Guys Influence on your style

Reaction score
hey peps! my style is a bit mix and match as i wear different things depending on how i feel but a bit of my style is influenced by guys style and the way they dress..inparticular many rock musicians with ther tight jeans shirts and blazers..and was wondering if anyone else is influnced by how men dress..and if so cud upload piccies! sorry if it sounds strange but im was just wondering if anybody else out therfeels influenced by the male species too!!:P

Definitely, that boy-meets gril look has almost been around perpetally! You could find myriad on the streets, I am definitely influenced.

For me, it is more of an androgynous mix. I like to wear dress pants/trousers, I have short short hair, converse sneakers, riding boots, boyfriend jeans, foulard, and off course seldom rocker hipster look...
For s/s 07, planning the perfect white shirt, laced-up jazz shoes, and those cropped trouser that is below the knee lenghth, and tapers below the knees, which men wear before 1930 with tights (YKWIM?); I might even wear texudo if I can find one affordable yet suits me. Do not forget suspenders :lol:

i think this style is cool/hot for a girl:P
i had a classmate who had girl hair (like irina lazareanu's previous style) but she always wore slim jackets with striped shirts and slim pants
and i have another classmate now who has hair like bjork's but she wears a tough biker jacket and lots of rugged black garments

why_fashion
what is YKWIM

I am! :wub:
following menswear shows has definitely turned me into a big lover of very sharp cuts, darker colours and heavy materials.. they are all also featured in womenswear shows but I feel like they do it better for men's.. it's stronger and a little more refined IMO. :blush:

BRUNO PIETERS HOMME S/S 07 :heart:
brunoqa8.jpg

DIOR HOMME SS05
diorhomme3.jpg

Rodeo Magazine editorial, styled by Ellen Af Geijerstam. :heart:
ellen6.jpg

ellen8.jpg

ellen9.jpg

[brunopieters.com/lundlund/carlottamanaigo.com]

I'm not so much of a fan of androgynous style, but I think many men's clothes are better quality and cut ... it seems that it is easier to look good and have clothes that fit perfectly when you are a guy. With women's clothes it tends to be too trend/sex - orientated when men's clothes seem to be more about quality, wearability and class. I love the way elegant men dress as much as I like elegant women. Tuxedos are inspiring ... there's an Armani tuxedo which I lust after at a department store near me. Men's fashion is definetily more inspiring to me, it is not as loud and over-the-top as women's.

yeha im the same as u why_fashion as i love teaming say dresses with a sharp blazer or il wear rugged jeans with converse but a girly top..i love mixing it up!! the many men who influence my style are grant nicholas from feeder, dave grohl from the foos, john mayer and mcfly have quite good fashion sense...also love wearing shirts with tight jeans and converse...love this look!

I have to admit that I didn't wear Chuck Taylors before I discovered the Strokes, so I do get influenced a lot by male musicians... other examples: Jimi Hendrix, Adam Ant (as a pirate/warrior), Pete Doherty. The scarves, the skinny jeans, suspenders, the military jackets. I'll always mix these particular items with basics so that my outfit won't look too theatrical. Somedays, I'll steal some oversized sweaters from my dad's wardrobe or borrow my brother's rock t-shirts. From time to time, it's fun to play comme un garçon.

i wish i was a boy so that i could wear dior homme. i wouldnt say i dress very androgenously but im not terribly girly either.

gius

You Know What I Mean :lol:
sorry, that is the comtemporay language :lol:

Mulletproof

Very nice pictures!

Uniquestylequuen

You will find this site exciting:

http://www.hel-looks.com/

They have some punk-ish, rocker-ish style if you flip a few pages back.

Last edited by a moderator:
definitely i am influenced by guys style. i take inspiration from their casual daywear - for example i own a few american apparell t shirts (that were made for males) i wear them and love how casual they are ^_^
growing up listening to the strokes etc i loved how the guys in bands dressed - especially the skinny jeans, jackets, blazers, trousers (like La bordelique mentioned :wink: )
i love dior homme but i should probably broaden my male-brand horizons..

i think that this stage of Bob Dylan's style is inspiring

awh i love bob dylan.... awh . he looks so lovely there.

mmh maybe i wish i had the money for dior homme then .. i dont know how to describe my style though its not very femenine

Right now, the biggest influence on my style are the boys in my school, and they are fabulous. :wink:

Great thread.
Mullet, Gorgeous.! :heart: :woot:
also the Bob Dylan pic is amazing as well. !

I'm definately beginning to get more and more inspired by mens clothe. I used to dress much more feminine than now. I think getting older, (I can't believe I'm saying this, I'm not old :P) has made me dress more masculinish. Though, I still wear skirts and dresses but the cut is more clean and not as 'romantic' and girlish as it once was.

Wow...this is completely opposite of me. Men's clothing is so...drab. I can see the whole androgynous appealing to a lot of people. But that is seriously the only real fashion thing going on in menswear.

Well, if I'm being absolutely honest, I have to admit that Mr. Nick Valensi is quite the style icon (at least to me). So is Johnny Borrell. And a few other 'rockers' as well. So yes, I can definitely relate to being inspired by male rock musicians!

And those Bruno Pieters pictures are awesome!

I've always liked the British schoolboy uniform. I might take bits and pieces from it and give it my own twist. For example, I'll wear a grey flannel boy's jacket, shrunken, or perhaps a striped scarf. And the knee socks, leather satchel, oxfords. Not all at once, though! For me, it's more about inspiration than a direct translation.

uni3.jpg

[http://www.archivist.f2s.com/bsu/Traditional/gallery.htm]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->