Haute Couture Clients

I really would like an answer to this question! Anybody who know?

If you look back through the thread, you'll see the answer ... you need to know someone who will introduce you ... you need a recommendation from a current member.

one guess : it was fake???

i honestly think Couture's never been on a display....
Couture is made sur mesure.....

honestly i'm pretty surprised by all those stories....
all this coverage of the couture's people and world.....
well it's just two articles and it's couture week.....

well then...you apparently don`t know the buying power of asia...

Dior recently had several displays of couture...the most recent, their S/S 07 line "Japonism" for their anniversary. There was a gallery display in the Omotesando flagship store...about 25 of the best pieces from the collection. It was FREE to get in, and FREE to take pics. I covered it for the nat. newspaper and it was just gorgeous....totally breathtaking to see it up close. I understand why these women would want to pay to wear it. They are WEARING paintings.

It has been mentioned before, but anyone who is in doubt, go watch "signor Chanel"..its on youtube...then come back and talk....

^^yes please, I'd love to see them too. and also, is there a link to article you wrote for the nat. newspaper? i'd really love to read that as well. thanks!

Couture in the shop

fs20071211a1b.jpg

Haute couture has always been a mystery to most people. With fantastical clothing that is usually deemed to be unwearable — and sky-high price tags to match — such a sense of the unreachable builds allure and buzz needed for a brand, even as it may alienate regular folk.
The English ringmaster of the exquisite art form, John Galliano of the Christian Dior label, is giving anyone with a bit of curiosity a chance to see for themselves what Dior's couture is all about in a 23-piece exhibit at their flagship store in Tokyo's Omotesando district. Running through Dec. 26, the event is twofold: it celebrates Christian Dior's 60th anniversary as a fashion house and Galliano's 10th year at the helm.
The exhibition presents the critically acclaimed 2007 Spring/Summer Japan-inspired collection, that's aptly titled "Japonism," in which Galliano uses a plethora of Japanese craft techniques to produce unusual dresses. Hand-painted ukiyo-e (genre painting) scenes grace oversize ball gowns while bamboo and ikebana flower arrangements decorate larger-than-life head pieces, and giant origami lilies and cranes form the bodices, jackets and skirts of the best pieces.
While Japanese-inspired Western ideas of dress are nothing new, Galliano's brilliance dreams up pieces that demand appreciation for both the hundreds of man-hours put into each one and the thousands of sequins employed in their dazzling designs. As if Pavarotti were giving a complimentary street performance, this opportunity to see haute couture up close is an experience not to be missed. (Misha Janette)
5-9-11 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo; (03) 5464-6220; free
japantimes.co.jp :flower: uploading photos...

My friend also went to this exhibit...Isn't this collection gorgeous!?

Thanks for the pictures. :smile:

I just remembered that one of the windows at the dDior flagship in paris (av. montaigne) this summer had 3 shoes on display. 2 of them were from the fw rtw collection, and the third one was from this couture collection with obvious signs that they were a bit worn out (from the show i asume). the price of the rtw was written next to their description, and for the couture (which it didnt specify it was haute couture) it said to "ask an SA for the price".

Thanks for posting the photos, Mishahoi! Beautiful, amazing creations and what a treat to see the exhibit and be near them in person! Still fascinated with that collection. :heart:

^Definitely Dior. I'll find a runway picture.

Yea It's Dior Couture from a few years ago, I cant remember exactly, but here are some pictures. AMAZING dress:

Attachments

• 00100.L.JPG
    00100.L.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 00108.L.JPG
    00108.L.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 15
That Dior collection looks much better on the manequins, because now they look more wearble (without all the other distractions of a Dior runway show).

^Ah! Thank you for finding that picture! I must've gotten distracted when I was looking for it. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->