Hermès Mens F/W 09.10 Paris

Crying Diamonds

Geometric Discharge
Reaction score
January 24, 2009
Véronique Nichanian treads softly but carries a great big stick, courtesy of a company that continues to post downturn-defying results. Her menswear is subtle to the point that one wondered at the necessity of showing it, with fanfare, in the high-security UNESCO building last thing on a Saturday night. Then a nubuck crocodile coat swanned by, and such doubts were suspended.

There is a perverse little flame burning in Nichanian's bosom. Navy and charcoal are the refuges of the trad Hermès man, the BCBG gent who would as soon be caught naked on the Champs Élysées as wearing the wrong tie. While Hermès still services such a customer, Nichanian has carved herself a quirky niche in the new luxury world. The accent colors she chose for Fall were tomato red and an acid yellow, which trooped out in a cabled turtleneck, gabardine trousers, and as a whoosh of nylon in a raincoat and a voluminous parka. But the yellow was always shown in partnership with something much more sober—a charcoal double-breasted suit, say, or something in navy. And the raincoat also appeared in khaki and red, two colors with a long track record of complementing each other. Nichanian's khakis had a distinctly military edge this season, which—again—suggested she is sneaking little messages under the luxury radar. Maybe even the Hermès man will need to fight for his frills.
— Tim Blanks [at men.style]

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg
00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

style

gorgeous and perfect for MEN .... as usual ....

i think this is absolutely ridiculous and inappropriate comment :
Her menswear is subtle to the point that one wondered at the necessity of showing it, with fanfare, in the high-security UNESCO building last thing on a Saturday night.

tim blanks ... my god .....

Some of this is gorge, the first look, the knits, the trousers....why she chose to put hideous plastic raincoats in the lineup is beyond me. They look about as luxurious as the ponchos that they sell in amusement parks when the whether goes bad.

The colors remind me of a less sporty Lacoste collection. Not that it's bad; I'm liking the perfect-fitting basics with the odd red sock or yellow pants here and there.

Nothing new, but really nice. I would wear almost everything.

Hermes man is so smart, chic, and elegant.
Me :heart: this collection

What a surprise. For the first time LV and Hermes have shaped up with collections that don't bore me to death. This calls for a toast.

Just what I've expected! I'm so pleased with this collection (apart of hating a few looks). :smile: No matter what people say but this is truly one of the best menswear collection of the season - full of items I'd be willing to pay for .... a lot ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marianaluciatorres134
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->