Hair Emergency - Color, Cut & Product Damages - HELP!

LifeNatureLove said:
So I had a disaster dye job a couple of days ago and ended up getting it fixed at the salon. Now, my hair is brown and I HATE it. I want to put highlights in it.
To the professionals, how long do I have to wait?

So long as you know that your hair will feel pretty awful after. You're going to have bleach over tint over tint. And if you had bleach on it previously, it's gonna feel REALLY bad. But, it's better than trying to lighten your whole head.

cale i'm kind of confused- I don't want to lighten my whole head just get some high lights. Very few around the face. I don't want a lot because I don't want to kill my hair. It's been almost a week and it does feel better though. Think it's safe to put a few in?

LifeNatureLove said:
cale i'm kind of confused- I don't want to lighten my whole head just get some high lights. Very few around the face. I don't want a lot because I don't want to kill my hair. It's been almost a week and it does feel better though. Think it's safe to put a few in?

Well I don't know what you mean by safe. It's going to be damaging reguardless, I mean even if your hair was virgin it would still be damaging.

I am definitly having a hair emegency!

Ok now that I am done crying I have somehow mananged to get to my computer and log on to tfs to ask for help. And I really need help.
I was suppose to dye my hair ashy-blonde, but everything ended in a disaster. I had thick brown hair until two months ago when I dyed it blonde, and today the plan was to dye it ashy-blonde (a dark blonde) , instead it became dark-greenish-blue and that isnt even the worse part, now my hair is very "thin" and the hair even curlys and breaks easely.
:cry::cry::cry:

so my question is how long will it take for my hair to recover. And when will I be able to dye it again.
Please help me:cry::cry:

Ok, a hair color questionaire

I have black brown hair, I want to dye it plum, but the plum won't show up on black brown hair (I am sure). I came up with a solution, so my plan is: use a sun bleach blonde to lighten up my hair, so it will probably show up as an amber-ish color; on top of that amber hair color, I am going to dye it plum on the amber, so the plum will show up much better and more vibrant.... suggestions?

Mina, I'd make sure that you don't use any harsh cleansers on your hair, use natural 'masks' on your hair to protect it and nourish it, it sounds to me like you've had a bad allergic reaction. I think you're going to have to wear a hat and keep your hair out of the sun for a while. There are lots of leave in conditioners and SPF for hair that make sure that UV and harsh elements aren't damaging your hair more than necessary. As far as i'm aware, hair should be left for at least 3 months (if possible) before doing any more colour work to it, but in your case it sounds rather urgent.

The thing is, can you really leave it for the time necessary? Because i'd imagine its very upsetting to have your hair in this condition.

If possible i'd say, drink a lot of water, only wash your hair with the most natural ingredients possible and use a leave in conditioner with UV protection for at least 2 weeks, then go to a salon.

Or at least go to a salon to get their opinion but don't be suckered into getting the most expensive 're-dye' job or anything. :innocent:

Oh and i've heard that mixing
-mashed avocado (without the 'stone' hahaha...oh i kill myself)
-1 tbsp lemon juice
-pinch of salt

together and leaving it in your hair for 30 minutes is a natural hydration system. Never tried it though, could be a lot of bull.

I dyed my hair, help *gulp*

I dyed my hair and I must say it came out very nice. I went from my natural red to a lovely light honey ash blonde. I had to strip the red out first with bleach before I added to ash color and it really dried my hair out. What can I do to make it better?

Did the dye come with some conditioner? Use that, it's lovely stuff. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it out. Also, buy some moisturizing/deep conditioning cinditioner and use it a few times a week. Try and avoid shampooing your hair too much because it strips out healthy oils and keeps hair feeling dry.

odelay said:
Did the dye come with some conditioner? Use that, it's lovely stuff.

Speaking of which,

If you run out you can get L'oreal Feria at Sally Beauty Supply. It's the same thing they would put in a packet of hair dye. I use it all the time. :blush: Better than Redken, without the build up.

I actually use all of the ocnditioner that came with the bleach AND toner tuesday night when I did it. I just can't get over how dry my hair is. It is shiny looking form the toner and looks healthy, but it is soooooo dry. I have never had dry hair like this before! Any leave in recomendations?

My ends are really crispy ... and I'm going to get them chopped off soon, can anybody recommend a fantastic conditioner I can use so it doesn't happen again????

My hair was dark brown but then it faded in the sun, so I tried to put blodne colour on it but it didn't work and only ended up taking most of the brown out. Now my hair is ORANGE!!! I really want to be blonde with darker foils in between. There is a stunning L'Oreal Couleur Experte box colour I want but it makes my hair the wrong colour. What should I do????

Major hair colour mishap! I usually colour my hair at home so I didn't think I'd have any problems but -- oh my holy God did I ever! Please help me!

My hair is naturally light brown. I usually colour it dark brown or black, or i bleach it platinum. No problems whatsoever. This time I tried a deep auburn, a deep bronzed brown. I had let my hair grow into its natural light brown so I wasn't layering new colour over old or anything. Maybe my natural colour was just too light. Anyway, my hair is now ORANGE! And not in a good way at all! I've never had this problem before, not even when I went blonde! What the heck should I do? I'm quite tempted to just do it myself again, a dark dark dark brown or black. But I would like to know what caused this disaster in the first place. Was my natural colour just too light? Help and opinions, anyone?

Okay, I need to tell you all about my current hair emergency.

My hair was bleached to platinum. I LOVED it. BUT my roots were coming in so I decided "what the hell? I just dye it back to my old natural color (medium red)." God! HUGE mistake. Red dye+bleached hair=BRIGHT UGLY RED FAKE LOOKING HAIR. OMG, it was terrible! I had to fix it. I called everywhere and used what knowledge I have to fix it.

Step one: I stripped the dye (it was a permanent dye so washing it would strip it enough) with a color stripper. This got it up to a pumpkin orange color. It stunk so bad that my hair still smells like rotten eggs :P

Step two: I bleached it according to what they told me at clairol. 40 minutes TOPS. No more since my hair was already bleached to high heaven white.

Step three: toning. I used Loreal Natural Match in Extra light ash blond to cut down on the yellow. I left it on for only 5 minutes and I am glad I did. My hair is quite medium ash blond, no where near extra light. That was from how porous my hair became through this process.

The results: I have medium ash blond hair now. I made a mistake, I get it :wink: NEVER DYE A BRIGHT COLOR OVER BLEACHED HAIR! I want my white platinum hair back soooo bad but I am waiting till all the hair on my head is grown out and virgin hair before coloring again in any form. My hair is literally cooked to a crisp now.

^:shock: You might need to cut it as short as possible. I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't cut it all at once. You may need room to keep cutting it over and over. :lol: Maybe that's just silly, but it's now I have done it. My hair has healed now from past dying experiences, but the frizz will always be there until I can cut it all off.

Speaking of frizz and splits, I reccomend...

L'oreal - Feria Professional. I use this on a regular basis. It's actually meant for color treated hair. My hair is super fabulous because of this. Get it at Sally's.
Redken - All Soft Heavy Cream. I haven't used this myself, but I've used their regular conditioners and this looks even more promising. 4.5 at MUA.com

Sleep in either or both of these for... well, the rest of your life.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com
http://www.redken.com/

tabou-5511_1932_911009.jpg
532_product_large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a hair disaster yesterday.

I got that loreal color expert kit, one that wasn't far away from my normal color. I just wanted to brighten my mousy hair. Well, the first step color is really pretty but the highlights ended up not really taking to the strands i chose and now i have a brassy orange chunk at my bangs and temples.

Thank god I have an appointment wednesday. I just have to be creative with scarves and headbands until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->