Harvey Weinstein Confirms Revival of Charles James

Georgina Chapman cannot even be called a designer. She "designs" red carpet dresses that are based on previously created patterns and therefore has no vision, nor artistic guidance to produce something valuable. And quite frankly, the clothes that Marchesa sells - well, the beautiful ones - are appreciated because of the team's hard work and precision in construction, cut and beading. There is no originality in any of them nor in Chapman's head whatsoever, which is in complete contrast of what Mr. James' ideals really were.

Last edited by a moderator:
twistelette recently pinned a down jacket of his from the 30s that was simply amazing. He's not doing Georgina any favors by creating this kind of contrast.

Is he sreious? After Halston now THIS?

I mean ... just. Why even bother. Good luck.

Ps Weirdly I see Poseur working there.

This would be the PERFECT comeback opportunity for John Galliano. It's right up his alley and I'm surprised no one has mentioned him. In my not-so-humble opinion, he's the only one capable of reviving the Charles James house and making it something relevant again.

Is this still happening? The last news about it was almost a year ago in May 2015, with Zac Posen being involved in addition to Chapman.

I hope the gave up this whole idea of revival after the Schiaparelli fail, because with Chapman this brand would be even worse than Schiap. And actually we have enough brands that are almost dead.

Well, that settles that then!! Quite relieved, tbh.

Harvey Weinstein exits talks to revive fashion brand

By Ian Mohr
June 23, 2016 | 10:40pm

Harvey Weinstein will not be rebooting the Charles James fashion brand after all.

Sources told Page Six that the Weinstein Co.’s option to work with the brand has expired, and the movie mogul is no longer involved.

Page Six exclusively reported that Weinstein struck a deal to relaunch the celebrated fashion line in 2014, on the heels of a Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute show on the British-American designer.

Reports later said Zac Posen was a potential consultant, along with Weinstein’s wife, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman, and her brother, Edward. But a legal headache ensued when Arnaud de Lummen — a European investor who specializes in reviving dormant brands with names like Paul Poiret and Belber — said he owned rights to Charles James in certain territories.

Weinstein’s two-year license with James’ heirs expired, and the company has decided not to pursue renewing. But Weinstein’s exit then “opened the door for de Lummen . . . to pursue fresh negotiations with [heirs] Charles and Louis James,” WWD reported.

Source: http://pagesix.com/2016/06/23/harvey-weinstein-exits-talks-to-revive-fashion-brand/

So later this year a movie currently called "Phantom Thread" is set to come out, about Charles James starring Daniel-Day Lewis and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. I expect this might revive the brand... There are rumors on film boards that the movie involves BDSM :lol: not sure what that has to do with Charles James
A drama set in the couture world of 1950s London, where Charles James is commissioned to design for members of high society and the royal family.

Also I predict Vicky Krieps, one of the main actors in the film, will become a Miu Miu and/or Prada girl :lol:

I thought DDL retired? I'm not sure this will revive the brand. Most people have never heard of it/him.

This will be DDL's last movie (allegedly.)

There are rumors on film boards that the movie involves BDSM :lol: not sure what that has to do with Charles James

"50 shades of James"? You gotta cater to the kids these days...

^ Surely they wouldn't just make it up out of whole cloth ...

Per Wikipedia,

He was expelled from Harrow for a "sexual escapade".
I find this interesting, because it implies something well beyond the usual public school goings on.

But per Vulture, it was for wearing makeup.

Thought I would update on the Phantom Thread film as it is about fashion... He is not playing Charles James, but a fictional designer inspired by James. The actress Vicky Krieps will be getting a lot of fashion/magazine play as she is a beautiful foreign actress (stil think she'll be a Miu Miu/Prada girl!)

Now if Charles James would just come back from the dead and confirm the revival of Harvey Weinstein, the circle would be complete :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->