Hedi Slimane - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

A new era begins at Richemont
misstweed
07/07/24
Bos will also likely help the growth of Alaïa which this year did not take part in the fall-winter Haute Couture Fashion Week in Paris. Sources close to Alaïa say the brand recently renewed its contract with designer Pieter Mulier who was interviewed by LVMH to replace Hedi Slimane at Celine, as Miss Tweed reported in April.
Thank god. Mulier would suffer at Celine, especially if he was to act as a following act to Hedi. Also, could you post the full article for us?

Thank god. Mulier would suffer at Celine, especially if he was to act as a following act to Hedi. Also, could you post the full article for us?
Vaccarello was essentially a miniskirt maker overhyped by the Vogue Paris mafia and look at him now. And that was Saint Laurent, which was kind of a beast and a brand that exuded pride. Celine these days basically kneels in front of influencers and k-pop's 13-member bands and takes notes from Alo for their next move lol. There really isn't much suffering involved. Pieter should be fine... his crime is that he's kind of... really boring.

Vaccarello was essentially a miniskirt maker overhyped by the Vogue Paris mafia and look at him now. And that was Saint Laurent, which was kind of a beast and a brand that exuded pride. Celine these days basically kneels in front of influencers and k-pop's 13-member bands and takes notes from Alo for their next move lol. There really isn't much suffering involved. Pieter should be fine... his crime is that he's kind of... really boring.
your gonna hurt some fans... i do have a feeling they somehow hacked an inactive old account.

I just don't think Mulier's sensibility would work for Celine that Hedi created. The Ralph Lauren guy makes much more sense.

If Vacarello is the miniskirt maker, them Hedi is the (skinny) jeans maker, right?

All promoted by the parisian (Charlotte G, Lagerfeld) mafia.

Let's not be reductive, guys.

sure but the article is about Richmond changing of the management etc ...this was the only part about Hedi

It’s quite interesting that all those discussions are rumors and news are still happening while officially, the man is still the Creative Director of the brand, social media content is uploaded, news about the launch of expanded fragrances related products are out, SAs and Store managers are talking…

I’m curious to know then when LVMH is going to release the news of his departure…. if he leaves Celine and if the news wouldn’t be about a reconsideration of his role at the company.

I’m curious to know then when LVMH is going to release the news of his departure…. if he leaves Celine and if the news wouldn’t be about a reconsideration of his role at the company.

You might be on to something here. He’s too entangled with the brand. With him probably done up to SS25 and its collaterals LVMH might not want a repeat of what happened after his Saint Laurent exit. Lawsuits and all. Celine is basically the Hedi Slimane brand people are asking for in all but name. To the point that I won’t be surprised if they’ll retain him but announce a new “creative organization”.

I read somewhere that Peter Utz is staying at CELINE….

Somehow Hedi’s CELINE still in the talks in Paris….

I couldn’t upload the file and I don’t Know why…

You might be on to something here. He’s too entangled with the brand. With him probably done up to SS25 and its collaterals LVMH might not want a repeat of what happened after his Saint Laurent exit. Lawsuits and all. Celine is basically the Hedi Slimane brand people are asking for in all but name. To the point that I won’t be surprised if they’ll retain him but announce a new “creative organization”.
Maybe they hired the guy from RL/Old Celine to operate as a head designer while Hedi remains as a CD. I can’t possibly think that he will touch royalties on fragrances without being tied with the brand.

And while we have had many reports of him leaving, I don’t believe that someone like Hedi would let a social media manager just post on IG without validating it before.

So he may still be involved with the brand.

Polo RL Spring 2024 seems to be the only RTW collection credited to Michael Rider BTW. It's literally called "Spring 2024 Ready to Wear Collection by Michael Rider". These almost feel opposite of Hedi's style, but it's also hard to fully judge his abilities because it's premium mass-market like a J Crew.

scale_1200.jpeg 2073254-800w.jpg 2073255-800w.jpg scale_1200 (1).jpeg

Maybe they hired the guy from RL/Old Celine to operate as a head designer while Hedi remains as a CD. I can’t possibly think that he will touch royalties on fragrances without being tied with the brand.

And while we have had many reports of him leaving, I don’t believe that someone like Hedi would let a social media manager just post on IG without validating it before.

So he may still be involved with the brand.

Reminds me of Raf at CK. He was ‘Chief Creative Officer’ while Pieter was ‘Creative Director’. Might work. I don’t know if he’ll let go of menswear but honestly where’s Lucas Ossendrijver now? He was with him at Dior, no?

Polo RL Spring 2024 seems to be the only RTW collection credited to Michael Rider BTW. It's literally called "Spring 2024 Ready to Wear Collection by Michael Rider". These almost feel opposite of Hedi's style, but it's also hard to fully judge his abilities because it's premium mass-market like a J Crew.

View attachment 1285038 View attachment 1285039 View attachment 1285043 View attachment 1285044

Honestly because Hedi clothes at Celine are basics you could just shoot this in black and white, and make the clothes tighter, the models skinnier and this would fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->