H&M Beachwear Line dedicated to Kylie Minogue

retrogurl

Reaction score
1a619be6.jpg

Photographer: Sölve Sundsbo

32e67e86.jpg

Photographer: Leanne Woolrich

This season's beach wear line from H&M - dedicated to style icon Kylie Minogue H&M's theme this summer is Australia a relaxed, sporty, beach-life feel mixed with the glam look and lots of shiny metallic. H&M pays tribute to sparkling pop princess and style icon, Kylie Minogue by designing a limited line of bohemian-chic beachwear with Kylie as a muse. Kylie is also the face of the upcoming beachwear campaign.

The "H&M loves Kylie" line is part of H&M's main swimwear range and contains fifteen styles which will be in all H&M stores that sell womenswear in mid May.

"When we think Australia and glamour we think Kylie, who is such a stylish person," says H&M's head of design Margareta van den Bosch.
"It has been a great experience to work with H&M on creating this summer range.

To me it is all about summer indulgence, effortless chic and lots of fun!" says Kylie Minogue. 10 percent of all money spent on this beachwear line will be donated to WaterAid. The international charity WaterAid is dedicated to the provision of safe domestic water, sanitation and hygiene education to the world's poorest people.

"WaterAid has a long and valued relationship with H&M and is delighted to be involved with the `H&M loves Kylie' line. The money raised from this will make a tremendous difference to the lives of people in the countries where we work, every £15 raised enables one person to receive a sustainable supply of clean water, adequate sanitation and basic hygiene education," says Barbara Frost Chief Executive of WaterAid.

An internationally renowned recording artist whose effervescence and lust for life has inspired a generation of women; Kylie has amassed over forty hit singles globally and seven number ones in the UK. Add her successful touring record and acting career into the mix and it's no wonder she's heralded as the ultimate `showgirl'.

Founded in Sweden in 1947, H&M has over 1,300 stores in 24 countries and is synonymous around the world with affordable, up to date and high quality fashion. The company's collections are created by their own designers.

via www.hm.com | www.nitrolicious.com

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really nice print! Seems like it'll go in a nice direction, but it's still a celebrity line.

No mens wear? :( .....

How great would "m-flo loves H&M loves m-flo" be? I imagine some spacy stuff!

wow. maybe H&M is gearing up to have kylie design her own line in the fall...

rumours have it that H&M is going to have another celebrity line in the fall.

may be...who knows...they're so secretive about their ideas...which is good in a way...but i want to know!! ^_^

lucy92 said:
wow. maybe H&M is gearing up to have kylie design her own line in the fall...

rumours have it that H&M is going to have another celebrity line in the fall.

I don't understand that thing for Kylie. Ok, she's sweet as, but how can she be an icon? I never thought she had an amazing style. She dresses normal. She's cute. But I've never been amazed by her style. I prefer by far other people....what do you think?

H&M Shanghai Opening Event + Store Pics

copyrightevent_6_highres.jpg

Kylie was elevated from below on a twinkling mirrored tower, wearing a specially designed dress by H&M's Head of Design Margareta van den Bosch.

copyrightevent_1_highres.jpg

sopening7_highres.jpg

Photographers: Mathias Guilin, Charlie Xia & Ke Neng - Darenote Ltd. / H&M

MORE PICS ON MY BLOG...JUST TOO MUCH TO POST HERE...
H&M Shanghai Opening Event
http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2007/04/12/kylie-minogue-performs-at-hm-shanghai-opening-event-store-opening/

and

H&M Shanghai Store
http://www.nitrolicious.com/blog/2007/04/11/hm-shanghai-store/

H&M LANDS IN CHINA; SHANGHAI STORE OPENS TODAY

Today at 11am H&M flung open the doors of its pristine new four-storey shop in Shanghai's bustling Lu Wan shopping heartland. The crowd of shoppers who had been waiting since early morning escalated to 700 people. And when the store opened at 11am they rushed to get in and get a hold of H&M's own collection, involving of-the-moment fashion and wardrobe essentials for men, women, teens and children, as well as the just launched limited edition "H&M Loves Kylie" line.

The shopping fervour in-store stemmed from a tidal wave of excitement that kick-started the previous night at a fabulous party, where a jaw-dropping performance by Kylie Minogue provided the ultimate fanfare to H&M's arrival in Asia.

Last night Shanghai's glass dome Science Museum was set alight to herald H&M's Shanghai debut as well as the international launch, four weeks ahead of the rest of the world, of the "H&M Loves Kylie" capsule beachwear collection.

Arriving guests were serenaded by a three-hundred-strong female choir singing acapella Kylie songs, before entering a glittering kingdom where the Science Museum's 2,000 square metre floor was transformed into a shimmering sea of 100 kilos of Swarovski crystals. And five million mirrored disco ball squares covered everything from a gyrating surf board where people had their picture taken to Ming Dynasty-style vases full of complimentary mirrored pop badges to commemorate the occasion, and Studio 54 disco-lush revolving circular beds were mirror-clad and laden with sparkling silver cushions. Sparkle was also added to the event by Shanghai's starry likes including: Asian film star Zhao Wei; top model Du Juan and TV star Lee Xiao Ran.

The star to spot though became show-stoppingly apparent: At ten o'clock, to the sound of gongs, the choir (wearing silver H&M tracksuits) filled the steps of a magnificent 8 metres high Busby Berkeley-style tiered stage set and Kylie was elevated from below on a twinkling mirrored tower, wearing a specially designed dress by H&M's Head of Design Margareta van den Bosch. As she belted out her Can't Get You Out of My Head hit, twenty dancers sporting beach-cool "H&M Loves Kylie" aqua print sarong dresses, bikini tops, head scarves and large shades danced on the silver stage in front of her.
A shower of silver confetti and gasp-inducing fireworks provided the spellbinding finale to a glistening evening. But the buzz and energy didn't fizzle out even after Science Museum party goers danced until midnight as the shopping frenzy in the new store today revealed.

The new Shanghai H&M store is situated at 645-659 Middle Huai Hai Road.

i wouldn't classify her as an icon either. i really cannot stand how people these says use that term so loosely. she has okay taste but "icon"....that's a bit far-fetched.

i saw her collection today and bought this dress in white:

2e37_1.JPG

lovely!!

I don't understand that thing for Kylie. Ok, she's sweet as, but how can she be an icon? I never thought she had an amazing style. She dresses normal. She's cute. But I've never been amazed by her style. I prefer by far other people....what do you think?

I agree. She doesn´t dress bad, but she doesn´t stand out either. Just average, I guess. I wouldn´t call her a fashion icon, far from.

I wouldn't say that she is a fashion or style icon either. Although I think she did have a brief iconic style moment in the can't get you out of my head music video era.

Pop icon maybe...

The print pattern in the first picture is nice (retrogurl's post) -does anyone else think it is a little pucci-esque ?

I dont mean to be so bad.. but Kylie,Madge or Karl even V&R for H&M are just buziness only cauz they used the names to market the brand.

Hannes and Mauritz wann sell low quality stuffs wit a *designer* price?
there is nothing to do here with celebrity and Wth.
Designer/pop icons signed the contract and get $$$ for wearing the stuffs.

Just the young minds spend their money desperately for these stuffs!!

"..who is such a stylish person," :rolleyes:

i would say highly slylized, not highly stylish

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clem3166
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->