Hermès S/S 2020 Paris

Bonnie Cashin mixed with Prada F/W 1998 panel coats and dresses.

Some of these would pass off as disposable clothes that you fold and throw into a bin at the end of your spa day.

i don't see it as wholly negative. there are some good pieces here. sure, it could be pared down; sure, there could be more innovation. but i've seen worse.

Because she is trying too hard the whole experimentation thing. Hermès, like Tod’s needs to be about simple pieces that are timeless and hyper luxurious...
For me the right approach for Hermès is an elevated out of the world version of « real clothes »...Think more of the approach Hedi has with Celine but in super luxurious fabrics and clean lines or Louis Vuitton FW2000.

The Hermès customer is drawn by the bags and the clothes needs to complement those bags. They are selling a ton of silk foulards and stuff. There’s something very easy and timeless about that and this RTW doesn’t reflect it.

obviously there are some beautiful pieces i loved the music and the show itself but like said above it does feel 10 years out of date.

Because she is trying too hard the whole experimentation thing. Hermès, like Tod’s needs to be about simple pieces that are timeless and hyper luxurious...
For me the right approach for Hermès is an elevated out of the world version of « real clothes »...Think more of the approach Hedi has with Celine but in super luxurious fabrics and clean lines or Louis Vuitton FW2000.

The Hermès customer is drawn by the bags and the clothes needs to complement those bags. They are selling a ton of silk foulards and stuff. There’s something very easy and timeless about that and this RTW doesn’t reflect it.
Completely agree.

Her clothes are very sterile and humorless. I certainly don’t mean for the clothes to be jokey...but I think what Gaultier did worked so well for the house because the the branding for Hermès is always playful and imaginative and romantic. His collections were so refined, but the clothes were actually very easy, very cozy, very rich.

This woman’s Hermès lacks completely any personality. These clothes don’t say a single thing about anything. Nor do I think the Hermès woman even dresses this way...it’s not classic enough.

I feel bad for this model. It's not easy to pull off a couture potato sack.

AK3k96cJ_t.jpg

vogue

Okay, her time is up. She tries so hard to experiment but it lacks the most important part of Hermes, the finest material.

Hermes, at the end is all about luxury. It's not the opulence lifestyle. It's the luxury of live that lives the very finest life. The idea of fine clothing like fine dining. What makes the menswear very successful at the house is because Veronique understands the clientele very well. She experiments with the fabrications and use them on simple yet refined silhouette. The Hermes men live their regular live but in finest clothing exceptionally cut with precise detail and luxurious material with unique sense of color. The womenswear lack all of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->