Hot Spots - Leopard F/W 04.05

Amélie

Reaction score
Cat Power
Designers Dash To Dots For Fall
May 27, 2004 – Lean, elegant, and a little dangerous; no wonder leopards are the most popular animal in the fashion jungle. Nary a season goes by without at least a few of those distinctive (faux) pelts showing up on the runways, and this fall was no exception. At Christian Dior, John Galliano worked ultravivid colors and lots of rockabilly zing into the feline mix. Dolce & Gabbana and Clements Ribeiro cut swirly, dotty skirts with enough moxie to satisfy the tough-chic clique, while dramatic chubbies (at Versace and Valentino) showed just how much fun it can be to flash your claws.
—Laird Borrelli
01f.jpg
02f.jpg

03f.jpg
04f.jpg

mr.b is not amused... :ninja: :meow: ...meow?.... :wink:

21f.jpg

hasn't this trend been bubbling for a while? like first with ysl doing it ages agao...then with that sorta jungle trend...i don't think it'll actually make it on to the streets...it's been around too along already.

This is one trend I really don't like. Looks tacky almost every single time. :innocent:

I used to LOVE it when I was into a more goth and rockabilly type thing. Now I keep it minimal, purse, sandals, etc.

I think that the reason I like it is because it is so unapologetically tacky. It's the glory days of loud. <3.

I'm actually okay with the feline print thing. Yes, in a lot of cases it looks tacky, but it can be nice when used correctly.

I think a few well-made, not over the top pieces with feline print can be chic if paired with simple, well cut (not skin tight! :P ) pieces.

I really like the Valentino and Catherine Malandrino looks. The rest are sort of :sick:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 2:46 pm
I quite like the green one actually... :innocent:
I was gonna say that, too! :P

06f.jpg

I like the cropped pants and shoes in this picture..the rest I don't really like...

11f.jpg

This reminds me of a pimp or something...all this girl needs is a cane and a big furry hat...and where are her HANDS?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->