Hermès Cruise 2025 New York

Vogue tags this as "Cruise 25", but Hermès called it "FW24 - 2nd Chapter". It's a very different collection, so I gave it its own thread.

Now Hermès also doing Cruise shows around the world?? Groundbreaking...

PS. The show and the collection are very late 80s clubbing. Mel & Kim spending all their money on expensive crap:

Last edited:
I love the colors inspired in NYC nightlife/lifestyle. More “newyorker” than Helmut Lang lazyness

The cast is very Gaultier for Hermes…
The collection reminds me of Gaultier FW2007 collection for Hermes actually.

And there’s something very Carlyne Cerf in the styling.

I kind of like it. I like the jumpsuits! And I love the plume and the other big bag.

The colors are still terrible and I find her work too stiff, too contrived for Hermes.

But this is a collection that will interest me enough to go to the store.

Now Hermès also doing Cruise shows around the world?? Groundbreaking...

PS. The show and the collection are very late 80s clubbing. Mel & Kim spending all their money on expensive crap:

Hmmm. I remember a Pepsi & Shirley. I remember a Joy & Joyce, but I don't remember a Mel & Kim.

Anyways, I hope that Hermes doesn't start doing Cruise & Resort shows. They're perfectly fine the way they are now, IMO.

hope Hermes wasnt related to the crazy "collectors" who invented "the game". Love going in the stores to browse through their RTW. Always find some nice things (menswear). I just feel they never compromise quality.

This cast was stunning - super retro NYC. The styling was great as well.

hope Hermes wasnt related to the crazy "collectors" who invented "the game". Love going in the stores to browse through their RTW. Always find some nice things (menswear). I just feel they never compromise quality.
I wish there was a same sense of reality in the womenswear. The Hermes man exist. He works, he has an active life…
The Hermes woman is still undefined to me, when I think Hermes should be the place to go for fabulous essentials…Something like a Car coat lined with one of their iconic prints. An approach a la Slimane.

Even the way the models carries their bags should not be this « fashion » at Hermes.

I wish there was a same sense of reality in the womenswear. The Hermes man exist. He works, he has an active life…
The Hermes woman is still undefined to me, when I think Hermes should be the place to go for fabulous essentials…Something like a Car coat lined with one of their iconic prints. An approach a la Slimane.

Even the way the models carries their bags should not be this « fashion » at Hermes.
The menswear does have a "fashion" element to it and it can be quite strong at times, but it's always within the lines of "The Hermes Man", The Hermes woman doesn't have any lines. Maybe that's due to the simple fact that Nichanian is the Lagerfeld of Hermes.

yeah the hermes woman doesnt exactly know what she wants, but she knows she wants it in leather 😂 i think theyre too scared to go too active or too dressy so theyre always somewhere in between.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iaydr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->