Heroin Chic

dancingellecat

Reaction score
...pictures, definitions, anything to help me (and some others) understand what heroin chic is. I just read about it, something Bill Clinton said.

So any definitions, pictures, are greatly appreciated.:flower:

Bubba was just expressing his more-to-love preference in women.

Exhibit A
fat_monica.jpg

think kate moss during her early days, ultra flat, ultra skinny...basically looking like your on heroin

i was too young during that time to really know what it looks like so anybody with pics of kate's early days would help. Wether or not it was really that skinny or wether its just the same as today i dont know.

There were a few thing synonymous with heroin chic. One was the makeup, it was very dark eyes, pale skin, almost dirty looking but not quite.
00008.L.JPG
00069.L.JPG

Then of course, the body of heroin chic was, as your best friend said, very skinny. Small breasts, kind of frail looking....just very skinny and gaunt.
00058.L.JPG

00134.L.JPG

00007.L.JPG

Kate moss infamously started the "waif" look when she came on the scene in the early 90's, which grew into the heroin chic trend of the early to mid nineties......
d7ef71e9.jpg

Calvin%20Klein--Kate%20Moss%20as%20androgenous%20nude--various%2091.jpg

Kate%20Moss%202.jpg

Honestly I don't think Kate Moss was all that much skinnier back when she started then she is now. She was really young when she first came out so her body probably developed more, but she's still skinny, it's just how she's built.

the name heroin chic basically came from the drugged out appearence of the models. It originally started at the same time as the grunge movement in music, which was also very dark and seedy so the two trends really worked together, but heroin chic outlasted grunge by a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
as unhealthy an image as the whole "heroin chic" thing portrayed, there definitely was something sexy about the dirty, drugged-out, party, skinny, something of it all. very unique, and edgy.

I agree, I always really liked it somehow......it appeals to me way more then the supermodel glamazons of the day.

i don't like the look that much, bit scary

i don't reckon kate moss is the slightest bit skinny compared to the really slim girls i see around school. They aren't anorexic they are just built that was, just like kate.

does herion really make u skinny? is that why people take it?

acester said:
i don't like the look that much, bit scary

i don't reckon kate moss is the slightest bit skinny compared to the really slim girls i see around school. They aren't anorexic they are just built that was, just like kate.

does herion really make u skinny? is that why people take it?

usually people use coke to become skinny, but heroin is "supposed" to be a one hit drug where you take it once, and your stuck with it forever...depending on the person of course..heroin also has worst effects..if i remember correctly

Yes, it makes most people really skinny - because they stop caring about anything but heroin. I'm talking addicts now, of course, not the party snorting.

But I hardly think that's why ppl do it :wink:

This is a pic from Am Elle 1993 - I don't know who the model is but it's kind of a low key version of heroin chic. Broad smile, hanging eyes, listless and pale complexion.

Attachments

• american_elle_august_1993__unk__mark_borthwicksm.jpg
    american_elle_august_1993__unk__mark_borthwicksm.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 99
that last Kate Moss ad Spike posted, where she's sitting topless with jeans on looks altered to me. i dont recall her spine being that prominent in the original pic? the area over her back looks kind of warped or skewed or something :huh:

eternity you know wat...ur rite...it does look ********:unsure: :shifty:

Kate Moss was the original heroin chic. With the exception of the Calvin Klein ad that was posted on this thread where her spine looked very prominent, she was much less scary in terms of frailty and boniness as compared to the models who followed after her during the period of this trend.

I don't think it was a good trend. Even though I adore Kate Moss, I still think it started anorexia as we know it today. :(

kate moss, gia in her later years, jodie...when i was younger and didnt know what heroin chic was i actually loved the look but now nadda...

wasent James King like specifically pointed out as the look "of Heroin Chic by bill clinton. after her (then) bf David Sorrenti died from an OD? and then she quit heroin i have pictures that he took of james but i have no way of uploading them cause my 30 day trial is up and i just dont understand how to do the attachment thing. maybe i can still find them online...

ok i was unable to find the pictures online

I'm not too keen on the Heroin Chick look. it creeps me out. they all look as if they'd snap if you poke them. we have a girl like that in school... scary.

ok i figured it out

oh and the matsuda wasent shot by David Sorrenti i have no idea who the phtographer is. it's just a good example of heroin chic. but the first 4 are all david sorrenti

Attachments

• James220.jpg
    James220.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 1,498
  • Sleeping.jpg
    Sleeping.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 195
  • Popcorn1.jpg
    Popcorn1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,610
  • 160sorre.jpg
    160sorre.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 191
  • MATSUDA001.jpg
    MATSUDA001.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 1,443
sunshine daisy said:
I'm not too keen on the Heroin Chick look. it creeps me out. they all look as if they'd snap if you poke them. we have a girl like that in school... scary.

Err yeah..there should be a limit. Sometimes I just feel bad for the girls cos they really look incredibly fragile and just..:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->