How do you dress "heroin Chic/grungy"?

Hye Park Lover

Reaction score
I love dressing grungy-ly, but right now I'm going through a dresser's-block (like writer's-block:doh: It's possible, proven by me:shock: ) and I'm running out of innovative ways to dress heroin-chic-ly and I find that I'll just essentially wearing the same things over and over. So I need a little help. What do you think is the key to dressing heroin-chic? Any ideas on ways on how to look so?:innocent: Please post some pictures too!

-Distressed, dirty shirts...tees, cowboy shirts, anything with a stain on it :wink:
-Corduroy pants
-Hip slung vintage jeans
-mohair sweaters, or just any worn looking, fuzzy sweater...cashmere is good for a luxurious interpretation of this look.
-really beat up white sneakers
-chain smoking cigarettes

even though it's become a cliche, i love this look...I think Michael Pitt pulls it off extremely well, and makes it look authentic. It can make the wrong people look like they're trying too hard, however. Goes best preferably on tall, lanky, brooding types.

Thanks!

Is there such a thing as fashionable heroin-chic? Like heroin-chic, but this season lol? Although it would really clash with this season's womanly trend :D

Fashionable heroin chic? I think if you mean in terms of high fashion stylings, Dior Homme and Number (N)ine this season could fit into that category. It's a very fine line to tread though, because with 'fashionable' grunge, there's a tendency for doing literal copies of what actual street kids wear and selling it for high fashion prices (e.g. thrift store quality sold for couture prices)...i am having a hard time imagining how one can further develop this look as it's already so commonplace, and the only way i can think of is going back to that concept of using luxurious materials/finishes to garments, giving them that twist that separates designer from thrift store finds.

^ Thankyou for your detailed replies :D Karma for you. And Kate Moss has demonstrated perfectly how women can wear Dior Homme and still look kick-*** (although not everyone has a face to match hers)

I think a little bit of andogyny can do wonders for women trying to look grungy. But you have to be careful.

Jennifer, thankyou for the links :D I never seem to be able to get the right results when i do a search:doh:

I love the short babydoll-dress and black boots (don't know the word but surely you get what I mean) look.

Just imagine youa re addicted to drugs and you have no money and live in squat. What would you wear then? :wink:

haha Spacemiu that's a very good way of putting it. You're a genius (and i mean that very sincerely).

Things that make you look lanky. Kind of goth. Nothing tucked in or only partly tucked in. Dark colors, maybe matte fabrics and muted tones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->