Helmut Lang A / W 04 Paris

some pieces that I like:

00240f.jpg
00360f.jpg

00480f.jpg
00260f.jpg

I'm not crazy about this collection.....

:shock: i can see both Nicolas G and Sophia K hidden behind those first posted long evening dresses ...

i need to see the whole collection though, everyone seems to be taken by this seasons Helmut (mainly the horse hair/french maid looks)

thanks for the topic ngth :heart:

i dont like what i see so far....but that royal blue coat is amazing

Originally posted by Acid@Mar 5th, 2004 - 3:49 pm
i dont like what i see so far....but that royal blue coat is amazing
ditto :flower:

I don't know about the rest,but Helmut is trying so hard to be romantic but its just not working. It still leaves me feeling rather cold.

I agree about the Sophia and Balenciaga attributes.

I like this a lot. I've been falling in and out with HL's collections. I thought he started out great, then started turning out some uninspired stuff under Prada, now he seems to be back on track.

I second the notion that romance isn't exactly Helmut's strongest suits - he should stick to what he does best. But then again he'd be accused of lacking change and progress if he sent out sleek, stark, sharply tailored androgynous clothes season after season - though I'd be in huge credit card debt if he did exactly just that. :P

I think Prada did a remarkably good job with not interfering with the creative aspect of his business though, after the acquisition. It's been smooth sailing the past few years, unlike what happened at Jil Sander. Bertelli basically slapped himself in the face there (make that twice).

IMHO, Helmut Lang has lost his grip completely. His new collections absolutely suck. The reinvention of the white tee and all that maximal minimalism movement just don't look right.

Originally posted by LibertyRose@Mar 5th, 2004 - 3:01 pm
IMHO, Helmut Lang has lost his grip completely. His new collections absolutely suck. The reinvention of the white tee and all that maximal minimalism movement just don't look right.
hmm-i disagree... :flower:

i don't think you can really tell from the runway shots...i didn't really feel much about s/s 04 when i saw the show, but then, when i went into the store and saw it broken apart into individual pieces and got a look at the design and construction...it was a whole different story...i really had to restrain myself from doing some major credit card damage...i'm still not sure i won't go back...

just like jil sander, i don't think you can really get a feel for the subtle details of helmut's designs from these images...these are clothes you have to touch....you have to look at them inside and out and turn them around and around...

i'm not saying every piece is a winner, but i will wait until i can get a look at this collection firsthand... :flower: :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey+Mar 5th, 2004 - 4:13 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Mar 5th, 2004 - 4:13 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-LibertyRose@Mar 5th, 2004 - 3:01 pm
hmm-i disagree... :flower:

i don't think you can really tell from the runway shots...i didn't really feel much about s/s 04 when i saw the show, but then, when i went into the store and saw it broken apart into individual pieces and got a look at the design and construction...it was a whole different story...i really had to restrain myself from doing some major credit card damage...i'm still not sure i won't go back...

just like jil sander, i don't think you can really get a feel for the subtle details of helmut's designs from these images...these are clothes you have to touch....you have to look at them inside and out and turn them around and around...

i'm not saying every piece is a winner, but i will wait until i can get a look at this collection firsthand... :flower: :heart: [/b][/quote]
I would like to add that (at least for me) this goes for pretty much any designer. It's one thing to look at photos, but the ultimate preview is to see the clothes. That's why I take a store tour at the beginning of each season.

I dunno, I've been liking HL lately. He is good at what he does. He strayed away from his style for a while, that's when I lost interest, but it looks like he is back on track. The clothing has a certain edge, the accesseries ROCK, and still the best jeans line out there (unless you can squeeze yourself into Hedi's jeans :innocent: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->