Hair Loss - When it's falling out :(

watch out for stress too, i guess i dont need to pull on my hair no more when im stressed, cause it just falls itself.

losing hair is quite normal, just check a few days after and see if the hair is growing back.

I have the same problem throughout summer. But I trace it back to a perm and the Paul Mitchell Leave-In Conditioner I've been using religiously (til I read on their website that it displaces water in the hair. scared me to death!). I plan on cutting my slightly above shoulder hair soon though, so I hope it'll be alright soon.

exactly my problem-- since i have wavy hair, I only wash it about twice a week and don't brush it that much or it gets frizzy, so my hair falls out all over the place. if you brush your hair and wash it more frequently, then you have more coming out regularly in your drain and on your brush, not all over the place! oh well, i have reconciled that i am not going bald...
Hair naturally falls out. You don't brush it, it will fall out where you don't want it to. Brush your hair. That's all there is to it. (especially with thicker/longer hair)

my hair falls out a bit when im in the shower and the seasons are changing.
like now, its becoming fall here and my hair is falling out a little when i wash the shampoo out.
but when its changing to spring & summer I lose more..

maybe im an animal of some kind that sheds during season changes :lol:

Yep, the "seasonal shed", same as our pets. I find mine falling out during summer - I notice in animals, summer shedding is usually to make way for regrowth of winter fur. Maybe it's one of our ancient links to when we were furry.

If it's from breakage use a protein treatment like Nexxus Emergencee. I also use a light conditioner from VO5 which is protein enriched as a pre-conditioner every day.

I also agree about brushing your hair. I noticed a lot more hair going down the drain if I've not brushed it in the morning. I think if you have thick hair though, it's just part of life. My hair ends up everywhere too.

When I'm shedding, mine gathers on the carpet like low-lying clouds. It only takes a few days, and you're thinking, where did all that hair come from? And do I have any left?

^:shock: I get that too. Sometimes it turns into tumbleweed. I don't know how it gathers like that. But I need to vacuum.

It's been 2 weeks since I started using the Davines Vitamin Activist Gel and I have seen marked improvement. When I sweep / vacuum the floor, there's a lot less hair and there are only one or two strands of hair on my pillow in the mornings.

I'll continue to post any further improvements, if any. It could just be due to usage of a new product. My hair sometimes sheds less too if I change shampoos for example.

I started having serious hair loss about 4-5 years ago - and about 2 years ago I noticed it was really bad...I started using Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner, and that helped ALOT...although its still noticably thin, but it definitely helped.

I have tried taking Folic Acid and Biotin and havent really seen any results. I am going to try some of the other suggestions in here and will keep you all updated.

33EP! AH! im sorry to hear about that but i now exactly how u feel! but dont worry, u can and will grow back beautiful thick hair! I have been taking iron supplements, a natural one, called spawater or something? and i believe its been helping! so all the best and do let us know how u get on!!

thank you for those kind words! i went and picked up some iron supplements today, and i currently :gasp: have my head soaking in olive oil in a towel...fingers crossed...will keep you postes ^_^

33EP! AH! im sorry to hear about that but i now exactly how u feel! but dont worry, u can and will grow back beautiful thick hair! I have been taking iron supplements, a natural one, called spawater or something? and i believe its been helping! so all the best and do let us know how u get on!!

When I was little I had thick hair... then came adolescence. My depression & anxiety really effed up my hair, even though I am not depressed anymore, my hair is always falling out :( I often walk and feel tickles on my legs because my hair was shedding... at one point I could just rip a chunk of hair off with my bare hands :ninja: I doubt it is malnutrition since I am a pretty conscientious eater... I suspect genetic has to do with this as well because my mom is pretty bald (bless her) I am only 19 :doh:

My friend used to put 3 birth control pills in her shampoo bottle and then wash her hair.
It worked for her, but it's not wise to use it for a long time

My hair has been snapping off like crazy lately. Too much dyeing and straightening. I just bought some mane n tail shampoo and conditioner to give it a try, since I have tried almost all other brands and nothing seems to stop the breakage. I used it last night and I still had a ton of breakage this morning when I ironed my hair but not nearly as much. Just hair in the sink, not all over the floor and counter.

i started taking bio-h-tin 1 month ago and it's SO GREAT! (omg, now i sound like on of those media-shop people :ninja: :lol: haha) but seriously: i love it. my hair loss defenitely got better and it seems like for every hair i lost, there are 3 growing back :shock:

i started taking bio-h-tin 1 month ago and it's SO GREAT! (omg, now i sound like on of those media-shop people :ninja: :lol: haha) but seriously: i love it. my hair loss defenitely got better and it seems like for every hair i lost, there are 3 growing back :shock:

Is bio-h-tin available in north america? And, what's in it? Just your run of the mill biotin?

For the past 3 years or so my hair has also been considerably weakened, leaving me with a really thinning patch in the front :( It really upsets me actually.
Genetically it makes sense since my mom (and most of the women on her side of the family) have very little hair in adulthood, and my dad is quite bald.
But I'm only 25. My mom says that hers only started thinning after about 40. So I'm thinking of seeing a dermatologist. I've also considered transplanting, though that would be for later. At the moment I try to just take hair vitamins (basically the ones I take at the moment are just B vitamin complexes) and I will buy some iron supplements too.
I know that in general for the past 3 years I've been stressed, not sleeping enough, not eating enough fruit and veg. Not doing sports... :doh: So perhaps if I improve on these things my hair could also get better...

My hair started falling out last year. My parents and everyone I know kept telling me I was imagining it but I know I definitely wasn't. My hair was never super thick but it's noticeably thinner now, though it's stopped falling out.

my friend is suffering from alopecia and has been seeing a dermatologist - she's got large clumps of absolutely balb pathches - she also has very bad eczema and they think its connected....so she has been getting steroid injections into her scalp but i don't know if its started to work yet....its terrible for her

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->