Hermès... The All-Things Hermès Handbags Thread

that is not pitiful ; they are fabulous!
I think I have the same shoes you have on in your photo also.

Thanks BLL!!:heart:^_^

Yes, our shoes... so cute but I really thought they'd be a lot more comfortable! It's taking forever for me to break them in. I haven't been wearing them enough but still..arrggh. They're better now but I still wouldn't grab them if I planned on walking very far.

Thanks Grill and Laboheme!
Your collection is drool worthy, I really like your vib and Kelly.

If you compare me to some H fans, I have a tiny collection 2 H bags, 2 scarf rings and scarves and some scent, belts and twillys - planning on getting a bangle, I would not want to feel I have to buy things in order to get a bag, I suppose based on where we are, we have a slightly easier struggle than others.

Oh, BLL, yours and Ozzy Rouge H Birkins are the reason after my black, I am going to plot to get a rouge H clemence 40 or 35cm most probably just in time for the olympics in 2012, I am not kidding!

laboheme - I totally sympathise with your experiences on the "other" forum. I read the stuff but rarely post. Sometimes it all gets too serious. I especially enjoy reading some of the more vomit inducing posts detailing the need to cultivate and nuture your "H" relationship by sending little thank you notes to your SA and acquiring "rainbows" of matching leather post-it holders!

Hello all! Have not posted here in years! I do come and lurk every once and a while. Grill, you hit is right on the nose! All that stuff really is vomit inducing! How can they take themselves so seriously?

Laboheme, your collection is simply lovely! Why is it taking so long to have a strap made? Didn't you write a thank you note and bring candy to your SA? :lol: That is emblematic of what is ridiculous with this company. Make them wait and they will think it is worth even more!

Laboheme, it took almost two years for my canvas strap to come in. I ordered it the day I bought the bag. It seemed simple enough, black croc tabs, and an extra long strap. Oh well, it got here.^_^

Grill, I have those same annoying white dots all over a togo bag. It drives me nuts. I was thinking about bringing it in this week. I'm not looking forward to being without it if it's such a nightmare to fix.

Hi Jane, nice to see you and your sense of humor!

Hi Cameo et al.

I'm kind of p'ed off at the mo with the old H. I picked up my graphite clemence kelly just last week and while in the store it looked pretty much pristine, when I got it back I was so peeved to still see traces of the original glue mark! Its such an annoyance that after 2 spa visits its still not perfect... I called and said I would wait a little to see if the marks grew worse and return with it a little later. I hate the fact that its not perfect and its not my fault - I only bought the bag in Sept and have only carried it a handful of times at most!

I really sympathise with you Cameo - these marks however small are irritating! I am also concerned that all the rubbing to remove the marks will somehow ruin the grain of the leather.

Grill you have every right to be peeved. At this price point, one does not expect to see glue marks! They must be more obvious because of the dark color of the leather. Are these the same marks in the same place that keep coming back? For better or worse, I am the adventurous type and I would try a product on the bag called GOO BE GONE. It is used to remove sticky stuff from any surface without harming the surface. Available at grocery stores here in US. That or even some
Meltonian
lotion on a Q-tip to try and remove. I don't think it is a question of rubbing the leather very hard, but more of dissolving the residue of the glue on the leather. Just a thought...

Hi Cameo! (JT waving)

i also have an issue with my black togo :(
it has what seems a white paint (?) mark coming down from the closing clasp and i am sure it didnt touch anywhere :unsure:
so ive been meaning to take it in but cant part without it!! i guess i have no choice. maybe i can reserve a new bag while i am there!

i also have an issue with my black togo :(
it has what seems a white paint (?) mark coming down from the closing clasp and i am sure it didnt touch anywhere :unsure:
so ive been meaning to take it in but cant part without it!! i guess i have no choice. maybe i can reserve a new bag while i am there!

Could that be glue as well? The quality control on new bags is awful. Too many new craftsman and too fast. I have seen some of the worst sloppy stitching. This is all making me a fan more and more of vintage bags. Of course vintage is anything older than 2005 :rolleyes:

Yup, same type of marks, tiny little circular dots of white against the chocolate togo, embedded in the grain in some places. Looks like I either scraped it against a white wall or splattered a latte on it. Of course I did not do either of those things! I've tried a q-tip with leather cleaner, plain warm water, scraped it gently with a toothpick, leather wipes, and the tiniest bit of goof off. Not all at once! All scared me, none worked. Actually the water made it disappear for about an hour then they slowly came back. Nothing ruined the leather or took off the brown which was a relief. I'm going to bring it in, it's just my most used bag and haven't wanted to be with out it.

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow when I take it in.....:innocent:

Thanks BLL!!:heart:^_^

Yes, our shoes... so cute but I really thought they'd be a lot more comfortable! It's taking forever for me to break them in. I haven't been wearing them enough but still..arrggh. They're better now but I still wouldn't grab them if I planned on walking very far.

yes they are uncomfortable; the area under the buckle rubbed my feet I haven't worn them since the first time

Oh, BLL, yours and Ozzy Rouge H Birkins are the reason after my black, I am going to plot to get a rouge H clemence 40 or 35cm most probably just in time for the olympics in 2012, I am not kidding!

Rouge H is fabulous; I love it and need to use it more. I am working on something in raisin next...coming soon. I think I may be done after that. I need to stop buying bags and buy some new furniture! One H bag could furnish one room :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
my marks are not just circular but quite big and long.
i also tried water which makes it go for a few minutes and then they reappear :(

BlkLadyLaw: I totally understand what you mean. I bought a pair of goatskin loafers with the H in a circle (dotted holes), wore them once and ended up bleeding on the back of my foot and had the H sign imprinted on my foot when I took them off. Even their flip flops (orange!) are heavy and pretty uncomfortable!

leyla_M - Hi Leyla! Sounds like the glue problem... white marks, streaks, lines, spots...it's all the same stuff. They disappear when you wet the area only to reappear when dry..it's a real pain in the a*s. The problem is that this glue is invisible when applied and remains as such until exposed to air/use, that's why these bags are not being recalled by quality control.

Cameo - let me know what happens with your bag. Glad to know no damage was done. never use a product with alcohol though as I learned to my cost...

Is your bag a "K" stamp too? I would be very disappointed if it was manufactured later as I was told that this manufacturing problem had been resolved as they are now applying the glue under a special light which allows them to see if the glue has gone anywhere it shouldn't! It is a problem with the clemence and togo bags - for me togo birkin and the clemence kelly - I'm not sure if it has effected any other of the leathers?

Jane - thanks for your kind advice. As I am not in the US I am not familiar with the glue removing product. However, I do know Meltonian! However, having irrepairably damaged the handle of one of my "H" bags with an alcohol wipe and leather cleaner (eek!) I am just going to let Hermes handle these marks. I too think that quality has suffered in the brand's haste to expand and these experiences do make me think twice about ordering more.

grill,

hello:smile:
so what do i need to tell them at the shop? will they pay for cleaning?? :unsure:
or do i need to shell out another 250 Euros and wait over a month for a clean?
:(

Leyla, I don't think you should pay anything. Glue on a bag is a production error and you should not be penalized and have to pay for something that Hermes did when making the bag. I think you need to be firm about this.

Grill, just want to add that you might try a Google search for the product or something similar. Just for my own information, I did a search to see what other remedies were out there. I was shocked to see nail polish remover and alcohol as suggestions!!! No way should anyone use those things!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Hi Leyla:flower:

No you will not have to pay - your bag isn't ready for a "full" spa service yet? - its simply a case of removing the marks. Just show the SA the white marks and explain how they have simply "appeared" on your birkin. If your SA is upfront and experienced, she/he will be familiar with this "problem" and will tell you about all the other customers who've had to get their bags cleaned -as this has been a problem with a lot of togo/clemence bags since beginning of 07. Hopefully, they will try and rush the job through.

I'm currently in Paris and the turn around for me was pretty fast. I am still slightly concerned that after the 2nd cleaning the marks are ghosting up again!:shock: However, unless they become very apparent, I plan to hold off bringing my bag in again until I have a buyer for my apartment and know when I will be leaving town (hopefully, in the not too distant future!). I don't know whether or not they can clean in-house in London or any of their other stores or whether all bags need to be sent to the Paris atelier for this.

Please do let me know what your date stamp is? :flower: thanks!

thanks jane and grill,
the stamp says L
i really need to take it in. maybe tomorrow?

Hmm... so I've been thinking of buying a Birkin for a while now, and thought I'd go the consignment/second-hand (but not eBay) route to save some money and save the trouble of wait lists and all. A reputable consignment store here in NYC had the exact bag I wanted - 30cm in the lighter blue color (I think it's called blue jean, but don't quote me on that), but the price was $8000. That seemed rather close to retail price, but I'm not sure, since I've never bought a Birkin and don't know what retail price is. The sales person assured me it was a "bargain." Is she pulling my leg? I mean, if the retail price is close to $8000, may as well wait a while and get my own brand new one, no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->