Gwen Stefani sues Forever 21

Forever 21 seems to have the most ugly clothes in the world....

Does the LAMB she once previewed during Fashion Week exist or she just has the cheaps bags line?

Clearing up all the rumors... L.A.M.B still exists and is still sold at high end boutiques around the US as well as Saks and Nordstrom, and is known to sell fairly well. There was a L.A.M.B fashion show in spring 2006 and another is scheduled for NY fashion week this fall. Zaldy left L.A.M.B a while ago, Gwen and her stylist Andrea Lieberman are the head designers.

Also, Harajuku Lovers is the brand forever 21 ripped off, not L.A.M.B, they're separate projects and lines. Harajuku Lovers is the cheaper line and doesn't sell nearly as well as L.A.M.B does. I totally sound like a lamb spokesperson or something, I'm not, I promise. :D

It's about time forever21 got sued, but that bag is ugly, the shirt is ugly... if forever21 is going to blatantly rip off other people's designs they should at least rip off of brands people actually buy and like.

I read that there are lots of law suits against Forever 21 for stealing from other designers. New fashion trend? The Law Suit for a little publicity?

FASHION INFRINGEMENT By Lauren Whitfield

Unoriginal material is the new black. But the music world isn’t the only one plagued with copyright problems. The problem is also rampant within the fashion industry.

Recently, singer Gwen Stefani announced she was suing Forever 21 for copyright infringement. And it isn’t their first run-in with angry designers. Between 2001 and January 2007, Forever 21 had been sued on six separate accounts of the same claim.

In March of this year, Diane Von Furstenberg sued the retail chain for copying two of her dresses. In fact, the chain has become so well known for copying the looks of designers that those in the know can easily spot the stores designer rip-offs.

Looks from DVF, Anna Sui, Jonathon Saunders, Marc Jacobs, Oscar de la Renta, Chanel and Vena Cava have all been sold in the store.

It is easy to understand why designers are up in arms about their hard work being knocked off and sold to the masses. If people can buy a dress for $22.00, why pay $200?

Those were my exact thoughts as I picked up a spitting image Marc Jacobs dress at Forever 21 this past weekend. I had been lusting over the perfect Summer-ness of the Maddy Plaid Cover-up dress for a few months. And to find an exact replica for much less than the original… if I didn’t buy it, someone else would.

It’s no surprise that last year Diane herself along with designer Zac Posen spearheaded a bill to get copyright to cover the looks of designers. Of course, nothing came of the bill.

Which is why I have the Forever 21 version of my latest MJ obsession sitting in my closet.

chronicmagazine.com

not so suprising at all...i go to forever 21 everynow and then but their patterns are just too much...there is always something wrong with their clothing it is either too much or too little plus the quality is not good. I've seen some girls wearing forever 21 outfits and it can look really outdone and too trendy to the point where it looks bad? does that even make sense? i dont know i rather buy the original for a better quality.

It’s no surprise that last year Diane herself along with designer Zac Posen spearheaded a bill to get copyright to cover the looks of designers. Of course, nothing came of the bill.

Which is why I have the Forever 21 version of my latest MJ obsession sitting in my closet.
The author makes a good point... it's probably more tempting when you actually like the original...

As with most of Forever 21's designer selections, there are Marc Jacobs clothes I've liked, but this doesn't happen consistently. If they started reproducing Comme des Garcons and Hussein Chalayan (which I'm pretty sure they haven't, though please share this with me otherwise, as I haven't browsed their site in ages), then let's not say where my last paycheck would go. Although it's my theory that copying a DVF dress which is mostly pattern must be easier than successfully (appealingly) reproducing avant garde innovations in technique... I wouldn't put intrinsic copyright security past clothes that I can't figure out how to get over my head or fasten sometimes. When the armholes and neckline are the same diameter and the entire thing's asymmetrical, well, don't laugh...

I'd probably hate myself after examining the quality, anyway. If not for saying this...

Stefani has a lot of nerve to sue to knockoffs when her L.A.M.B shoes are carbon copies of Vivienne Westwood, her logo is a knockoff of Gucci, and her bags knockoff YSL.

yes forever21 knocks off, but they aren't taking customers from her and im sure if we blew up the prints, there would be enough differences that they were legally not the same

One looks cheap and the other looks cheap AND sells cheap. I think I'm on Forever 21's side.

I don't think DVF's arguement is really there. You can't really copyright and trademark a silhouette. Gwen on the other hand....I smell a huge lawsuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->