Herve Leger - back on the fashion radar

The photo with the models walking past eachother is wonderful. I love both dresses.

Does Herve Leger has (sorry I dunno if it's a he or she) his/her own label or does he/she just designs for fashion houses?

leger's work is pretty amazing.

i never understood why investor's would be so cunningly evil to want to OWN someone's name... it's like stealing someone's identity. it's horrible...

No, it's because they want a name w/ clout in order to peddle thier crappy wares, haha...Id do the same...

Anyway, Lindsay Lohan was wearing vintage Leger the other day, what a travesty, looked like she was smuggling challa bread.

^ I saw that and I was MORTIFIED.....:sick:

I LOVE Herve ..... I have been collecting little pieces here and there for years. His little banded dresses (the original Couture label from the early 90s, not the new corporate Made in Hong Kong pieces of crap) are so amazing...I can't explain it any better than, they make you feel like a woman!

Christopher Kane is an effing joke. Proenza's Léger-alike pieces were much less offensive to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Christopher Kane is an effing joke. Proenza's Léger-alike pieces were much less offensive to me.

I completely agree with you. Christopher's were very inspired, with added lace, buckles, shoestrings, and bling added for good measure.

has anyone seen the band dress rihanna wore? i'm not sure if it was leger. it looked like the top on page 2 on the proenza runway. but in dress form. hmm.

herve has moved on he does private stuff for clients like Alaia and Mizrahi; he's one of those designers that i don't see being mass market or building a brand empire, he's too concerned about aking clothes.

Gosh, I loved Leger and Mugler back in the day. Now all we need is Claude Montana and we're back in the late 80's early 90's again...

I'd too love to see so much *so so MUCH* Claude back in the business, *sigh* unfortunately it's bit impossible for him to do the comeback, not because of selling away the brand, but because of burning his brains on narcotics. :( But nevertheless he's one definitely a designer that'd get my ''two cents'' if ever returned, other would be H. Lang.

the social class of the new york elite must have raided the herve leger stocks for the most recent whitney gala. and, may i say, they have never looked better. forget cristobal balenciaga, when a woman comes to herve leger he GIVES THEM a body....

Models wearing Herve Leger in:
Making Choices, Taking Chances
Elle (US) September 1993
Photography by Gilles Bensimon
bwgreyscale

Since her debut, R&B star Rihanna has consistently been one to watch on the red carpet. And the fashion world has taken note—notably Zac Posen, who put her front row at his last runway show and has dressed the singer for several events. Her choice of gown for last night's BET Awards was spot-on: In a sea of over-the-top metallic, animal-printed, and micro-mini dresses, Rihanna stood out in this elegant strapless number from Hervé Léger, which she played up not with excessive bling but with her own natural beauty.
source: style.com

pics source:rihannaweb.org

i loved rihanna at the BET awards. one of the standout outfits, i'd say. when i first posted the pics on the rihanna thread -- i thought it was herve. =]

So how much do these dresses run for now? I mean alot of celebs can easily get their hands on it, so where are they selling the bandage dresses?

^ Your best bet is to try vintage shops, eBay...

But Herve Leger was bought out by BCBG group and there are several boutiques around the world selling reproductions of his old designs from the archives. DO NOT buy those!! They are awful quality, made in Hong Kong. You can definitely tell when someone is wearing Hong Kong Leger, and the real deal. It's sick!

The real deal dresses from the late 80's/early 90's (under "Leger Couture" label) easily sell for for 1500-2000+++ base price (from there, the sky's the limit)

I was lucky enough to purchase several of his designs when Herve was still a relatively new designer in Paris (around 88-92) and I cherish them so much! There is nothing that can compare to wearing Herve Leger. The bands are simply amazing... I just can't tell you what they do for the body. They hold you in, and the dresses do not shift on the body at all.

All of these copycats that are coming out (did anyone mention Costume National from a few seasons back?? They did a 100% copy of one of his dresses :yuk:), while flattering since they obviously look up to the man, are at the same time insulting and disgusting. They cannot compare to the quality and craftsmanship of true Leger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syncvogue
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->