Hedi Slimane - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

I am not questioning the discussion around rumors and I didn't even mention if Hedi will leave Celine or not in the near future.
What I questioned with my original message was the "source" after Cocococo12 said that Hedi "officially left" and "contract ended a couple of weeks ago" because that's not official at all.

Regarding the instagram stories I had mentioned, I am not sure how familiar you are with Hedi working method and how his inner circle moves, but I can assure you that they were there with him (happy to elaborate in private if you are interested) specifically working on Celine SS25 campaign/show.
Hedi had already shot both men and women Winter24 shows 5/6 months ago (specifically in december 2023 for women and in january 2024 for men), those collection were designed in the last 6 months of 2023 (Women Winter 24 press release clearly states it was "designed in july 2023"). It's obvious that Hedi since january had worked on both SS25 collections. He will not create collections if he does not have total control on video presentation, campaign etc Everyone know he is a control freak.
Can you imagine a collection designed by Hedi that will not be presented with his styling and photography? Impossible!
I am not familiar with Hedi's working method or "how his inner circle moves" but even if he left "a couple weeks ago" it's possible he is wrapping up everything with Celine. But you say 10 days ago he was in St. Tropez, are you sure it was for SS25 Celine? Could it be for something else?

I am not familiar with Hedi's working method or "how his inner circle moves" but even if he left "a couple weeks ago" it's possible he is wrapping up everything with Celine. But you say 10 days ago he was in St. Tropez, are you sure it was for SS25 Celine? Could it be for something else?
Typically at his level you leave effective within the same day of ( mutual or not ) agreement to leave, unless SS25 was agreed to be his last and typically he does video of show and all photo material work in all in same time span as documented/mentioned in previous comments.

Assuming as well Hedi as photo photographer has rights to his pictures at Celine, like his Saint Laurent days as soon as he leaves all photographic material usage shot by him will be stopped or end after licence agreement contract ends as agreed prior.

So if allegedly ss25 would be his last season it would be a well planned transition for LVMH, assuming they want Celine to stay in the same vein it is now they would not want a hard change of style if its also that Michael guy from RL coming to Celine.

(disclaimer : everything is say is meant for entertainment purposes only, and not rooted in facts and all stated are alleged and or are my own opinions )

Very excited for Michael Rider to do Celine... if true.
Yes! Let’s be honest, they might just tweak the hard Hedi edges, and make it more palatable. Which is fine with me. Something lighter would do wonders. A bit sad because I like where Hedi was going with the last womenswear collection but whatever.

If Celine reached almost 3B with how closed and limited their communication approach with Hedi it could definitely reach higher when they open it up a bit. They have good foundations and there’s beauty coming.

I think Michael Rider is perfect on paper with Phoebe’s Celine and Ralph Lauren (preppy) on his resume. But I don’t actually think he can do sharp Parisian branding/ high fashion as good as Hedi. His collection for Polo and his personal style, it’s very slouchy and relaxed like 80s Armani.

I think Michael Rider is perfect on paper with Phoebe’s Celine and Ralph Lauren (preppy) on his resume. But I don’t actually think he can do sharp Parisian branding/ high fashion as good as Hedi. His collection for Polo and his personal style, it’s very slouchy and relaxed like 80s Armani.
They don’t need to do sharp Parisian branding anymore. Hedi made it for them.

I wish there was a tag on threads that have a fun fight going on. Like a garbage bag and a fire emoji or something. I hadn't bothered opening this thread in a month and missed so much, sigh. :popcorn:

They have developped a full range of bags, obviously is the bread and butter of the brand, and they won't let a new CD change an iota of them.

anyone else think reviving their monogram was so tacky. maybe it is making good sales for them but everytime i see it just think its coach. or a funny chanel dupe from china.

I asked a simple question and this the only thing you could reply.
Sure, Celine hired 10+ models, Aaron de Mey (Make up artist), Esther Langham (Hairstylist) and also brought all Hedi casting team (I can drop the names of all of them but as you have "official" information you should know them very well) to go to South of France for 10 days just to help Hedi moving out.
You stated something as "official" (without any official source) that gets contradicted by recent facts or actions. As you are telling us that you know a lot, I am sure you could easily explain then what was Hedi doing with the Celine team 9 days ago if his contract expired "a couple of weeks ago" and he "officially left".
Could you please drop the names of HEDI inner circle at CELINE team as I would like to know more.
Thanks in advance

anyone else think reviving their monogram was so tacky. maybe it is making good sales for them but everytime i see it just think its coach. or a funny chanel dupe from china.
That and logo tees. He couldn't miss out on that money on Chinese clientele. If he did it would've been career suicide at Celine. :lol:

50% of the product that is being released under the Celine label these days doesn't bear any resemblance to Hedi's style (the latest menswear show is the most emblematic of that) or would feel at home within the sleek interiors he conceived.

The fashion press considered his turn towards archival Celine fashion of the 60ies and 70ies to be the turning point of his Celine tenure but to me he really risked loosing his identity there. Yes, the house is successful and enjoying revenue growth but at what cost? There is a growing detachment from what is beng shown on the runway and what the brand is selling in reality, it seems to me they downright don't produce a lot of the more fashion-forward propositions or focus on just a few key pieces from the runway that most of the shops (as well as retailers like Mr. Porter) then carry. For a designer so much focussed on creative control, I find it difficult that he let that happen!

They don’t need to do sharp Parisian branding anymore. Hedi made it for them.
Yes but it needs to be maintained in order to be valid for the brand, memory of the Hedi days of the brand can only go so far and i agree with previous comment that Michael is great on paper but his style is very Armani loose deconstructed even nomadic i mentioned as well before layers and and eclectic but preppy approach you see the olsen also do in there daily life.

You can see it in some of the RL shooting he directed the styling had also this sweater or shirt around the waste vibe much like how he dressed at Celine Phoebe years and continued while at RL.

another new mentioned of hedi leaving via person linked/ to Hedi , etc (time will tell of course)

I think logos in general get tacky when overexposed, but it was genius to bring back the triomphe. The market was looking for more abstract, symbolic, less obvious logos like Celine Triomphe and Loewe Anagram (vs Gucci GG/ Fendi FF etc). People still wanted to project their wealth/affiliation but in a less y2k logomania way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghesquiere98
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->