Help me name the collection! ASAP!

Luna

offline.
Reaction score
Help me come up with a name for our final collection. I've(along with my two friends who i'm working with) been like wracking my brain for the past 3 months.. and I know there are tons of creative people on this forum...

I need a name ASAP!!!

Our inspirations were 1920s', Art Deco.. stuff like that...

The materials are:
mustard calfskin, bronze metallic calfskin, teal lambskin, gold hardware, gold knotted chain detailing, teal tulle

Some of the leather is ruched as you can see in the pics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

(cape, bag, boot, boot, corset)

Attachments

• cape1.jpg
    cape1.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 11
  • hobo2.jpg
    hobo2.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 14
  • boots.jpg
    boots.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 6
  • boots2.jpg
    boots2.jpg
    263 KB · Views: 10
  • corset.jpg
    corset.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 8
  • seniorproject.jpg
    seniorproject.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by a moderator:
what's your target age group...?

i'm so bad at this..but i will try to think of something...
:flower:

I haven't even thought of a target group... This is just a name for our collection that will be shown at FIT exhibition.. and since we're dressing two mannequins in our stuff... it will look stupid if it's just "untitled" ... I'm assuming our age group would be from 25-35 I guess.

how about 'nouveaux'...meaning 'new'...and also from that same period as art deco...

like art nouveaux....may be too hard to spell and pronounce...:unsure:

I actually like that idea... I'll pass on all of the ideas to my two friends to see what they think! Thanks for the input softie! :smile: Keep 'em coming if you've got anything else. :wink: I dunno what they're gonna like, ya know? :D

alright..i'll keep thinking...
loving the behind the scenes peek...btw...:heart:...
so cool!!...

The mannequins in the drawing look as if they're waiting for a train to speed (in a sense) off to Paris. What about Deco Voyage? or Voyage Géométrique (geometric travel).

how about : Prototype
Or
Reap what you Sew!!! My personal Fave
Or
au courant

neoteric

dexterity

Last edited by a moderator:
Luna is there a name that you are leaning towards do you have a direction you want to go in?

Nouveau is good... But I think my two co-horts might want to lean towards a non-foreign word...
Neoteric is good too, but I think people will kinda be like "Huh?" to that.

I looked up Elegance in the thesaurus and one of the words it gave was "restraint"... All I could come up with was Modern Restraint... but I'm not in love with it.

I was hoping to come up with something catchy.. like a play on words... but I can't think of anything good..I've been coming up with lame stuff.

A little more about our collection.... one mannequin is dressed in daytime stuff.. the other is meant to be night-time. Maybe this will help.

Oooh, I absolutely love the whole theme. The cape is so cute!:heart: Here are my suggestions:

Fin-de-siecle (with the accent on the last word, which I can't type in properly- pardonnez-moi)
flora et fauna
Zelda Sayre (Mrs. F. Scott Fitzgerald)
Flavia
Sable
Hyacinth
Salome
Percival

I like the croquis you chose to show these designs.

I'll throw these into the mix for you to mix 'n match...I see the boots and I think of...

Jazz Age Moderne
Greta Garbo's Gotta Go

I'm not much at naming things either...

In keeping with the 1920's/art deco motif:

Victims of the Jazz Age
Flapper's Revenge
Flapper Chic
Before Black Monday (you know... the stock market crash...)
Speakeasy
Remnants of the Lost Generation

Okay... that's all I can think of now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magfag
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->