Harper’s Bazaar Italia December 2023 : Apolline Rocco Fohrer & Avanti Nagrath by Nick Knight

Saw it today at the supermarket, i think it is one of their most solid issues....but still too much pointless articles

The cover with Apolline Rocco Fohrer by Nick Knight is divine! It feels edgy yet festive, extremely fashion-forward and I instantly recognized that heavenly Giorgio Armani dress. The colours are gorgeous too, really love every aspect of that cover...

Also rather in love with that opening shot of Apolline holding the gold dress! :heart:

AMAZING EDITORIAL by Nick Knight but we needed better models!!
the girls don't sell it in front of the camera anymore and I wonder why

The cover with Apolline Rocco Fohrer by Nick Knight is divine! It feels edgy yet festive, extremely fashion-forward and I instantly recognized that heavenly Giorgio Armani dress. The colours are gorgeous too, really love every aspect of that cover...

Also rather in love with that opening shot of Apolline holding the gold dress! :heart:
Wonder if Conde Nast stop giving exclusive contracts to their star photographers. Hmmmm Steven Meisel next

Saw it today at the supermarket, i think it is one of their most solid issues....but still too much pointless articles

No one reads these articles, not even when they're free online. They really need to replace such filler with strong companion features that relate to the fashion stories.

Daria x Marc are convincingly holding up decently to the dynamic duo of Liz x Fabien. They seem to be finding her footing well enough: The strong concoction of veteran masters doing what they do best, with a good mix of newer talents that live up to the high standards of high fashion production is a simple reassuring offering in these days of a lack of talent and creativity. 4 solid to supreme fashion stories (5 if you count “Floating Fashion”) in an issue these days is worthy of praise. If they could eventually wrangle veteran talents like Norman Jean Roy, Daniel Jackson alongside newer ones like Annemarieke van Drimmelen and Jamie Hawkesworth (doing his best—and sometimes better Meisel impression) as anchors, then Daria would really have something worthwhile here.

This more formal, glam and opulent Bazaar is a great compliment her French sister’s more easygoing, nonfussy, minimalist counterpart. Both have quickly established a strong identity in a short amount of time without desperate pandering to social and the awful tastes of current fashion. They’re by no means on the level of greater publications of the 90s-2000s. But given the context of these horrendously bland fashion days in publication, they deserve to be supported.

I’ll take it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GSGTog
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->