Heels for Men

I'd be offended with calling these as "meels." Can't a homme look fabulous without having such horrid terms? Think about it- man-skirt, man-purse, why these terms? Spare a brother, please!

It would be much tougher to make this some kind of legit trend here in the United States. I'm not just talking about New York and Los Angeles, either.

^JESUS CHRIST, THANK YOU. All those "meels"/"murse"/manbag/manskirt and crap like that annoy me so much, there are no words. Can't one just have balls and call it the way it's supposed to be called?! Is it a marketing strategy supposed to make straight guys feel better about buying what's seen as "feminine" items?

Unfortunately I'm a size 43, so it's impossible to find womens shoes.

Heirloom,

As other have said, you look just great. You have really captured an awesome look, and those RO wedges are superb.

Sounds like you need to jump an EasyJet and spend the day shopping on Oxford Street, London. You will find several of the high street shops such as Next, Barratts, Priceless Shoes, Evans goto EU43 and the assistants are very used to men shopping for heels. Look them up online to see if they have any styles you like.

Keep on Rocking that look.

Heirloom, I saw the picture from Post #723. I know this forum is on shoes, but your whole look is amazing. Your hair is absolutely lovely to me! I learned that a size 43 EU shoe size translates to about 12.5 to 13 American shoe size for women and 10 to 10.5 for men. I comfortably wear a 10.5 US or 11 US shoe. If I was SERIOUSLY ambitious, I'd go to a shoe store or shoe section of a retail store and just try on some feminine shoes to see what shoes would fit me and what I could possibly wear to pair with some of my clothes.

Let me go a bit off-topic for a moment before I get to what I really want to say. I guess from my previous comment, I'm just basically reinforcing that there'd be a number of straight guys who feel they'd get caught dead wearing feminine fashions. It just takes confidence and an eye for style to make any look happen. Like, it takes confidence to sport a pair of feminine heels and make a good look for it.

The one thing I never really think about is some of the reasons (besides fashion) is WHY males wear these feminine heels. I never really think about some of the reasons like (as Heirloom said) adding tension, strength, and lines. I just never really think about how come there perhaps aren't as many hommes who wear these heeled shoes.

hfmrock: thanks for the compliment. I will make sure to look out for the stores you suggested. Everywhere I've looked the shoes stop at 40 or 41, and with the ugliest models, maybe 42. I won't sacrifice comfort for beauty, so I wouldn't abuse my feet in a 41, although I can get my feet into them.

John M: i appreciate it. I would've liked to wear more colour, but all the shapes I find are always in a sedated colour scheme, hence why I started making clothes myself. AND heels. You'll see eventually. I'll post in here when I'm done this summer. :wink:
I have been in stores trying shoes on, but the most severe heels are the ones in small sizes, which i can't get into. it sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
In Kuala Lumpur it's almost impossible to find high heel boots for men. Even YSL Johnny boots aren't available. Recently I bought these Geox boots (Yes they are for women) the heel is almost 3".
Geox Boots & Harem Pants_27.jpg

Geox Boots & Harem Pants_36.jpg

Geox Boots_183.jpg

In Kuala Lumpur it's almost impossible to find high heel boots for men. Even YSL Johnny boots aren't available. Recently I bought these Geox boots (Yes they are for women) the heel is almost 3".

Those boots look great. That's the style of boot/heel I now wear, I usually get compliments on them. I too usually just end up getting "womens" boots as the ones made specifically for guys are usually impossible to find, too expensive and I also cant get them in my size (Size 5 UK).

even boots like wellies are hard to find here.. how you wanna look for high heel boots for men here.. i mean in malaysia.. XD .

and people tend to look at you like you are some kind of freak if you wear high heels in malaysia

but i wanna look for a platform! and its hard to find sizes here seriously

I would only wear the jeffrey cambell all black wedges
because they look so amazing...i also like the grey ones with the metal
at the bottom...my friend makes his own wedges and wears them ver often

723 is awesome only a particular kind of man can pull off this look, those that dress more like Price or Ed Cullen otherwise the rest like the men on the previous pages wearing peep toes just look dazed.

lenny kravitz out and about

24025982.jpg

zimbio

depends on the shape that its still gives a manly touch to it imo. great invention if your short!

I saw these guys outside the Galliano show in Paris last week.

PA033685.JPG

Photo credit: Net-a-Nanna.blogspot.com

unless they got to attend, they're just attention whor*s, sorry to say

scratch that

they're whor*ng for attention either way :lol:

The taller guy wearing the leather pant OWNS the heels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->