Hot Topic

i thought that was probably it :blush:

just wanted to be sure...
thanks deborah :flower:

i love these, and i meant to get them a while ago, but i went to the store and could not see them anywhere!!!!

the staff there can be kinda scary too....
one girl had hair half red and half black(down the middle) with eyebrows to match!!!

when i was looking at a "say anything" album, this one employee came up to me and said, " that CD is f-ing awesome, you should really get it"!

talk about a good salesmen!

it-boy's nature said:
this one employee came up to me and said, " that CD is f-ing awesome, you should really get it"!

That happened to me too! :shock: I was looking at a sampler, and since the guy said it was f*cking awesome, I bought it. And man, did it really suck!

I've been in the store a couple different times just to see what all the fuss is about. Does anyone think it kind of smells funny? I went to two different stores and they both has this weird smell.

I usually get regular band shirts from hot topic ='] I sleep in them. This is going to sound so stupid but when I wake up and my hair is sticking out everywhere and I just have this sweet band shirt on and mascara that I missed when washing my face is all smudged, I think I look so hot :(

I went through a phase of wearing hot topic during high school.

Luckily I outgrew that

awh! hot topic...i agree...it smells weird...very plasticy....i think it's all the vinyl clothes and accessories....but every once in a while they have some cute rock-abillie dresses or cool t-shirts....the sizing sucks though!

If only their stores weren't so crowded and their aisles so small, maybe I'd be willing to give their items a chance. But they're not, so I won't.

Someone else noticed that smell too? It's so odd and plastic like. I don't mind the store-I'd buy some of their things, like accessories or sale items, but frankly a lot of their stuff seems too expensive for the quality of their products. I have bought some awesome shoes from their though, and sometimes the workers can be snobby if you don't look "punk" but rude workers can be expected from any store no matter what.

Hot Topic is a joke in the sense that they promote a package lifestyle which is very contrived. Actually, I think it's funny how 'scene' they've become in recent years... But they carry Lip Service, which I think 'f*cking rocks', deep down inside, except their Hot Topic line is different from Lip Service's main line, and of worse quality... :ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was dragged in there onetime (almost literally) by a girl I was seeing a while back. Ugh, something about the store freaked me out. Tacky and contrived came to mind.

It is a kind of tacky store, that relies on its "anti" image to gain money. It just sells this image, and images are something I'm not really a fan of. It just feels like, and many stores have this, you're either for us or against us. It's a store that's just so overwhelming, but many stores, especially those going for the younger crowd are.

i used to live for hot topic. i still shop for andy warhol accesories and cheap converse.

I've ordered merchandise off the website.

We don't have Hot Topic down here, but from what they have online, I don't see anything entirely too bad. Very scene. A little boring, but it's alright.

oooooooh they're re-doing the stores right now...they're going to make them all well lit and colorful...ICK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->