Hipster Street Style

the guy with the skateboard in the first set of pics is JIM GRECO, just a professional skateboarder who used to be a huge herione junky and for a long time went out of the way to be overtly PUNK. not at all a hipster. same with the two other skateboarders pictured on this page. theyre not hipsters they what is loosley refered to as skateboarders.

Wow! At first i didn´t recognize Chloe Sevigny
She looks great with long blond hair!!:flower:

Attachments

• messinadress_9958.jpg
    messinadress_9958.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 15
OMG!

Its official and confirmed ... now I know all of my friends and me are hipsters ....

I mean ... its like looking at our online photo albums ... hum ... weird!

I love how people seem to have this obsession with style taxonomies. "Let's sort these kids out: this one goes to the 'scene' pile, this one to the 'hipster' pile..." No matter how hard you try to classify people according to their style, the moment you think you've got them defined, they've moved on to something else and you're left with definitions that applied for about five minutes at one point in history :blush:

They are so stylish! Thanks for all this pics! But i would like to know what is the diferent between hipster and scenester?

'Hipsters' and 'scensters' are the same thing, people just seem to be sing scene label for hipsters at parties.

hipsters are like the hippies of now, and scenesters are like the people of disco era.

I like both styles, but it seems that hipsters are more elegant and stylish

i always think of scenesters as people who do things/wear things because they perceive them as cool and are just interested in imgage and what will make them seem cool whereas hipsters dont care and just do what they like

ToTALlY AGrEE

:blush: YeAH... They are the same thing. I dont understand people that say that hipsters are more classy or whatever.. They are the same... they are even portrayed the same... doing weird faces, drinking and faking that they are having a blast wherever they are! :o

XxpinktinksxX said:
Whats with all these styes which are just basically 'scene' =S

^yeah. almost all of the pictures posted in this thread could just as easily be posted in the 'scene' thread. while both sociologically and fashion wise there are differences between scenesters and hipsters, this thread does not display that. also, party shots are not really street style, they are scene pictures.

Is the recurrent blond girl with a tatoo on her arm famous?
She's really beautiful.

adi said:
well maybe from that we can conclude that scenesters and hipsters are practically the same thing.. leigh is like some sort of queen in the 'misshapes world' and that's considered as scene. and now she's portrayed here too
I tend to agree:unsure:
Mink, since you started the thread, I was hoping you would be posting some of your own photos to show "hipsters" rather than just reposting pictures taken from a site and since they all seem to come from the same one or two sites and those are represented in the Scene thread with the same people, should there perhaps be a merge with the bigger scene thread?
Let me know what y'all think...just wanting this to be where it will get the most visibility and fit in the best:flower:

My definition of a hipster is someone with a great sense of effortless style and esoteric intrests (extremely into their music, art, and other non-mainstream things), also, hipsters usually hate and talk crap about other "hipsters/scenesters" which is a MAJOR characteristic of a hipster. Where as a scenester does not necessarily have esoteric intrests, they just have to party alot and dress like whatever other party-goers are dressed like, have a somewhat groupie quailty to them, i think scenester I think of the hollywood party scene, lindsay lohan in my opinion is becoming a scenster. The blurred defintion of both is caused by the two appearing simultaneously on websites like "thecobrasnake". Hipsters would beat themselves up for being on a website like that.

^ totally agree with that . . . . i think i would die if i were to be on thecobrasnake

thanks so much mink for this thread! i love it! it is nice to see some pictures of actual hipsters since so many people get scenesters and hipsters mixed up and end up using pictures of scenesters from websites like thecobrasnake and lastnightsparty and classify them as hipsters . . . .totally WRONG! anyways, epiclylaterd is an awesome website, i check it out also . . . . . it's nice to see some skate people in here also, like jerry hsu and i'm thinking i saw a picture of the gonz?? i'm sure there a bunch more that i cannot recognize, but my friends could probably tell me who they are . . . . . they are a bunch of skate kids too! hahahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->