John Galliano FW 05

00580m.jpg
00380m.jpg

Dior FW 05 | John Galliano SS 06

00410m.jpg
00430m.jpg

Dior SS 06 | Dior HC FW 05

style.com :smile:

i loooooooooooove him, he s my fashion ''king'',he s the most unique person i ve ever seen :heart: :heart: :heart:

Couture Show

OH! GALLIANO SHOULD BE VERY BUSY THESE DAYS
AND I IMAGINE HIM NO EATING, CHAIN SMOKING, FULL NERVOUS...
AND FULL OF FANTASY, COLORS, AND ALL THESE BEAUTIFUL THINGS
THAT HE LOVES SHOW US...
I AM WAITIN´
:angry: ´COS THAT MILAN MENSWEAR MADE ME SLEEP:angry:

I think Galliano is stuffing his underwear, cause the first thing I notice is that large bulge that resembles a sock...just saying...

^ haha me too just quietly - but his whole look is exagerated so it goes its just him and i love his crativity, originality, and daring to actually wear his own stuff:P :heart:

galliano is wicked hes designs for 3 lines christion dior /dior homme / john galliano wicked

He doesn't design Dior Homme. ^_^
Just Dior Haute Couture and RTW, Galliano RTW, and Galliano Homme.

NEED HELP!!!!
I'm going to do an oral presentation for my arts class about John Galliano,and i need some info about his inspirations and stuff.can anyone please give me good websites...I've tried his own site....not much in there...

THANKS!!!!

i need some info about his inspirations and stuff

Everything and anything! Galliano's inspirations are insanely diverse ... sometimes he bases his collection on ideas from movies recently watched, sometimes they're based on the culture of places that he had visited ...

...take for example his Spring 2003 Haute Couture collection for Christian Dior. It seems it was a sort of artistic avalanche of the raging ideas in his head after he came back from a tour of Asia.

Take even his latest couture collection, for example. It seems that he was very inspired after having watched French fantasy film Les Visiteurs du Soir. What turned out was Fall/Winter 2006 Haute Couture, with women dressed as knights and also as topiaries.

FROM wikipedia

John Galliano CBE (born January 28, 1960, in Gibraltar) is a British - Gibraltarian fashion designer.
John Galliano moved to London as a child and attended Wilson's School in Wallington. In 1984, he graduated in design from the St. Martin's School of Arts, with a collection inspired by the French Revolution called Les Incroyables, that received great reviews. Following that, he started his own label under his own name and began his career as a fashion designer. He would win the award of British Designer of the Year in 1987. He would also win the award again in both 1994 and 1995.
In the 1990s, Galliano moved to Paris. In 1995, he was appointed the designer of Givenchy by LVMH. His first collection for the traditional fashion label was marked by an irreverent style that shocked the fashion world. Two years later, LVMH moved Galliano to Christian Dior and placed Alexander McQueen at Givenchy.
Galliano is known for his mind-blowing fashion shows that are far from boring. He has used Asia, Egypt, The Matrix, and prehistoric times as inspiration for entire haute couture collections. Models have been done up with geisha-type makeup and walked in possibly very wide and long voluminous ensembles.
Galliano has had critics constantly questioning what was wearable from his collections, and for some haute couture collections left people wondering why a person would choose to pay tens of thousands of dollars for some of the looks shown. He created more wearable collections starting Spring 2005 as, many were mentioning, his contract with LVMH was coming up for renewal.
Galliano has had Charlize Theron as his muse and has been creating haute couture dresses for her to wear to red carpet events such as the 2006 Oscars/the Academy Awards and the 2005 Golden Globes. She is also part of the ad campaign for Dior's j'adore perfume. Cate Blanchett also wore a dress created by him to the Oscars in the past.
Galliano came up with the idea for Gwen Stefani to have part of her wedding dress pink, and she gladly accepted his proposal.

Does anyone have any more info on his "galliano" by john galliano line? As in prices, when and where it will be available...?

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->