Horror Movies?

the grudge saga must be the horror movies who most terrified me! :shock:
after seeing them, i felt like that hairy girl was going to loom up anywhere, anytime... and the kind of noise she makes literally scared the hell outta me, it still does actually, each time i hear that, i remember the movie all at once, and... brrr, appaling. yet the story isn't really interesting and rather repetitive, but it still creeps me out.
otherwise i've seen loads of horror movies, but most of them didn't strike me, nor they did frighten me...

has any one seen the new nightmare on elm street yet? Going to see it wednessday cant wait :smile:

^ yeah, I've seen it. I liked the original a lot more, but there were certain parts of the remake that I thought were improved like Freddy Krueger is a lot more disturbed and perverted now rather than comedic so he is scarier, but I thought that the acting of most of the cast was pretty bad and the characters were really flat. I'd say that the second half was better than the first half. I think the thing that annoyed me the most was that some of the most memorable parts of the original were not done very well in the remake. Better than the Friday the 13th remake though :wink:

it's like 28 days later meets blair witch project set in one house... it was ok, but nothing I haven't seen before

yeah, I thought it was okay too, but nothing amazing like I had been told :rolleyes: it was like a combination of 28 days later, blindness and cloverfield :P

The Scream mask haunted my childhood as well, still does actually. I love watching the movies though!
Can't wait for Scream 4 either.. very curious about the story lines!

I want to see it too, although I only liked Scream then the novelty wore off for me :rolleyes: but I'm interested to see what they do with it after all of this time

I'm a big fan of horror movie too!
My very first has been REC, which was a good film. It is the original way is was filmed that gives it all its power. ^_^ I remember they two guys with whom I was watching it were as afraid as me, and we were commenting the movie aloud to reassure ourselves! :lol:
Quarantine, its american remake, was nuts tho. And I don't even want to speak about REC 2 :doh:.
Since that, I have seen so many horror movies and thriller I must be an expert :lol:.
From the typical horror movies for teenagers to the chef-d'oeuvre, there is a gap!
Some movies play on blood and slaughter while others are all about psychology...

The Ring (the first one) - was scaryyyyyyyyyyyy... I couldn't even set my eyes upon a TV at that time...

Got so excited after seeing this Scream 4 poster, until I realized it was fan-made :doh:.

The Ring (the first one) - was scaryyyyyyyyyyyy... I couldn't even set my eyes upon a TV at that time...

I watched alone one night, not a good idea :doh:
I also watched it on my VCR so I watched the first death frame-by-frame, also not a good idea :doh::doh:
It´s a great movie, the part that scares me the most is the ladder falling down :ninja:

Recently I saw The Collector, it´s like Saw but to me it was creepier...

I saw Dark Water (with Jennifer Connelly) again, it was uncomfortable to watch at some points, intense.
Shining is one of my all time favorites, it's seriously one of the most f* up movies.
Grudge 3 was very bloody and no happy ending. Ring movies are also cool to watch.

the end of the Ring totally ruins the whole movie imo :doh:
i've already heard of The Collector, but movies like Saw totally leave me impassive... i mean, it's nauseous, but not even a tad creepy to me!
has anyone seen One Missed Call? it's a japanese horror movie, that quite scared me the first time i watched it. the end is contrived though, but like, really contrived! i've never understood it actually :blink::lol:

The Ring, ooh I loved that one!! The first time I saw it, and I was really scared yeah!
That girl in the TV creeping out of the well, and in your direction...the TV suddenly switching on in the silence of the night...hehe!!
But now I've watched it a second time, and it doesn't scary me anymore.

The more one watches that kind of movie, the more one becomes used to it and the hardest it is to scares him.
It's like our vision of models....^^

Last edited by a moderator:
There's something with the horror movies...A year ago, I decided to watch The Grudge 3...I had a scary experience with the first 2, especially when the woman was walking in that strange way towards the victims.
I was all alone at home, and it was dark (9 pm), I was a little scary (to be honest), but I said "I'll watch this one on my own".
In order for it not to be so creepy, I lowered the voice (not to say I muted it...). You know what? I found it very hilarious the moment the woman was moving in the creepy way...I started laughing, I couldn't stop...I was imagining the production of that scene, how the hell was she doing that and not getting tired...
So, all in all, if we remove the sound effects, there are left only a few REAL horror movies.
Paranormal Activity is one of them!

Anyone seen The Human Centipede? :sick: :ninja:

The last "horror" movie I saw was Jeepers Creepers :lol: . The special effects (human corpses, mutilations, etc..) were sooo visibly fake and the plot so random it was actually funny^^.

Anyone seen The Human Centipede? :sick: :ninja:

Yes. It is different. Gross. Really can't decide if i like it or not. Not scary. Not gory. Just...different. And gross. But i guess the idea is imagining what it's like to be one of those people in the centipede. Now that is scary. Especially for the one in the middle.
"Feed her!" is the most horrific line. See it and you'll know why.

The Media Lounge and Digitonal's remix and rescore of The Shining:

I enjoyed watching this -- although not on Youtube, I found a higher quality file somewhere. Seems like a lot of people don't approve of tinkering with a classic, though. For me, the dark electronic music and processed dialogue made for a captivating reinterpretation.

Everyone already knows The Shining of course, so here's a beautifully haunting film from 1969 Czechoslovakia that's really been slept on:

thecrematorspalovacmrtv.jpg

wikipedia

Atmospheric, philosophical and creepy ... and nothing like that Saw crap :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Halloween gave me nightmares when I was 10 :lol:
Texas Chainsaw Massacre wasalso very scary
The Amityville Horror had me running to the toilet
The Hills Have Eyes was also pretty scary

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members