't 'get' those embellished nails at all..

oh the atrocities ive seen. spiral nails, pierced nails, filshbowl tank nails with a tiny fish in there floating around, but the worst sure is the ones that has a litte toy in them is like a crystal ball attached and it moves...its horrible

I personally love natural french manicures, I've never had acrylic or gel nails before. I also don't understand the obsession with those embellished nails..I think they're too long for functionable use of your hands and I think I'd be more annoyed than anything else that I couldn't open a can of pop without breaking it !

I read somewhere yesterday that Beyonce puts images of Jay-Z on her nails as decals so that he'd always be with her or something cheesy like that. hahah

Wow, never heard of american manicure before in my life until now. lol
I too, think that french & american manicures look cheap. I'm guess they look cheap because they are so common? Yes, I think they are pretty but it gets boring after awhile, in my opinion. :blush: Personally, I just like to have a gloss coat or a dark colour like a deep purple clack or navy blue etc ^_^

If I had to have either a french or an american manicure I'd go american. :rolleyes:

This just makes me cringe:

french-manicure-2.jpg

whatwouldjackiedo.wordpress.com

^ That is frightening too long! How can you wear them, wouldn't your hands be non-functionable? and what is the beauty about them? :huh:

any nails, french/american or not, would look horrible that length.

I hadn't heard of the American one until now. I like neither, but if forced to choose, I would vote for the American one.

I like some of the nail art (sponge art, decals, stamping), though I would never have my nails as long as the ones that were posted. Long, yes, but not that long. I also wouldn't go as far as to stick on gemstones and three-dimensional flowers.

Can you imagine going about your normal life with structures like these glued to your excessively long talons?

_44451876_fingernails_220_ap.jpg

news.bbc.co.uk

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nymphfable
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->