Harper's Bazaar Australia September 2008 : Uma Thurman by Craig McDean

sweetpop

Reaction score
(click for bigger picture)
Okidoki!
Uma Thurman wears Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo jacket and shirt; Ralph Lauren bow tie; Fendi Belt.
Photographed by Craig McDean

This issue my sis just got today, it's excitingly thick and I have high hopes for it! ^_^ More to come later!

OMG why a re-print?And for September issue, i am soo not sold on this new guy as the eic.

^ I agree. Dont like the cover anyway.

I saw this at the newsagents this morning and it's such an awesome cover.

Well, I sometimes like reprints if I think they're very creative or attractive artistically or a little bit out of the ordinary. It does get annoying if a reprints are used over and over again, but like Mchunu<3, I like this reprint! I like the concept of the butterfly acting as a 'mask' and how Uma has been dressed in a tux, and I feel that the androgynous feel that fashion sometimes brings to the centre of the stage is reflected in this shot, but its still smart, sleek and makes a confident statement. The absence of many colours makes the defined cuts more sharp, and it proves that simple bold colours for 'big issues' can still be just as effective as having an array of the colours.

i was wondering, is it another magazine is in the same publication with bazaar???

"Uma Thurman as you've never seen her before"
i believe we all have seen her like this

Its a great picture for a cover, but its just not done to have your coverstar of your big new season issue wear something from last season.

^So true mikel :doh:

"Uma Thurman as you've never seen her before"
i believe we all have seen her like this

Well... we have... but there are plenty of people in Australia that haven't seen Another Magazine so the images will be new to them.

the reprint of AnOther and Harper's Bazaar? what's going on? these two magazines are actually of the same company or something else? if so, it's still a ridiculous enough to use that old cover

the reprint of AnOther and Harper's Bazaar? what's going on? these two magazines are actually of the same company or something else? if so, it's still a ridiculous enough to use that old cover
Right. Look! Re-prints are disappointing sometimes, an excessive use of re-prints is mightily boring because, obviously, they're not originals. They're not some kind new innovative idea that no one else has had and has been transfered onto solid material, making everyone marvel at its existence. Thing is however, it doesn't mean that they can't be used again once its been used once! That would be a complete waste of an idea, and I know that Jamie used to be based in London (and Sydney) when he was European fashion features director of Harpers. It's possible that he knows Craig McDean or has contacts from Another Magazine, decided to use the Uma shoot because he liked it and he thought that, like MissMagAddict, that perhaps not many people in Australia do know about Another Magazine, know that Uma is dressed in last season's wear (I reckon Australia is a season behind anyway :unsure:)and it wouldn't be the biggest fashion crime to reuse the pictures. To be honest, I didn't know that Another Magazine existed until recently, and I'm kinda sure that not everyone who buys Australia's Harper's is as 'worldy' or as informed about everything fashion related compared to members here.

ok yeah um, :unsure: I'm sorry about my angry rant in my post above, I didn't mean to sound like a mean b*tch, but I decided to be honest about what I thought, and I thought I might as well vent my anger out in one of my own threads. I'm sorry if I offended anyone or have created a really mean and snappy impression of myself. :( sorry

Just thought I'd put up an editorial I managed to scan from this issue, I'm sorry its so late!

2 more: (these aren't in order by the way)

Details:
"Window Shopping"
Harper's Bazaar Australia Septemebr 2008
Model: Fabienne Vanderhaeghen
Photographer: Nicole Bentley
Styled: Claudia Navone
scanned by me

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members