Hedi Slimane - Designer, Creative Director of Celine

Looked up both outfits and I agree with you about both. I wonder if the Celine look was put together by someone at Celine (doesn't look like Hedi's work to me) or by Gaga herself.
Oh sorry for not answering earlier, Celine was in Dior.
LVMH was an official sponsor of the event so they paid for the right to make exclusive contributions through various houses: Dior for some performers (Céline, Gaga, Aya Nakamura, Zaho etc), Vuitton for the French athletes, Brigitte Macron, and the stewards bringing the medals too. Not one single good look, barely passable, but of course Dior held an exhibition of the dresses.
Vuitton for the trunks carrying the Olympic torches.
LVMH did an official campaign with athletes on top of the LV Foundation.
But I did not spot Celine except on Gaga; Celine does not have the same immediate recognition.
The alcohol brands were obviously banned and the other brands not represented.

For the rest of the Olympics (ceremonies), the stylist Daphne Burki had very questionable taste, the most offensive being some Charles de Vilmorin suits.

Found the thread I meant to post in. 😅

Possibly an indication that Hedi's in for at least a few more years...? Why else announce a perfume release this far out?

Who is Hedi's nose ? Where does he get the inspiration ?
"A rebours" is a very specific novel, nothing is happening but it's representative of a quite decadent end-of-century mood, a bit like The Spleen from Baudelaire. It's not very popular.
I know Hedi had open access to Pierre's library, a rare privilege, but it was 15 years ago.

Oh sorry for not answering earlier, Celine was in Dior
I was referring to the image you posted of Lady Gaga wearing Celine clothes. It doesn't look like that outfit was styled by Hedi. I was wondering if that outfit was put together by an assistant stylist at Celine. Or has a Lady Gaga been a face of Hedi's work for so long that Celine can just ask Lady Gaga's agent to have her wear head to toe Celine on a given day and Lady Gaga owns enough Celine pieces by now to just come up with the outfit on her own?

But I did not spot Celine except on Gaga
Slimanophobia.

Usually Gaga wears Celine not styled by Hedi as she mostly used the brand in casual settings. Like in Paris, the shoes were mostly from different brands and the Celine pieces were mostly menswear. If memory serves right she was more into wearing full-look Saint Laurent when Hedi debuted.

She’s a Dior Homme collector so I like that for her.

Announcing a perfume long before it’s out weirds me out like they’re on a contractual clearance.

I was referring to the image you posted of Lady Gaga wearing Celine clothes. It doesn't look like that outfit was styled by Hedi. I was wondering if that outfit was put together by an assistant stylist at Celine. Or has a Lady Gaga been a face of Hedi's work for so long that Celine can just ask Lady Gaga's agent to have her wear head to toe Celine on a given day and Lady Gaga owns enough Celine pieces by now to just come up with the outfit on her own?
most certainly theres some sort of deal but i believe she put the outfit together bc theyre very close friends, he did one her album covers, photographed her latest tour, accepted her invitation to be photographed by karl on vmagazine, they work together quite frequently. she even name dropped hedi in a diss track to cathy horyn and ortenberg lol her hedi slimane archive must be insane

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patda02
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->