Lady Dior

I like the black studded ones, but that's about all.

The newer Lady Dior eastwest bag is rocking!
-
p10603307_ph_hero.jpg
p10603286_ph_hero.jpg

Ooooh, the EastWest style is rather nice.

For me, the Lady Dior is always a little too fusty. The shape makes it almost solely an "old lady" bag, as someone else said. I don't think the Lady Dior can transcend generations as well as the Birkin or Chanel's 2.55.

Lady Dior is a classic bag named after a glamorous yet tragic woman; Princess Diana (nee Lady Diana Spencer). I think that alone will give it "legs" over the years just as the "Kelly" from Hermes continues to have legs in part due to the glamour of the woman it was named after; Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco. Tody I see more Hermes Kelly bags on the upper East Side than Birkin. I hardly see Birkin's in real life. :lol:

As far as it looking too "grandma-ish" I think the person carrying the bag determines the look of any bag. Some women have the finesse and flair to make bags workand look fab. I personally detest all Balenciaga bags having examined them upclose. To me they look like S&M "bag lady" travel bags. :cry: But there are some of you can make that bag really work for you. It all depends on the individual.

don't like the EastWest style at all :sick:

no offense but I see all those cheap-looking, badly made bags in that shape :ninja:

Originally posted by Pradaromance12@Jun 30 2004, 01:04 AM
i kind of like the grandma vibe of the Lady Dior bags :unsure: :heart:
[snapback]300667[/snapback]​

hehe me too :heart: :flower:

I have always liked the Lady Dior bags and agree too that they are timeless and classic. I also agree that not everyone can carry a bag like this, shape wise imo. :flower:

I agree with the fact that there are many cheap looking bags in this shape. I'm not too keen on this, I prefer the shape of the classic Lady Dior. I have seen younger women carry this bag and with the right outfit it can look very chic, I'm a great fan of the posh and vintage look, but given a young groovy edge. I love all those dark leather vintage clutch and frame bags, and the Kelly is top of the class. I think the Lady Dior is in the same league as the Chanel 2.55. The Chanel and the Dior both became popular in the power-dressing 80s, there's always been a bit of competition between them I think.

I think it would be nice to see the origianal Lady Dior created with a little twist. I think maybe a slimmer North-South Lady Dior would work well. I'm not too sure about these east-west shapes, they do look like the kind of bags you see in the big sale section in a department store, where all the rummaging takes place!

I'm sure they'll sell like hot cakes, though! :P

Craig :heart:

I got a Lady Dior in 1999. It's a classic black one with silver hardware. It was my first real "designer bag". I think it was $1200 when I got it...don't know what they are now. I love it, but I don't carry it at all any more because it's very petite and I prefer larger bags nowadays. I often think I should sell it as it just sits in its dust cover, unloved!! My husband says it's too small and "toylike" for me (I'm 5'10").

Anyway, I agree that it is a very elegant, sophisticated handbag!

i will always love the lady dior :heart:

i can understand what you're talking about, amp--the lady d is a pretty petite bag, even in the larger version, it's only about 10x11" or something. in the 80s there was a large 'briefcase' version for the office, it was gorgeous but has of course been discontinued.

dior recently did a large shopper tote version of the lady dior similar to the briefcase from the 80s..... about 16x12" and it looks great--really true to the original lady dior design, nothing really was changed. but my only gripe with it was that it's an open top which can be annoying. personally i'd need a bag with a zip on the top.

the lady dior shopper tote is $1390-- it was on eluxury but it disappeared all of a sudden... guess it sold out :unsure:

edit-- managed to scrounge up the pics :innocent:

p10827415_ph_hero.jpg
p10827415_ph_detail_01.jpg

eluxury

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back