Haute Couture Clients

Perhaps it was on display? I have seen Dior HC on display in a department store in Taiwan....
one guess : it was fake???

i honestly think Couture's never been on a display....
Couture is made sur mesure.....

honestly i'm pretty surprised by all those stories....
all this coverage of the couture's people and world.....
well it's just two articles and it's couture week.....

BerlinRocks,

No, sorry, they weren't fakes. A few dresses were on display as part of an exhibit.

Lafayette in Paris had a Dior mariée dress on a window some years ago... someone posted the pic on a thread around here (it was fw05 hc and the dress was originally worn by lily cole)

The Versace store on 5th Avenue in New York had the gown Carrie wore in Sex & the City on display for about two weeks I believe...that was a beautiful site!

there is a whole process...
in order to even have access to the opportunity to go to the shows, let alone buy them, you must be approved by the Federation Francaise de la Couture.

Wow...I have no idea about htis. It does make sense as to advoid some classless customer who just happen to be loaded and buying into couture and made them look cheap!!

Luving this tread!! But I do believe a lot of the things being written are mildly true!! They just make a good story!

:heart:

Wow...I have no idea about htis. It does make sense as to advoid some classless customer who just happen to be loaded and buying into couture and made them look cheap!!

Luving this tread!! But I do believe a lot of the things being written are mildly true!! They just make a good story!

Yeah that's nice...or else so many tacky people would buy up. It's nice to sell the clothes to people who actually love it as an art form and appreciate it.

$280,000 is pretty outrageous...I guess someone buys at those prices though...yikes.

That's like the minimum cost of a house in a really upscale neighborhood where I'm from...LOL

Well, looking back at the photos, I can't say that absolutely no one fits that description ... :ninja: :innocent:

uhm.... i know i am asking a stupid question.... but anyone knows if there is haute couture for mens? Would that be a good business??

^No, there's no specific "haute couture" for men. The closest is really Savile Row. But Thom Browne is doing a lot in the couture price range...but I doubt he's sold any of it.

Question...
Are there dress codes at couture shows? I was reading WWD and I noticed that at the Chanel show, I believe, a women in the front was wearing jeans.
I mean, don't you want to dress a bit more..dressy?

Four grand for a pair of jeans is RIDICULOUS. :rolleyes: You can easily get an amazing pair of plain designer jeans, and sew some crap on. That's couture for you, haha. Fits perfectly, and has custom whatever made to your liking. :lol:

Four grand for a pair of jeans is RIDICULOUS. :rolleyes: You can easily get an amazing pair of plain designer jeans, and sew some crap on. That's couture for you, haha. Fits perfectly, and has custom whatever made to your liking. :lol:

You are so correct Katherine.....I like to make / design my own clothing if possible; and make my wish come true....

Question...
Are there dress codes at couture shows? I was reading WWD and I noticed that at the Chanel show, I believe, a women in the front was wearing jeans.
I mean, don't you want to dress a bit more..dressy?

Charlotte Casiraghi wears miniskirts and flat booties (chanel of course) and sits front row (of course)... she is royalty and that is enough i guessB)... i dont think the dress code matters much

How do these women become clients...like what if a random, newly wealthy woman decided she wanted to go to the couture shows and buy...how would she do it?

I really would like an answer to this question! Anybody who know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->