Harper’s Bazaar Italia September 2024 by Craig McDean, Willy Vanderperre & Elizaveta Porodina

Loving Mica's 1st cover and Lulu's, so far. Not that Penelope's one is that bad but it's below her (high) standards.

Genuinely dislike the "the now edge" tagline. Cheap and not chic at all, déjà vu at its finest/worst.

Lulu Tenney by Elizaveta Porodina Is very Italian Vogue…
It’s so weird to see Mica « model ». Usually she is standing there, except for the VP cover/ed by Testino where she was dancing, I don’t recall ever seeing her « do something ».

I used to be a fan but now I am just sick of Porodina's photography. It became so clownish and it's bordering on amateur with the excessive filter use and color grading straight out of deviant art. She should experiment with polaroids and various printing techniques instead.
I like Penelope's cover the best. It's boring but pretty and well executed.

I imagine one of Mica’s cover is just the inside cover, if they keep the ssme formar, hopefully they won’t….not sure which one i will get or if im gonna get this issue at all!

Lulu Tenney by Elizaveta Porodina Is very Italian Vogue…
It’s so weird to see Mica « model ». Usually she is standing there, except for the VP cover/ed by Testino where she was dancing, I don’t recall ever seeing her « do something ».

Don't get me Mica-mad haha (I can totally picture in & out why someone would disagree with her modeling). Though, you're tough on her!
Lulu is one of my favorites right now, as much as this word can mean. She's got that spark, those eyes, this body-language.

Regarding Testi... He has no business in being here. Or maybe he has...
Look at all those chicken-***ed people saying goodbye to Demarchelier...
while it was known for ages what he was all about (even criticizing agents who disagreed with "pretty" names such as "kapo". Good grief. Good lord. Good everything else.
The only thing I feel ashamed about is my lack of words...
... du to the lack of evidences.
But everybody knew.
Testino should keep on shooting B or C list pictures (and EVEN !!!) because we can't tell him not to touch a camera (well, that's the least) any longer.
Demarchelier was a lusty Teddy Bear.
Babe, the old penny609 is tired but had too much to say...
But just wanna drip and drop every now and then, got much more to build up again. And will.

Don't get me Mica-mad haha (I can totally picture in & out why someone would disagree with her modeling). Though, you're tough on her!
Lulu is one of my favorites right now, as much as this word can mean. She's got that spark, those eyes, this body-language.

Regarding Testi... He has no business in being here. Or maybe he has...
Look at all those chicken-***ed people saying goodbye to Demarchelier...
while it was known for ages what he was all about (even criticizing agents who disagreed with "pretty" names such as "kapo". Good grief. Good lord. Good everything else.
The only thing I feel ashamed about is my lack of words...
... du to the lack of evidences.
But everybody knew.
Testino should keep on shooting B or C list pictures (and EVEN !!!) because we can't tell him not to touch a camera (well, that's the least) any longer.
Demarchelier was a lusty Teddy Bear.
Babe, the old penny609 is tired but had too much to say...
But just wanna drip and drop every now and then, got much more to build up again. And will.
Im just surprised to see Mica in that way but I can’t be hard on her as I really loved Binx as a model and her signature is literally standing or sitting while doing absolutely nothing.

Regarding Testino…
I would probably say something terrible but it was expected. His behavior was directed to men and unfortunately society has a lot of acceptance, decides to turn blind when those types of questions or even physical violence involves LGBTQ people.

Tbh, I expected him to make his return on a Asian or South American edition.

1st cover with Mica is great (I’ve always find her very mediocre as a model) and so is the 2nd one with Lulu (both her covers scream Vogue Italia).

Im just surprised to see Mica in that way but I can’t be hard on her as I really loved Binx as a model and her signature is literally standing or sitting while doing absolutely nothing.

Regarding Testino…
I would probably say something terrible but it was expected. His behavior was directed to men and unfortunately society has a lot of acceptance, decides to turn blind when those types of questions or even physical violence involves LGBTQ people.

Tbh, I expected him to make his return on a Asian or South American edition.
Oh, Binx... Miss those Binx-moments when nothing happened but were delightful to some unknown heights. Come on, it is september already and no Binx in sight... Totally agree with you, she wasn't doing much but has that presence, the lil thingy you'd have a hard time to overlook.

Gotta agree with your point(s) on Testino, as harsh as it sounds... -_-

LA MILANESA
Photography:
Louise & Maria Thornfeldt
Styling: Sissy Vian
Hair: Pier Paolo Lai
Make-up: Gemma Smith-Edhouse
Models: Yar Aguer, Olivia Petronella Palermo, Libby Bennett, Lara Menezes, Lennon Sorrenti & Caitlin Tamsyn Soetendal

Harper's Bazaar Italia Digital Edition

Thank you, Zorka. They started to bleach Mica eyebrows: this editorial, Richard kern shoot, Willy shoot in another fw 2023 magazine. I just hate the way she looks with bleached eyebrows and these thin hair, she needs volume, curly hair and normal eyebrows, this suits her perfectly. I mean I love Mica but this image doesn’t suit her.

Gorgeous issue: The textures, the compositions, the richest color-palette, the effortless luxe, the easygoing vibe, the expensive indulgence of high fashion, all flowing so sleekly by Stefania’s art direction… then there’s Elizaveta’s obnoxious, tiresome, one-dimensional ModelMayhem Photoshop Wizard’s heavyhanded nonsense to ruin that slick sophistication…

The thin line between a fashion editorial and a lookbook is showing throughout this issue, but Craig's photography is my fave from this bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amsivi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->