Gwyneth's review of London Fashion

roppal222

Reaction score
Gwyneth Paltrow loves London fashion

The Oscar winning actress commented on the individual style of Londoners which varies according to individual postcodes.

She said: "In Chelsea it's very designer, and within that, you'll have the more horsey, traditional English girl- that posh kind of dressing.

"In east London you have the funkiest styles, where they'll bring back the eighties and stuff like that. You'll see a forward kind of fashion there.

"In Notting Hill, its Sienna Miller style Bohemian chic, and in North London a mix of all of the above."

Paltrow seems to have had a change of heart about life in the capital. She once slated the UK for its bad food and cold climate. She lives in London with her husband Coldplay star Chris Martin and is pregnant with his second child.

femalefirst.co.uk

I get a little weary when she talks about other people's style, especially since she accuses everyone that wears a sweater, skirt and boots of copying her.

FrockRadar8 said:
I get a little weary when she talks about other people's style, especially since she accuses everyone that wears a sweater, skirt and boots of copying her.

LOL!! So bloody true that! I never got why people raved on about her 'style' in the past....:unsure:

Gwyneth's style

I personally don't know what she's complaining about... just because other people copy her does not mean they look half as beautiful as she does, cause they don't.

That's part of the interview she gave to Allure this month. I read it, and she wanted to say that London is fun because it's eclectic (sp?)

Funny how it sounds snobby when it gets taken out of context... :flower:

roppal222 said:
LOL!! So bloody true that! I never got why people raved on about her 'style' in the past....:unsure:
I remember everyone going crazy over that pink Ralph Lauren dress...Umm...that matronly frock in that godawful color? Please, she's never worn anything earth shattering.

DreamsAreMade said:
She actually said that? :lol:

Pulled straight out of 2002 Vogue issue from GwynethPaltrowfan.com

mail

ChanelAddicted said:
That's part of the interview she gave to Allure this month. I read it, and she wanted to say that London is fun because it's eclectic (sp?)

Funny how it sounds snobby when it gets taken out of context... :flower:

Gwyn has a track record of snobbiness so can't blame people for getting paranoid. I see she's bemoaning the press again for invading her precious privacy so why is she still using the media to take pops at Brad and Jennifer as well as promote what little career she has left???

She was positively viscious about the press when they reporteed her OWN MOTHER'S words of her rumoured preganancy and now after the whole saga, she admits she was pregnant! (Let's not forget her friend organised the 'pap shots' of her going to clinic with Martin when carrying Apple)

She's a strange woman who disappeared up her own colon many many years ago. I say the press should boycott her.

i never understood that..On one hand she's like "oh no don't take pictures of my baby!" then she's parading that kid around and telling the world details about her labor, birth etc...
Then she's like "oh no don't talk about my husband!!" but then she leaks it to everyone that he wrote some song about her cup size increase in a song..
She just "accidently" walks out baring her back with the cupping marks on her back.
can we say fame wh*re?
Despite that, sometimes, rather rarely, her clothing choice seems to interest me, especially when i find similarities with my taste...but her personality is just yuck.

FrockRadar8 said:
i never understood that..On one hand she's like "oh no don't take pictures of my baby!" then she's parading that kid around and telling the world details about her labor, birth etc...
Then she's like "oh no don't talk about my husband!!" but then she leaks it to everyone that he wrote some song about her cup size increase in a song..
She just "accidently" walks out baring her back with the cupping marks on her back.
can we say fame wh*re?
Despite that, sometimes, rather rarely, her clothing choice seems to interest me, especially when i find similarities with my taste...but her personality is just yuck.

Her style is ok....but nothing to write home about. I know many people, esp in the UK, who wear what she does so she shouldn't claim originality....One could even argue that she's just a poster girl for Ralph Lauren.

Y'know if the press stopped reporting on her the woman would shrivel up. She's your classic Hollywood rich spoilt princess who never grew up .....thinks everything should go her way and if it doesn't, it's tantrums galore.

I seriously think she has problems. :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
eternitygoddess said:
Wait, she's PREGNANT again?
Yeah...hahahahaa....I was just asking the same thing...she's preggo again????:lol:

she seems so boring in all her interviews and her style is too safe. Hopefully her new stylist will give her some more edge coz right now whenever i think of her im like *yawwwnn*..zzz

equinox said:
Yeah...hahahahaa....I was just asking the same thing...she's preggo again????:lol:

i didn't know she was pregnant again either... i'm so late.

Well...staying ON topic....I think she has got the London style roughly right. There are those North South East West divisions. Sounds like a pretty accurate appraisal to me. Is it snobby?

I dunno...sounds like something every fashionable Londoner would say.

Have to agree with most of the Gwennie assessments.. I thought she was the new Grace Kelly in her eariler days, beautiful, smart, classy- but she seems like a different person these days...Maybe a pack of Marlboros and a wild weekend in a cheap motel with Lenny Kravitz would loosen her up again...:brows:

Boomer said:
Have to agree with most of the Gwennie assessments.. I thought she was the new Grace Kelly in her eariler days, beautiful, smart, classy- but she seems like a different person these days...Maybe a pack of Marlboros and a wild weekend in a cheap motel with Lenny Kravitz would loosen her up again...:brows:

LOL!!!!!!!

^Well...here she's still associated with the whole boho thing. And she is def. in the Notting Hill crowd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Costantini70
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->