Hair Removal on Upper Lip

Bonchic said:
nair for your upper lip:wink: it comes in a little tube. Just be sure to read the directions and don't rub it too much when rinsing because I rubbed it too much with a wash cloth once and it kind of burned the skin and left a mark but it was fine all the other times I used it

I've tried that, but all those sorts of products always burn my skin. It may be okay if your skin isn't sensative though. I just pluck :smile:

this is so embarrasing...but I alternate using bleach and waxing it off. By using them like that, I've found it to work like a one-two punch. And less comes back, and it's finer, if at all.

i've tried several options:

- nair on my lip left me with a reaction - so i had darker spots on the edges of my 'mouche'

- sugar-waxing (at home) was soooo good... but b/c i'm a caramel-hued chickadee with sensitive skin, it also left my skin darker on those edges

- so i got one of those weee mini battery-operated electrical razors... they're sold for the 'bikini' area - it works very well on me.. i use it maybe once every two weeks. At first i supplemented by plucking the little hairs that came up from time to time, but i'm finding they're getting darker and thicker.. so i'll just stick with the razor.

----- if my skin wasn't so sensitive and prone to hyperpigmentation, i'd lazer or electrolize or wax.... but alas for me, the mini electric razor's my option. would NOT recommend a real razor though!!

Help!

I just used Veet's waxing strips (the kind you warm between your palms first) on my upper lips and it left 2 red, raw blotches! Its hideous! It couldn't have burned because the wax wasn't hot. What happened and what can I do to get rid of it?! :cry: (I tried La Mer's moisturizer but it isnt helping)!

Fabulyss said:
I just used Veet's waxing strips (the kind you warm between your palms first) on my upper lips and it left 2 red, raw blotches! Its hideous! It couldn't have burned because the wax wasn't hot. What happened and what can I do to get rid of it?! :cry: (I tried La Mer's moisturizer but it isnt helping)!

It sounds like you might have taken off the very top layer of skin - a bit like a carpet burn. You need to stretch the skin very firmly before you remove a wax strip. I once did something similar exfoliating too hard:blush:

I'm with Bonchic - I like Nair for faces in the small tube

Wow I feel so lucky not to have hair on my upper lip! At least you guys all have great solutions for it! :smile:

^Everyone has hair on their upper lip. Its just to what degree is it noticeable
(the only places mammals dont have hair is the bottom of the feet, palms, and orifices):wink:

I've had really, really good experiences with threading... it's much less painful, less messy and less irritating than any other methods I can think of.

The hair I have is not very noticeable (or so I've been told), but it bothers me, so I bleach it. I've recently moved to Canada and all I can seem to find is a tiny box of Jolen which is expensive and also burns my face. Are there any other brands that involve mixing two creams (not cream and powder) that are cheap and available in Canada? Which shop should I go to to find them? I've looked in Rexall and Loblaws and I could only find Jolen. :(

I'm going to get mine threaded, canucksfan22 I'm glad you said it doesn't hurt much because I was thinking maybe I just go for waxing instead.

ah loblaws. You must be in Ontario. Have you gone to Shoppers Drug Mart? Seriously, go to the MASSIVE drug stores. We have them in Saskatchewan so you must have them there as well. Ah how I miss 24 hour drug stores.

i've been getting electrolysis on my upper lip and i'm very happy with the results... it's a bit painful and a long process but overall i think it's worth it

oh no that sounds painful ChrissyM!

I've been using this great product called Silk'n, it is a hair lasser removal that you can use at home and during the weeks your hair starts to just dissapear. Oh and IT DOES NOT HURT OR WHATSOEVER, It is great for facial hair, and also the arms. you should totally try it out, this is their web http://www.silkn.com/

I simply attack with tweezers when necessary.

oh no that sounds painful ChrissyM!

I've been using this great product called Silk'n, it is a hair lasser removal that you can use at home and during the weeks your hair starts to just dissapear. Oh and IT DOES NOT HURT OR WHATSOEVER, It is great for facial hair, and also the arms. you should totally try it out, this is their web http://www.silkn.com/

sounds interesting... i'll definitely check it out

how long have you been using it? sounds like you're happy with it
if there's something that works and that i can do at home that would be great..
especially for other areas.. legs etc

Threading hurts so much when used for the upperlip! Threading eyebrows I can cope with but being able to bear with threading the upper lip is pretty badass. I prefer to wax. :smile:

Now that I am no longer in Canada, I just buy Veet bleach. It comes in this purple box with two creams that you mix together and leave on for 8-10 minutes maximum. Doesn't burn like the Jolen used to, but I've also seen it is slightly cheaper in the UK than here in France. I use quite a lot because there are multiple areas where I'm paranoid of non-blonde hairs being seen, even if they are not exactly thick and black.

Bellechloe - Isn't laser supposed to give a quick sting as it starts to destroy the hair follicles? (Or something like that.)

Threading is the best method for my skin because I'm currently using RAM and waxing will literally tear a layer of skin off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->