Hair Emergency - Color, Cut & Product Damages - HELP!

got my hair cut....what a disapointment.

So, i went to this super "cool" salon, where they take into consideration your bone structure, eyes etc to do your color and cut. $115 later and my hair is identical to what i went in with...minus the split ends. grr.

You're lucky! At least you didn't get your tresses butchered like I got mine. You can also think of it as a sort of compliment: they didn't change a thing because you already had the perfect style. :wink:

I went to my usual hairdresser and asked him to just take of the ends off so my super fine hair would look healthier. He then proceeded in stripping me of the little volume I had by using a razor, frizzed up the top part while the rest of it looked like very bad and lank hair extensions (he left some very long strands at the end). To finish it off, he chopped off my bangs extra short, in the style of the always fashionable Gregorian monks :shock: It's amazing what he did! Almost fascinating...He managed to create a mess that looked like it hadn't been cut in 2 years and it belongs to a madwoman!! A pitty I was growing my hair long for years....

See, it could be a lot worse?

oh wow citron...that's horrible...you're right though, i guess it *could* be a compliment....i don't know. i guess i wanted something different, something ppl will notice but noone will know. hahah i hate getting haircuts anyways. i'm always upset.

also, i asked to to style it full of body and really sexy like "Jonathan" hair or victorias secret hair. lots of volume, you know? So...what did she do? she flatironed the crap out of it. poker straight. and there is a dye stain on my cheek.

satine112 said:
also, i asked to to style it full of body and really sexy like "Jonathan" hair or victorias secret hair. lots of volume, you know? So...what did she do? she flatironed the crap out of it. poker straight. and there is a dye stain on my cheek.

Haha aw, that's so depressing! :ninja: I feel your pain, I live in a small town and I always end up with crappy boring hairstyles, until I found this awesome apprentice hairtsylist who is my age. She's the best!! :heart: If you are reading this hairstylist, you own!!!

Aw, I'm sorry! That ALWAYS happens to my mom. She goes to a new place all the time and always looks the same. It's the worst when you spend a lot of money. :( Like someone said above, at least you were not ruined! You still your same pretty self...minus $115.

I suppose there is no middle ground when it comes to hairappointments. It's always too much of a difference or no difference a all... I'm always looking for the perfect hairstyle, but I'm always either too careful to point out what I want or too much of a daredevil (which last time resulted in this straigt, long fringe that took ages to style& grow out, felt ugly almost half a year... :yuk: ). Needless to say, I don't really like having my hair cut. :innocent:

I had loads of rubbish haircuts for years...not awful ones but the ones where no one notices you've actually had it done. I chose another new hairdressers and they did my hair lovely way back in October. It's grown quite long since I haven't had it cut in about 7 months and I'm thinking about getting it cut short this time.

My Daughters Hair

My Daughter (nicole) is a local model with difficult hair. She tells me she wants to dye it red. I tell her repeated dying will only damage the hair further. She doesnt believe me. What do members think?

Dyeing hair red is a big step. When I worked in a salon we constantly had people coming in trying to "fix" their hair after it had been dyed red. The main problems are:

1. Vibrancy. It looks fantastic for the first couple of washes, but maintaining the colour is an intense task, especially for damaged hair. The dye tends to set in well into the base of the hair (virgin strands, or hair with minimal damage from colour or sun), but won't hold well to the parts of the hair that have been previously colour treated or have suffered elemental damage. It ends up a two tone effect as the ends of the hair are a far different colour from the roots.

2. Colour removal. This is more of an opposite.. the dye will usually be easily removed from the roots of the hair, but is basically impossible to get out of the ends. Even when dyeing hair a darker colour, the ends of the hair will not absorb the colour properly.

Red hair looks fantastic on the right person with the right complexion, but its certainly a committment...

Totally agree with everything amnzeroic said. Plus you can't wear white :P

Dye job gone wrong

Hey everyone,

I was planning on dying my hair back to medium brown (from highlighted dark blonde, light brown) and my hair turned DARK, DARK espresso brown. I have never had hair this dark before and I need some suggestions on what I can do to avoid looking "goth." I'm goin to go get it back to the right color nex month, but in the mean time any suggestions would be very helpful.

Here is a picture of what it looks like as far as the contrast between skin and hair color. (this is Alexis Bledel whom I adore and I am definately not nearly as gorgeous as she:(
52981366.jpg

**Credit: www.gettyimages.com

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am a hair/colorist : ) You have 2 options. first you can strip the color out and recolor it to a light brown base then a few weeks later get highlihgts OR you can slowly go lighter by getting highlights over what you have now but that will take a lot longer to get to your goal. If you decide to lighten the whole head just make sure to buy a good deep conditioner and do this at a good salon : )

Need help on a bad hair dye... job

Hiii!
Ive been reading this forum for a while but I never really post.

Eearlier today though, I decided to try and get my hair dyed blonde... which was not so great of an idea. :blush: I naturally have VERY dark hair, and when the stylist/colorist/whatever was doing my hair she said something about bleach and toner. When I was still in the salon my hair was wet and the color was pretty dark. It wasnt exactly what I wanted but it wasnt bad, but when I got home and my hair was dry... my hair is YELLOW :yuk:

Its a little orange but mostly yellow and its terrible! Im really not sure on what to do and I cant go back and get it fixed because its about 2 hours away, and I cant drive yet. (3 more months! WOO).

I just need a second opinion on what to do... unless there are more options i dont know about :huh:
Should I get a darker hair dye and go back, or close to my natural hair color, or should I go to a local salon and get the bleaching finished and get blonde dye over it? (I forgot to mention that she really didnt let the bleach set for as long as she probably should/could have done)

Ill try and take pictures to post later... its actually pretty funny... but horrible at the same time :lol:

You MUST inform the original salon before you do ANYTHING to your hair. Don't touch it! I understand that it is difficult for you to get there but it is their professional obligation to fix what they did. You must give them a call right away, if you cannot send them photographs or get a ride or a bus to the location then go to your local salon, explain the problem and get the head stylist to call the salon that made the error, or at least get his opinion on the action you should take.

This shouldn't have happened, for the moment just tie it up and wear a hat or something.

They owe you a refund, a courtesy trip to their salon or at least a voucher for a fix-job (which is more expensive in my experience)...

No time to lose!

i agree....but i know that when you have really dark hair, it usually takes 2-3 trips to the salon in a process to get it blonde. i dont think they can do it in one go. but they should have told you that...and dried it at the salon so you could see the color! i hope you get it fixed! and i hope this was just like a step 1 and two will fix it. a bad bleach job has got to be the worst!

So I had a disaster dye job a couple of days ago and ended up getting it fixed at the salon. Now, my hair is brown and I HATE it. I want to put highlights in it.
To the professionals, how long do I have to wait?

As long as your hair is in good condition you can get them done now : )

sexxxy.bunny said:
Hiii!
Ive been reading this forum for a while but I never really post.

Eearlier today though, I decided to try and get my hair dyed blonde... which was not so great of an idea. :blush: I naturally have VERY dark hair, and when the stylist/colorist/whatever was doing my hair she said something about bleach and toner. When I was still in the salon my hair was wet and the color was pretty dark. It wasnt exactly what I wanted but it wasnt bad, but when I got home and my hair was dry... my hair is YELLOW :yuk:

Its a little orange but mostly yellow and its terrible! Im really not sure on what to do and I cant go back and get it fixed because its about 2 hours away, and I cant drive yet. (3 more months! WOO).

I just need a second opinion on what to do... unless there are more options i dont know about :huh:
Should I get a darker hair dye and go back, or close to my natural hair color, or should I go to a local salon and get the bleaching finished and get blonde dye over it? (I forgot to mention that she really didnt let the bleach set for as long as she probably should/could have done)

Ill try and take pictures to post later... its actually pretty funny... but horrible at the same time :lol:

Yep, listen to what everyone else is saying. Go back to that salon and have them fix it. If there's still orange in your hair they're going to need to put more bleach over it, and definitely tone it. They should have told you all of this before you left the salon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarenabrilcoleman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->